Windows 10: W-LAN extremely unstable, disconnects every few seconds

Discus and support W-LAN extremely unstable, disconnects every few seconds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have been experiencing problems with the internet on my desktop PC. Every time I try to connect my W-LAN I have Internet for about 10 - 30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Torugu, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Torugu Win User

W-LAN extremely unstable, disconnects every few seconds

Hello,

I have been experiencing problems with the internet on my desktop PC. Every time I try to connect my W-LAN I have Internet for about 10 - 30 seconds before I lose Internet access (despite still being connected to the network). I then spend several minutes, dis- and reconnecting, turning my router on and off etc. until the Internet works again, only to lose connection again shortly after.

A few additional pieces of information:
    -My router is a Fritz Box and my W-Lan stick a Fritz Stick
    -Other devices in the same room - including my laptop and my mobile - work just fine
    -I have used the PC in the same position in the same room before and never had any issues
    -I recently upgraded from Win 7, but I'm not sure if the problem was there before the update since I connected via LAN until recently (but that is no longer possible)
    -I have try tried different W-LAN sticks to rule out hardware failure, both have the same problem

If somebody could help me find a solution I would be very grateful.

:)

Torugu, Aug 16, 2015
  2. MJaoune Win User

WP 8.1 DECODE ERROR YOU VIDEOS

There is a very big difference between connection strength and connection speed. You might have a connection of 100mbps or more and still have an unstable connection which keeps disconnecting for a few seconds every couple of minutes.

MJaoune, Aug 16, 2015
  3. LAN driver keeps on resetting every few seconds

I have upgraded my old Acer TravelMate 6492 machine to Windows 10 x64. This is running on Core 2 Duo with 4GB of RAM. After the fresh installation of Windows 10 x64, I have started to experience the issue of the machine freezing for a second every few seconds.
    I went into the event viewer and saw the following event:

The network interface "Intel(R) 82566MM Gigabit Network Connection" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets.

Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset.

This network interface has reset 145 time(s) since it was last initialized.

The above message appears at least once every minute and sometimes even twice in the same minute. I have searched a lot on the net for the updated driver for this card, but have not found any. The current driver it is using is version
    9.13.41.3 dated 29 Sep 2011. This is the one that came with Windows 10 x64.

I have also searched for this issue and have found that a lot of people are getting this on Windows 10. So far I have encountered no solution. I have disabled power management as well as IPv6 on this machine, but still the issue
    is occurring. Have even tried uninstalling and re-installing the driver but to no avail.

Can anyone help me out with before I have to take the call to revert back to Windows 7?

Thanks,

Akbar.

akbar_munir, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Milone Win User

It's more than probably that your Windows 7 wifi driver isn't up to scratch for Windows 10. If the driver can be updated that should fix the problem. Look through this section. It's loaded with reports of a similar situation. Alternatively Microsoft might be able to make it's own software more compatible with older drivers in a future update. I'm hoping a resolution will come soon. I have a tablet with the same problem and it's taking a vacation now because I'm tired of wrestling with the router every day to re-establish a connection.

Milone, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

1. W-LAN extremely unstable, disconnects every few seconds - Similar Threads - LAN extremely unstable

2. Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.: Recently, my notebook started to have some problems where any program I'm using will either freeze completely not responding for a few seconds or become so slow it's unusable. Started a few days ago and is extremely weird. I can be using youtube and the browser just stops...
  3. Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.: Recently, my notebook started to have some problems where any program I'm using will either freeze completely not responding for a few seconds or become so slow it's unusable. Started a few days ago and is extremely weird. I can be using youtube and the browser just stops...
  4. Internet disconnecting every few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnecting every few seconds: Can somone please help my internet has been disconnecting every few seconde for a couple months now and i have moved my pc and stuff its not the connection...
  5. Internet disconnecting every few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet disconnecting every few seconds: Can somone please help my internet has been disconnecting every few seconde for a couple months now and i have moved my pc and stuff its not the connection...
  6. Internet disconnecting every few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Ethernet Identifying/Disconnecting Every Few Seconds

Ethernet Identifying/Disconnecting Every Few Seconds: Hello all, I've had this build for a few months now and everything has been working fine until a week or so ago my computer was no longer detecting that the Ethernet cord I had plugged in was there. Nothing physically changed from when I had last booted up so I suspect some...
  8. Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds: This is literally driving me to insanity. I'm just using the pc normally and i keep hearing the sound that you hear when you disconnect a usb device. It happens every few seconds. I opened up device manager, nothing abnormal there, but when ever i hear the disconnected...
  9. Unstable Wifi, WIFI card turn off / on every few seconds

Unstable Wifi, WIFI card turn off / on every few seconds: Since I reset my windows "a month ago" WIFI connection become unstable. It's turn off every while "5:10 seconds" and turn on after another seconds while it work very good with LAN cable in. I tried several salutations as: Troubleshoot connection and it find now issue....
  10. Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds: This is literally driving me to insanity. I'm just using the pc normally and i keep hearing the sound that you hear when you disconnect a usb device. It happens every few seconds. I opened up device manager, nothing abnormal there, but when ever i hear the disconnected...