Windows 10: W10 ADK -- where is it

Discus and support W10 ADK -- where is it in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there I'm trying to download the W10 ADK but I'm on a NON windows system currently. I'm presented from the Ms site an .EXE file which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Jun 6, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

W10 ADK -- where is it

Hi there

I'm trying to download the W10 ADK but I'm on a NON windows system currently.

I'm presented from the Ms site an .EXE file which is obviously useless on the system I'm currently using.

W10 ADK -- where is it [​IMG]

Anybody have a direct link.

Note - it's not unusual for people to want to download stuff for use on another machine -- I hope Ms isn't going to insist that you have to be on Windows to download stuff -- I've often used a Linux LIVE CD to obtain a windows program to repair a broken Windows installlation.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jun 6, 2016
  2. dcolpitts Win User

Installer closing at ~6% (wimmount?/0x80070003)

I have the same issue trying to inplace Windows 8.1u1 x64 Enterprise to Windows 10 x64 Enterprise. I had the 8.1u1 ADK installed already. I also tried it uninstalled, and with the Windows 10 ADK installed. No dice. I even updated wimmount.sys in C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\Drivers
    to the W10 ADK version.

As part of my troubleshooting, I was able to grab a copy of C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\SafeOS\winre.wim before the installer removes it (after failing), and it fails to mount even when I attempt to manually mount it from command prompt. So there is something
    more to this than just wimmount.sys missing.

I'm still troubleshooting this though.

dcc

dcolpitts, Jun 6, 2016
  3. Using SIM (System Image Manager) from ADK 10.0.10240.16384 and mounting INSTALL.WIM error

I used the MS Media Creation Tool to download my copy of W10. I downloaded an ISO. I've used this ISO to install W10.

I then mounted the above ISO and extracted SOURCES\INSTALL.WIM to a folder on my hard disk.

I then downloaded the MS ADK - version 10.0.10240.16384 and installed it. It supposedly is the latest.

I ran SIM (System Image Manager) to create an automation file for use with SYSPREP, and attempted to load the above extracted INSTALL.WIM that was provided by MS. I get an error "an attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format."

When will this bug be fixed. Currently W10 cannot be SYSPREP'd as automation XML files can't be created using MS supplied utilities.

Is there a patch for the ADK/SIM? Any time lines for fixing this

Garry G. Green (The Real One), Jun 6, 2016
  4. Vignesh B Win User

W10 ADK -- where is it

Unfortunately there are no offline installer since Windows 8. Though using that adksetup.exe file you can create an offline installer which can be used in future.
    Your only option as far as I know is to use a PC for downloading the ADK.
    Sorry for being unhelpful.

Vignesh B, Jun 6, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks --you aren't being unhelpful --Ms is !!!!

Anyway I'll start up a Windows VM - but I don't really want ti INSTALL the ADK - just use bits of it !!!!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

W10 ADK -- where is it

1. W10 ADK -- where is it - Similar Threads - W10 ADK where

2. WIndows adk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows adk: I want to download windows 10 assessment and deployment tool kit for version 22h2 but i cant find it in their assessment and deployment page. I can only find windows 11 , windows 10 1903 and windows 2004. Can anyone give me the link?...
  3. WIndows adk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows adk: I want to download windows 10 assessment and deployment tool kit for version 22h2 but i cant find it in their assessment and deployment page. I can only find windows 11 , windows 10 1903 and windows 2004. Can anyone give me the link?...
  4. WIndows adk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows ADK Error

Windows ADK Error: Hi,So today I downloaded Windows ADK and I want to install Application Compability Tool, I went through all the proccess, did everything fine but then when it start to run, it stucked at 0%, I checked the log files, it said this error code: Win32 Error Code: -2147467259...
  6. where is windows adk download stored

in Windows 10 Support
    where is windows adk download stored: I downloaded 7.5 Gb of Windows ADK (in my opinion I downloaded it is to be verified) this is the link Windows ADK downloads 7.5 GB https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...deployment-kit Here are a couple of screenshots I took while downloading it [img] [img] [img] the...
  7. where does my windows adk download go

in Windows 10 Customization
    where does my windows adk download go: I downloaded 7.5 Gb of Windows ADK in my opinion I downloaded it is to be verified this is the link Windows ADK downloads 7.5 GB https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...deployment-kit Here are a couple of screenshots I took while downloading it [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. W10 1809 -ADK not working

W10 1809 -ADK not working: I have reinstalled W10 1809 enterprise onto my laptop. But the Windows ADK, which was okay on this before, suddenly does not work. ADK appears in Program Files(x86) and the installation seems to complete and gets to the end, however I see the following two screen shots....
  9. adk tools

in Microsoft Office and 365
    adk tools: Hi. How can i create office 365 provisioning package to add to a custom wim? I tried ICD but it doesnt work cause of win32 dependencies. How can i get the dependencies? Need to do this using ICD 117964
  10. adk tools

in Windows 10 Support
    adk tools: Hi. How can i create office 365 provisioning package to add to a custom wim? I tried ICD but it doesnt work cause of win32 dependencies. How can i get the dependencies? Need to do this using ICD 117964