Windows 10: VueScan Scanner Software installation hangs netsh.exe - troubleshoot?

Discus and support VueScan Scanner Software installation hangs netsh.exe - troubleshoot? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had a issue with VueScan Scanner Software with the installation process. I am running Windows 10 Home Edition x64 with Creators Update. Basically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Almighty1, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Almighty1 Win User

VueScan Scanner Software installation hangs netsh.exe - troubleshoot?

I had a issue with VueScan Scanner Software with the installation process. I am running Windows 10 Home Edition x64 with Creators Update.

Basically this is what happens.

I download the shareware version of VueScan Scanner Software from the following:
    x32 Setup
    http://www.hamrick.com/files/vuex3295.exe
    http://files.hamrick.com/vuex3295.exe

x64 Setup
    http://www.hamrick.com/files/vuex6495.exe
    http://files.hamrick.com/vuex6495.exe

With the x32 version which is needed as one of my scanners only will show up with the x32 probably because it only has 32bit support.

Running vuex3295.exe which is the 32bit version, the installation will pause indefinitely as it is waiting for netsh.exe. However, if I manually kill the netsh.exe process after a minute or so, the installation will be successful.

The vuex6495.exe which is x64 does not have the problem as netsh.exe will start and close on it's own and the installation will be successful within a minute from running the .exe.

So what I want to know is what is causing the netsh.exe process to hang and how to troubleshoot it as I have contacted the author of the program who would not look into it other than saying the installer on the x64 version and x32 works exactly the same way.

:)

Almighty1, Dec 27, 2017
  2. zadza Win User

windows 10 not detecting canon mx340 printer

I tried it all. Scanner will not work with Windows 10. Purchased a driver from Hamrick Software called VueScan. Now the scanner works better than it ever did.

zadza, Dec 27, 2017
  3. Epson Perfection Scanner 3200 photo not recognised by Win 10

Vuescan will get your scanner working again. There is a trial version
    here

Mike Hall... always, Dec 27, 2017
  4. Almighty1 Win User

Seems like the developer must had read my post here as the problem was fixed with the version that was released shortly after.

Almighty1, Jan 16, 2018
Thema:

1. VueScan Scanner Software installation hangs netsh.exe - troubleshoot? - Similar Threads - VueScan Scanner Software

2. Netsh

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netsh: CMDNetshnetshnetsh.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E6%97%A0%E6%B3%95%E6%AD%A3%E5%B8%B8%E4%BD%BF/2ccbf0bb-0528-430c-bb89-a4f6274b4fdc
  3. Disable installing software with exe and msi

Disable installing software with exe and msi: I have a Windows 10 PC (pro) and it's a shared PC at home. I have only 1 account on it and it's shared with the family. The main user is at administrator level and is only the main account we use. I could setup 3 accounts: 2 as a standard user and keep 1 as the...
  4. Disable installing software with exe and msi

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable installing software with exe and msi: I have a Windows 10 PC (pro) and it's a shared PC at home. I have only 1 account on it and it's shared with the family. The main user is at administrator level and is only the main account we use. I could setup 3 accounts: 2 as a standard user and keep 1 as the...
  5. Exe not working for a software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exe not working for a software: I installed a softwareFrosty mod manager and I have tried for 24 hours to make it work but still cant open it. I have no antivirus installed I have watched all vids on utube but still cant do anything Any solutions?...
  6. VueScan software can't find the V600 Epson scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VueScan software can't find the V600 Epson scanner: I am not sure if it's a problem with windows 10 (which does not work well with Epson Scan) or with VueScan, but after suffering for 2 days with the former (Epson Scan keeps shutting down), I decided to download the free trial version of VueScan, but can't make the softeware...
  7. scanner software and drivers

scanner software and drivers: I have an epson v600 scanner, I downloaded the drivers from epson site. after installing drivers, when i try to use the program it says drivers not fond or softerware not found....
  8. Screen scanner software

Screen scanner software: Hello all . I'm wondering if there is an application software which continuously scan/search screen for some image patterns which user input to the software and in case of match call another application or script or program
  9. VueScan Will Not Find The Scanner

VueScan Will Not Find The Scanner: VueScan Scanner Software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux is where the software is found. VueScan worked until I installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit version 1709. The scanner is on a Brother MFC-9340CDW printer, running under WiFi. When I open VueScan, it reports that it...
  10. some .exe files hang

in Windows 10 Support
    some .exe files hang: In the last 48 hours, some .exe files do not execute. If started from explorer, explorer hangs. No error messages. These files run on another Win 10 machine. Nothing obvious in the event viewer. I note that *.exe file cannot be deleted when the system is in this state. I must...