Windows 10: VueScan Will Not Find The Scanner

Discus and support VueScan Will Not Find The Scanner in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; VueScan Scanner Software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux is where the software is found. VueScan worked until I installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Not Myself, Oct 19, 2017.

1. VueScan Will Not Find The Scanner

VueScan Scanner Software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux is where the software is found. VueScan worked until I installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit version 1709.

The scanner is on a Brother MFC-9340CDW printer, running under WiFi. When I open VueScan, it reports that it cannot find the scanner, and the Windows 10 apps module in Settings reports that VueScan is unavailable. VueScan's author asked me to check mDNS and firewall; mDNS is only used forMACs, according to the Brother software manual, and disabling Comodo firewall made no difference.

I tried scanning through AllMyMovies, which scans covers for entering into entries in the catalog as does AllMyBooks; scanner works there.

Any ideas?

:)

Not Myself, Oct 19, 2017

2. Epson Perfection Scanner 3200 photo not recognised by Win 10

Vuescan will get your scanner working again. There is a trial version
    here

Mike Hall... always, Oct 19, 2017
  3. INSTALLING MUSTEK SCANNER 1200 UB PLUS

Thank you jdd,

Vuescan was the first thing that appear,then I instal another drivers but still not working.Then oly thing that apperas after all this was a green scanner icon at the bottm right with a large red cross on top of ir and says --panel and green function.,,but
    still no connection.

dj

David jsdeMorais, Oct 19, 2017
  4. BKnight Win User

VueScan Will Not Find The Scanner

I had a sort of similar issue after updating to Fall Creators Update. I use an older version of Photoshop (CS 2003), and after updating to FCU Photoshop would not find the native Twain driver for my scanner.

My scanner is the CanoScan 8800F. Photoshop would only find the WIA, however I needed the Twain so I could use my scanner's much better native GUI. The only thing that worked for me was to set the compatibility of my older Photoshop to Windows XP (Service Pack 3). After I did that Photoshop recognized the native Twain driver for my scanner. That is the only thing that worked.

I realize that my above info may not help your situation, but in the meantime give NAPS2 a try. If that works then it is obvious that VueScan has to be updated to be compatible with your printer/scanner and FCU

NAPS2 - Scan documents to PDF and other file types, as simply as possible.

BKnight, Oct 20, 2017
  5. I tried three compatibility settings for VueScan, none of which worked. Out of curiosity, I then downloaded its 32-bit version, which claimed that it could not install, but clicking on its desktop icon started it; not surprisingly, that the same error as the 64-bit version. I suspect that the install error was because the program could not, while being installed, find the scanner.

I installed NAPS2, and quickly set up a profile and did a preview scan, using the Brother printer's TWAIN, which NAPS2 had no problem finding. Thanks for the link to a program I had never heard about. I will take a longer look at NAPS2 sometime, to see if it will replace VueScan until such time as that program is updated, if ever.

While deleting the 32bit VueScan, SuperAntispyware popped up a Real Time Protection Blocked Item Alert, complete, so to speak, with an empty box about what the program blocked is. I guess I will follow its suggestion to run a scan.

A few minutes later: I found that Super had already removed the unidentified blocked item, so no scan needed. I guess this is "unscandalous."

Not Myself, Oct 20, 2017
  6. BKnight Win User
    NAPS2 is great. Small, light weight (no bloat), free and open source.

BKnight, Oct 20, 2017
  7. sygnus21 Win User
    Make sure you install/get the 64-bit version. And the latest version is 9.5.90 released 20 October 2017.

That said, your post is somewhat confusing, but this is what I gather... You're saying VueScan is refusing to see your Brother Printer, which is running on Wi-Fi. You also state that Windows is telling you it can't see VueScan.

With that, check to see if there are any newer printer drivers. If not try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer. Also try running the latest version of VueScan (64-bit). If you've already got the latest version, try doing the same as for the printer drivers - uninstall/reinstall.

BTW why do you need VueScan for that printer? And yes, I'm familiar with VueScan seeing I've had a copy since 2004.

Let us know.

sygnus21, Oct 20, 2017
  8. sygnus21 Win User

I'm thinking the OP would rather get their software fixed and running rather than delving off into another program that may not actually solve the issue. In short, let's figure out what's going on before offering a myriad of alternate software solutions.

sygnus21, Oct 20, 2017
  9. I have the latest 64-bit version of VueScan, as well as the latest drivers for the printer (checked the web site yesterday.) I don't want to reinstall the printer, as everything else involved with it works correctly, such as AllMyMovies finding and using it. NAPS2 also works properly, having no problem finding the Brother TWAIN scanner.

I don't see anything confusing about both VueScan not finding the printer and Windows not finding VueScan. If Windows could find VueScan, that would (at least to me) indicate that VueScan can find the printer; put otherwise, if VueScan could find the printer, that would mean that Windows can find VueScan. The two items are directly related as far as I am concerned.

I use VueScan to edit things I want to scan, usually by cropping them, sometimes rotating them, etc., before scanning, so that the scan is what I want. If I don't need to do that, then I just use the scanner by pressing the proper buttons on its screen. (Interestingly, when I scan with AllMyMovies/Books, I can and do crop the image before creating the scan itself; I don't know where that comes from, having never seen it when simply scanning directly from the printer.)

As far as I am concerned, the problem is with VueScan, not with the printer.

Not Myself, Oct 20, 2017
  10. BKnight Win User
    Read what I wrote. It's an issue with his printer, VueScan, and FCU. I simply suggested he test it with NAPS2.

BKnight, Oct 21, 2017
  11. sygnus21 Win User
    The confusion was the way your post was written; however, we agree I got what you're saying so let's go on from here.

Anyway the reason I ask about using Vuescan is because I would have thought your printer came with some kind of scan software. My Epson all-in-one (XP-960) does.

I also know VueScan is a paid product (also a trial period) because I've had a copy since 2004. I was using it to scan my photo negatives from my Nikon Cool Scan 4000. Never did like the program and went back to the Nikon Scan software. I got the in perpetuity license they were offering at the time so I get free updates for life.

I was asking why you needed that instead of the scanner software that came with the scanner; unless the scanner is no longer supported or a problem? And yes, when everything is working, both scanner and software should see each other. So yes, there is a problem.

And no need to get gruff I'm simply trying to help.

sygnus21, Oct 21, 2017
  12. One man's gruff is another man's friendly. Sorry you took my comments are being gruff, they were not written as such.

As for scanner software with the printer, it is very basic; Put a document in, press whichever buttons need to be pressed, such as where to send the scan, b&w or color, 2-sized, scan. That is why I use VueScan (or, gruffly, did until it stopped working.

Ah, you keep referring to "the scanner," which I don't have. The Brother MFC-9340CDW is a LED All-In-One printer: It prints color & b&w, scans, faxes, copies, does not wash the dishes.

Not Myself, Oct 21, 2017
  13. sygnus21 Win User

You obviously don't respect my knowledge or help I'm trying to give considering your condescending comments....
    More attitude here....
    That attitude won't last here.

Later.

sygnus21, Oct 22, 2017
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    VueScan Will Not Find The Scanner [​IMG]
    Warning Let's keep this discussion friendly shall we.

Brink, Oct 22, 2017
  15. You are totally misreading my comments, none of which are condescending, nor are any of them disrespecting your knowledge.

A simple example: I merely pointed out that I don't have a scanner, thus have no scanner software, and provided a simple explanation of the printer that I do have. There is no reason for you to state that my attitude won't last long, as I have no "attitude," unless you take exception to the obviously humorous comment about dish washing.

I have only been on-line since October, 1973; your comments about my so-called condescension and attitude are just about the only, if not the only, such I can recall having received in all that time.

If you want to try to help me, I would appreciate it; if not, so be it. That's all I am going to say about this.

Not Myself, Oct 22, 2017
Thema:

1. VueScan Will Not Find The Scanner - Similar Threads - VueScan Find Scanner

2. I'd like to find driver for flatbed scanner 1248ub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'd like to find driver for flatbed scanner 1248ub: I'd like to find driver for flatbed scanner 1248ub https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/id-like-to-find-driver-for-flatbed-scanner-1248ub/3ca23e84-78b4-4654-b417-587a8af94fc4
  3. Microsoft safety scanner finds no virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft safety scanner finds no virus?: I downloaded this Trojan Horse a few weeks ago and it's been messing with my computer. I've had some people help me run a scan on my computer, and now I'm on this safety scanner. Unlike the other scans, it detects 30+ corrupted files. However, when it finishes scanning...
  4. Microsoft safety scanner finds no virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft safety scanner finds no virus?: I downloaded this Trojan Horse a few weeks ago and it's been messing with my computer. I've had some people help me run a scan on my computer, and now I'm on this safety scanner. Unlike the other scans, it detects 30+ corrupted files. However, when it finishes scanning...
  5. Why can't My computer find my scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why can't My computer find my scanner: Why can't my computer find my scanner? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-my-computer-find-my-scanner/095c9499-e66f-4cfb-a08e-855daaae7b40
  6. we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner: I have my own Lenovo 920 Yoga 13IKB equipment fingerprint scanner but it said: '' We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compitable with Windows Hello Fingerprints. So if you can do this....
  7. Touch Pad & finger scanner cannot find

Touch Pad & finger scanner cannot find: I have Asus vivobook15 512fj I updated chipset drivers after suddenly touchpad stopped working also finger scanner it not show in device manager only external mouse is showing I tried to install drivers but it's not fix the problem I also downgrade the driver update but still...
  8. VueScan software can't find the V600 Epson scanner

VueScan software can't find the V600 Epson scanner: I am not sure if it's a problem with windows 10 (which does not work well with Epson Scan) or with VueScan, but after suffering for 2 days with the former (Epson Scan keeps shutting down), I decided to download the free trial version of VueScan, but can't make the softeware...
  9. Windows 10 can't find Canon MX490 Scanner

Windows 10 can't find Canon MX490 Scanner: The scanner and printer have worked fine for several months; however, lately every time I try to scan something, Windows 10 on my computer says there is no scanner connected, but at the same time, the printer part of the Canon MX490 will be working properly. I have been able...
  10. VueScan Scanner Software installation hangs netsh.exe - troubleshoot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VueScan Scanner Software installation hangs netsh.exe - troubleshoot?: I had a issue with VueScan Scanner Software with the installation process. I am running Windows 10 Home Edition x64 with Creators Update. Basically this is what happens. I download the shareware version of VueScan Scanner Software from the following: x32 Setup...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vuescan not detect twain scanner

2. vuescan not finding scanner

3. VueScan Will Not Find The Scanner