Windows 10: VulnScan - Automated Triage & Root Cause Analysis of Memory Corruption

Discus and support VulnScan - Automated Triage & Root Cause Analysis of Memory Corruption in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) receives reports about potential vulnerabilities in our products and it’s the job of our engineering team... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

VulnScan - Automated Triage & Root Cause Analysis of Memory Corruption

Read more: VulnScan - Automated Triage and Root Cause Analysis of Memory Corruption Issues Defense

:)

Brink, Oct 4, 2017

2. Unexpected Reboots if the PC is idle on Windows 10-.

Hi Likhitha,

The system blue screens with an error message of WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Running the driver verifier showed that a VMWare driver (vmci.sys) was causing but after uninstalling VMWare I am still having the same issue.

The system is relatively new so I have regularly been installing new software.

I've been able to narrow down the issue slightly. It's only when the GPU is idle that the error occurs.

I've pasted the analysis of the latest minidump below.

Regards,

Matt

--MINI DUMP--

*******************************************************************************

* Bugcheck Analysis *

*******************************************************************************

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)

A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error

source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the

WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.

Arguments:

Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception

Arg2: ffffe001c2724028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.

Arg3: 00000000f6000f40, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Arg4: 0000000000040150, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:

------------------

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: f

BAD_PAGES_DETECTED: add9

STACK_TEXT:

ffffd001`213d96f8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module

IMAGE_NAME: Unknown_Image

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

BUCKET_ID: PAGE_NOT_ZERO

Followup: MachineOwner

---------

*** Memory manager detected 44505 instance(s) of page corruption, target is likely to have memory corruption.

MattSmith623, Oct 4, 2017
  3. SrtTrail.txt - root cause>registry is corrupted

Log File: G:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

Whenever I type this in cmd then it opens a notepad showing lot of tests with 1 root cause and that is 'registry is corrupted' with 'repair failed'.

Please Help!

Sameer Mokate, Oct 4, 2017
Thema:

VulnScan - Automated Triage & Root Cause Analysis of Memory Corruption

1. VulnScan - Automated Triage & Root Cause Analysis of Memory Corruption - Similar Threads - VulnScan Automated Triage

2. Root cause of a crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Root cause of a crash: My computer BSOD'd recently because of a game, and I've run the Windbg, but I don't know how to read & analyze the output:minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgqNtwl2mN3ShVZ9O2TQVOXwtuoa?e=YVXDEg************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories...
  3. CD Playback Static in Windows 11 – but not in Linux – on AM5 Desktop – A Root Cause Analysis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD Playback Static in Windows 11 – but not in Linux – on AM5 Desktop – A Root Cause Analysis: Updating my old desktop into a Windows 11-capable AM5 AMD computer proceeded without a hitch 3 weeks ago.New components include an ASUS Prime X670E-Pro WIFI motherboard, a Ryzen 9 7900 CPU, and 32GB of G.Skill Trident Z5 RAM. Retained components include a Seasonic Prime...
  4. CD Playback Static in Windows 11 – but not in Linux – on AM5 Desktop – A Root Cause Analysis

CD Playback Static in Windows 11 – but not in Linux – on AM5 Desktop – A Root Cause Analysis: Updating my old desktop into a Windows 11-capable AM5 AMD computer proceeded without a hitch 3 weeks ago.New components include an ASUS Prime X670E-Pro WIFI motherboard, a Ryzen 9 7900 CPU, and 32GB of G.Skill Trident Z5 RAM. Retained components include a Seasonic Prime...
  5. Please revisit: Corrupt Registry: Root Cause in Startup Repair.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please revisit: Corrupt Registry: Root Cause in Startup Repair.: To follow my question Search title: Corrupt Registry: Root Cause in Startup Repair.I have tried many methods to restore my Windows 7 PC to normal but this time i am in a System repair restart loop. It did produce a log where it says the registry is corrupt and it can't fix...
  6. Please revisit: Corrupt Registry: Root Cause in Startup Repair.

Please revisit: Corrupt Registry: Root Cause in Startup Repair.: To follow my question Search title: Corrupt Registry: Root Cause in Startup Repair.I have tried many methods to restore my Windows 7 PC to normal but this time i am in a System repair restart loop. It did produce a log where it says the registry is corrupt and it can't fix...
  7. root cause of mdump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    root cause of mdump: Out application crashed due to Out Of Memory. I need to check on the root cause of it. When I ran mdump on winDBG, I got the output mentioned below. What can be the cause for getting this dump due to - MODULE_NAME: java_exe, IMAGE_NAME: java.exe, and FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:...
  8. root cause of mdump

root cause of mdump: Out application crashed due to Out Of Memory. I need to check on the root cause of it. When I ran mdump on winDBG, I got the output mentioned below. What can be the cause for getting this dump due to - MODULE_NAME: java_exe, IMAGE_NAME: java.exe, and FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:...
  9. root cause of mdump

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Root Cause Analysis - System Reboot - v1809 (Windows Server 2019)

in Windows 10 Support
    Root Cause Analysis - System Reboot - v1809 (Windows Server 2019): Hi all, Thanks in advance for any responses. My OS is actually Windows Server 2019 Essentials, however I am looking for general troubleshooting guidance related. ########## SYMPTOM ########## OS Reboots when NVMe SSD begins experiencing heavy write activity. ######### ERRORS...