Windows 10: Vulnerability hunting with Semmle QL, part 1

Discus and support Vulnerability hunting with Semmle QL, part 1 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Previously on this blog, we’ve talked about how MSRC automates the root cause analysis of vulnerabilities reported and found. After doing this, our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Vulnerability hunting with Semmle QL, part 1

Read more: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...mle-ql-part-1/

:)

Brink, Aug 17, 2018

2. Microsoft Treasure Hunt

Hi MarGal1,

A corrupted profile is one of the potential reasons you're having issue playing the game Microsoft Treasure Hunt specifically resetting your game weapon. To help you resolve this concern, I suggest that you perform the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Storage.
    • Select This PC.
    • Click Temporary files.
    • Choose Temporary files.
    • Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 5: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 17, 2018
  3. MarGal1 Win User
    Microsoft Treasure Hunt

In step 4, under System I do not find Apps and features. I have done the other steps. Marlene

MarGal1, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Yukikaze Win User

WPA2 Vulnerability Found

A small update with regards to the Microsoft fix. The fix itself is sufficient to solve the issue on Windows, even if your WiFi device has no driver update, with one caveat:

Does this security update fully address these vulnerabilities on Microsoft Platforms, or do I need to perform any additional steps to be fully protected?
    The provided security updates address the reported vulnerabilities; however, when affected Windows based systems enter a connected standby mode in low power situations, the vulnerable functionality may be offloaded to installed Wi-Fi hardware. To fully address potential vulnerabilities, you are also encouraged to contact your Wi-Fi hardware vendor to obtain updated device drivers. For a listing of affected vendors with links to their documentation, review the ICASI Multi-Vendor Vulnerability Disclosure statement here: http://www.icasi.org/wi-fi-protected-access-wpa-vulnerabilities

Source: {{windowTitle}}

Yukikaze, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Vulnerability hunting with Semmle QL, part 1 - Similar Threads - Vulnerability hunting Semmle

2. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?: I recently purchased a the ZALMAN WIFI enclosure and added a drive to it and filled it with files.I works well but it required SMB 1 to be enabled for it to connect to my system.I understand that SMB 1 has security risks.I found a video that demonstrates that the...
  3. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?: I recently purchased a the ZALMAN WIFI enclosure and added a drive to it and filled it with files.I works well but it required SMB 1 to be enabled for it to connect to my system.I understand that SMB 1 has security risks.I found a video that demonstrates that the...
  4. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Microsoft treasure Hunt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft treasure Hunt: In Microsoft treasure Hunt, how do I get the short video ad to play so I can come back to life? It offers me one last chance to live after blowing up my 3 hearts, but I don't know how to get to the video. But the 'NO THANKS' sure works fast enough!!...
  6. treasure hunt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    treasure hunt: After I got to level 115, I died. Started new game at level 1. Now all I can get in tools is 15 picks, 10 dynamite and 10 maps. Some times going to new level doesn't give all 5 hearts. Also, when exiting treasure vault goes to same level but with most of dirt and have to go...
  7. Vulnerability hunting with Semmle QL, part 2

in Windows 10 News
    Vulnerability hunting with Semmle QL, part 2: The first part of this series introduced Semmle QL, and how the Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) are using it to investigate variants of vulnerabilities reported to us. This post discusses an example of how we’ve been using it proactively, covering a security audit...
  8. Treasure Hunt

Treasure Hunt: Every time I play Microsoft Treasure Hunt, no matter how far I go if I close the game it always starts over at the beginning. All my other card games remember where I am but not this one....
  9. MICROSOFT TREASURE HUNT

MICROSOFT TREASURE HUNT: I enjoy playing Microsoft Treasure Hunt. Recently a problem came up when closing down a game. Usually the game would be saved at whatever level I was at and would subsequently reopen at that same level. Now when I shutdown the game starts at the very beginning, Level One....
  10. Treasure Hunt Game Resetting To Level 1.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Treasure Hunt Game Resetting To Level 1.: why has treasure hunt reset to level one every time I try to play also have lost all my larger amounts of bombs etc gone back to 2 each. ***Edited Original Title From: re set***...