Windows 10: W10 activation servers down?

Discus and support W10 activation servers down? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Is it over? I'm getting a server down message when trying to activate W10. Anyone know what time Microsoft is supposed to pull the plug on the free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Azucho98, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Azucho98 Win User

W10 activation servers down?

Is it over? I'm getting a server down message when trying to activate W10. Anyone know what time Microsoft is supposed to pull the plug on the free update? Anyone else having this problem?

thanks!

:)

Azucho98, Jul 28, 2016
  2. banyoo Win User

Domain Joined Windows 7/8.1 Pro Upgrades to Windows 10?

I also have the problem that a Domain joined W7 OEM PC can be updated to W10 using MediaBuilder.exe, but not activated. Exact the same PC can be activated under W10 if I join it to workgroup before updateing to W10.

What prevents a domain joined Computer from beeing activated? It looks to me that the activation process is not able to find MS activation server.

And it does not help to leave Domain *after* upgrade. You Need to go back to W7, leave Domain, upgrade, activate, join Domain again.

banyoo, Jul 28, 2016
  3. tdug Win User
    Windows 10 Recovery Drive

W10 licence is hardware dépendent. Thus no key is required to reinstall it on the same machine which signature is registered on the Microsoft servers.

If you change the motherboard or cpu, it is considered as a new machine. W10 will probably be de-activated as soon as you restore your saved W10.

That is what I read...

4. Azucho98 Win User

Got it to work. Must have been down for a while......

Azucho98, Jul 28, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    Probably just overloaded - same happened with W10 first came out.

cereberus, Jul 28, 2016
  6. LMiller7 Win User
    Downloading and activating Windows 10 is going to be problematic for many people and it will only get worse in the final hours. There will be a limit on simultaneous connections and to many it will appear the servers are down. Downloading and activation will still work after the deadline, you will just have to have a purchased key.

LMiller7, Jul 28, 2016
  7. TECHWHO Win User
    obvoius who!

TECHWHO, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 activation servers down? - Similar Threads - W10 activation servers

2. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 activation: I have to let my laptop be fixed and while I'm doing that I am having trouble activating windows. I tried to use troubleshooter but it won't work. I asked the same problem before and gave me the steps to do in troubleshooter. I cannot find a way to talk to someone instead of...
  3. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 activation: I have upgraded and changed my mother board and when I open it, there is a watermark for activation. I tried to activate and do trinoubleshoot but it seems that it doesn't connect....
  4. W10 activation

W10 activation: I have upgraded and changed my mother board and when I open it, there is a watermark for activation. I tried to activate and do trinoubleshoot but it seems that it doesn't connect....
  5. W10 activation

W10 activation: So I found a product key in the web to used and it's working.. I just want to ask if this legal or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-activation/3082f857-331a-4788-8495-031e8d387310
  6. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 activation: Hello, I'm having trouble activating my windows 10 home. It was all good until I made a huge hardware update recently and now only my old hard drive remains. Windows on that hard drive detected the hardware change and then decided to deactivate my windows. The problem is I...
  7. Microsoft activation servers down

Microsoft activation servers down: Hello, I have a legit windows Home edition version. I had a motherboard problem, fixed it, now I can't activate Windows. I keep going through the troubleshooter and select, Changed hardware on this device recently, but keep getting this stupid error message. I have also...
  8. Activation problem! Servers are down!

Activation problem! Servers are down!: I just built a new PC and transferred all my SSDs and HDDs. I've been trying to activate Windows and Office but it keeps telling me the servers are down. Keep getting the message below: Unable to activate Windows We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available...
  9. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 activation: My w10 system suddenly asks for activation after 2 years of normal operation. No hardware changes. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-activation/7e19f933-a1c3-438f-9fcb-606b563292f5
  10. activating w10

activating w10: I have an older drive with windows 8.1 on it, I have copied the key from the OS. This drive was never updated to w10 but is a fully legal activated version of w8.1 I have just put together a new system and figured I could do a clean install of 586 w10 and just plug in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 activation servers down