Windows 10: w live mail. stuttering mouse, unreadable fonts when magnified.

Discus and support w live mail. stuttering mouse, unreadable fonts when magnified. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all A friend if mine is virtually blind and uses software for visually impaired called Supernova by Dolphin. Last week he sent his PC back to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ojustaboo, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Ojustaboo Win User

w live mail. stuttering mouse, unreadable fonts when magnified.

Hi all

A friend if mine is virtually blind and uses software for visually impaired called Supernova by Dolphin.

Last week he sent his PC back to them to have it upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and the latest version of their Supernova software.

I went around to set it up for him, and all works well except for one thing (well only found one thing so far):

When he opens Windows Live Mail, initially it looks perfect, but as soon as you move the mouse, it stutters over everywhere except the actual message window and the text gets corrupted/unreadable everywhere except the message window.

With the magnifier off, it's perfect, as soon as it's magnified any amount (he has to have it a massive 16 to be able to see anything), even a tiny bit, the problem happens. It doesn't seem to happen in any other software I've tried (Browsing web is 100% fine for example) it's just Windows live and only the menu bars and inbox windows (message window 100% fine)

The mouse moves fine across the message window, the rest it stutters/lags badly and breaks up the text in the process.

He only got the PC back from them today, I checked the windows version and it was 1709

I couldn't work out what was causing it, I am going back round tomorrow to phone Dolphin to see if they can help, but wondered if anyone had any suggestions?

Latest graphics, mouse, audio drivers

An alternative email program would be OK usually but with his age and bad vision, he's going to struggle using something different (although thinking about it, something like Thunderbird would look pretty similar)

Many thanks

:)

Ojustaboo, Nov 19, 2017

2. WINDOWS 10, UNWANTED CHANGES WHEN MOVING MOUSE

Things frequently don't display properly in Windows 10 but the gripe in this question is that moving the mouse on my laptop causes unwanted screen changes and in particular at the moment in W LIVE MAIL moving the mouse whilst in the process of writing a
    message has caused the font to reduce in size from 12 to something minute although the font size selected still says 12. The font options seem to e locbked and I cannot make any adjustments. The change happened just moving the mouse.

Second question -Is it possible to change to Windows 7 ? I don't have touch screen and I don't want it. I really would prefer W 7

RogerMinnie, Nov 19, 2017
  3. Mouse pointer jitters/stutters in magnifier windows 10

After installing the recent fall creators upgrade to windows 10, my mouse pointer jitters/stutters/lags etc while using the magnifier feature. The problem appears when the magnifier view settings are greater that 100%. At 100% view, no problem. I had
    no problem prior to the latest upgrade.

DavidHotovy, Nov 19, 2017
  4. Ojustaboo Win User

Turned out he was running essentials 2009.

I installed 2012 and all works fine.

First install failed with error (think it was 0x800c0006)

I found an offline installer, just selected mail and it installed fine

Ojustaboo, Nov 20, 2017
Thema:

1. w live mail. stuttering mouse, unreadable fonts when magnified. - Similar Threads - live mail stuttering

2. Unreadable font problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unreadable font problem: problem shows up after updating https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unreadable-font-problem/dd025bb9-c376-45b2-872f-6a6895233a4f
  3. Unreadable font problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unreadable font problem: problem shows up after updating https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unreadable-font-problem/dd025bb9-c376-45b2-872f-6a6895233a4f
  4. FONTS &SCREEN ICONS MAGNIFIED

in Windows 10 Customization
    FONTS &SCREEN ICONS MAGNIFIED: I occasionally had a pink screen, so I replaced the cable between the computer and monitor insulation damage. After I did, the fonts and screen became magnified, even though I HAD not changed to magnify. I cannot change the font on the system to anything less than 100% and...
  5. Fix for mouse jumping when using magnifier

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fix for mouse jumping when using magnifier: I recently noticed that my mouse jumps around in certain programs. The problem is repeatable and the mouse always jump in a predictable fashion to the same exact spot in the program. The location it jumps to is program dependent, for example: In Outlook, when I click in...
  6. desktop font unreadable

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop font unreadable: The very faint outline font on the desktop is unreadable on my new Dell xps laptop. Horrible choice from Windows 10. Worst of all...there is no user friendly means of changing it and the directions given on the Microsoft site in answer to this same question from others are...
  7. Windows Live Mail : Change font of message list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live Mail : Change font of message list: I know it is possible because I have done it before. Unfortunately I can not find the web page again. It is not done through the program. 133145
  8. Mail app - live tile unread count not updating

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app - live tile unread count not updating: In my start menu, I use the mail live tile. But it doesn't seem to update even after I don't have any unread emails. This is the live tile: [img] And here, you can see that I don't have any unread emails: [img] So what's going on? Is there a fix for this?...
  9. Select Unread Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Select Unread Mail: am i missing something or did we lose the ability to select all unread mail in the Mail app? seemd like a backward step if true. are thelNning to address this? i sent feedbback already. thanks. 8054
  10. Can the Mail Live Tile simply show the number of unread e-mails?

in Browsers and Email
    Can the Mail Live Tile simply show the number of unread e-mails?: Hi, This Mail Live Tile problem has bugged me for years... Unlike my phone icon which shows a number indicating the number of unread e-mails in my inbox (very straightforward), this Window app seems to insist on showing the number of newly arrived and unread e-mails since...