Windows 10: W10 Administrator Control issue

Discus and support W10 Administrator Control issue in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I have W10 installed on my HP Desktop computer and am the only onethat uses the system. The Administrative users are Administrator and Bob... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by boblink, Dec 25, 2015.

1. boblink Win User

W10 Administrator Control issue

Hello, I have W10 installed on my HP Desktop computer and am the only onethat uses the system. The Administrative users are Administrator and Bob (me)but when I tried to delete a JPEG photo from my Desktop, I was advised that Ineed to be the administrator to delete the file.
    I believe that I AM the Administrator (see below) and would appreciate anyhelp that you can offer to insure that I AM “the administrator” and a, able toperform ALL functions on MY computer.
    Also, if anyone from MS reads theseforum messages, I am sure that I am not alone in requesting an option an optionfor Home Users where they can choose to be the Administrator of their systems (Enterprise ITcan continue to be Administrator of corporate accounts)?
    Thank you,
    Bob

:)

boblink, Dec 25, 2015

2. I just can't enable the lock screen in my Windows 10

A group policy has been set that disables the Lock Screen. If running W10 Pro, open Grou Policy Editor and check the settings here:

Administrative Templates =>Control Panel => Personalization

Check out the Lock screen policies there.

If you're running W10 Home Edition, the policy setting need to be removed from the registry.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Dec 25, 2015
  3. Safe login account that does not have internet access

Is there anyway I can create an account in W10 that does not require an e-mail address. I want to create a user that I can use that does not have internet access or administrative access for a control application.

Philip Rose, Dec 25, 2015
  4. boblink Win User

that show the system administrators as Administrator and Bob

boblink, Dec 26, 2015
Thema:

1. W10 Administrator Control issue - Similar Threads - W10 Administrator Control

2. W10 administrator account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    W10 administrator account: I have 2 admin accounts. How can I prevent one of the admin account have access on my files. I want to keep files for myself and the browsers open. How can I do that?...
  3. W10 administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 administrator account: I have 2 admin accounts. How can I prevent one of the admin account have access on my files. I want to keep files for myself and the browsers open. How can I do that?...
  4. W10 administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Administrator control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator control: How can I get full control of my computer under Windows 10? Even though I select "run as administrator", I get the message that I don't have appropriate permissions to access the item. I want to change to the Administrator account but do not know how....
  6. Administrator control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator control: How can I get full control of my computer under Windows 10? Even though I select "run as administrator", I get the message that I don't have appropriate permissions to access the item. I want to change to the Administrator account but do not know how....
  7. W10 administrator issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    W10 administrator issues: Since I use W10 I face on a regular base problems with administrator rights like I cannot remember from W7 nor all earlier versions. Frequently I see that I have no right to open a folder or file in the other OS-systems. Often just admitting to the question yes or no to open...
  8. Administrative Control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrative Control: I mistakenly put administrative control on adobe reader dc. Is there a way to remove administrative control from a program? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrative-control/48282b5c-93ac-425e-9c31-66a8546729a4
  9. administrator control

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator control: can not access administrator control. update gave me a new desk top. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-control/cf6943b1-6943-41be-93e6-a70cfcff4ff9
  10. Administrative Control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrative Control: I have a new PC running Windows 10 Home. I am the only Administrator for this PC. I am receiving some "need administrator permission" windows when I am trying to delete a folder or files, etc. I thought as with my old operating Windows 7, a window appeared always and only...