Windows 10: W10 Anniversary Multi-Monitor Wallpaper Issues

Discus and support W10 Anniversary Multi-Monitor Wallpaper Issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've lost the ability to specifically assign wallpapers throughout my three monitors after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. When rt clicking, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by djjamminjerry, Aug 6, 2016.

1. W10 Anniversary Multi-Monitor Wallpaper Issues

I've lost the ability to specifically assign wallpapers throughout my three monitors after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. When rt clicking, the options for specific monitor assignments show up in triplicate.

W10 Anniversary Multi-Monitor Wallpaper Issues [​IMG]

The menu in the past would include "...Set for monitor 1, Set for monitor 2, Set for monitor 3" rather than all threes.
    This removes the ability for my computer to show different wallpapers and is currently only able to show the same wallpapers in triplicate all screens.

I've tried reinstalling my video drivers and disconnecting/reconnecting my monitors with and without shutting down to no solution. This is an issue I've had repeatedly in the past and one most likely related to how Windows recognizes my monitors.

How do I get the three specific monitor selections back?

:)

djjamminjerry, Aug 6, 2016
  2. AndyWrase Win User

Windows 10 Accent color keeps resetting to orange

Yes unfortunately I had to uninstall DisplayFusion, I just needed it for multi-monitor wallpaper so I downloaded MultiWall and used windows 10 for the taskbar over all 3 screens.

AndyWrase, Aug 6, 2016
  3. Minh Ho Win User
    Multi-Monitor Wallpaper in Windows 10?

I just notice this also. I think they may have forgot this in the new Settings app. Hopefully, they will add it in soon.

Minh Ho, Aug 6, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

W10 Anniversary Multi-Monitor Wallpaper Issues

Hello @djjamminjerry, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

Make another selection because, according to your screenshot, it looks like you may have selected a 5760 X 1080, (triple monitor wallpaper), entry.

Edwin, Aug 6, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    It's really annoying that Microsoft continues not to provide proper multi-monitor support. I would love to see proper taskbar implementation across all monitors and support for span or individual backgrounds. They seem to be going backwards at the moment.

In the meantime you might want to consider DisplayFusion. It is a multi-monitor program which provides full support for more than one monitor.

It's not free but I've been using it for years and thoroughly recommend it.

swarfega, Aug 6, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Hang on......

Restart Explorer, open those settings again and change the Picture Position drop down in bottom right to Span then try your selection again.

Edwin, Aug 6, 2016
  7. Mystere Win User
    How are you even getting that screen? The Desktop Background control panel item doesn't exist in the anniversary edition. If you click on Desktop Background it takes you to the Settings app.

Mystere, Aug 6, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

@Brinks context menu addition:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

W10 Anniversary Multi-Monitor Wallpaper Issues [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 6, 2016
  9. Mystere Win User
    Ahh.. Well, you can't really expect that to be supported. Any classic behavior you currently continue to get is a bonus that can go away at any time.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 Anniversary Multi-Monitor Wallpaper Issues - Similar Threads - W10 Anniversary Multi

2. Multi-Monitors, wallpapers reset after monitors sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi-Monitors, wallpapers reset after monitors sleep: Title says it all. I just recently picked up three matching monitors Acer XF234Y, all connected via DisplayPort to an RTX 3070.Previously I had three different model monitors, two connected via DP and one via HDMI and I never had an issue with this. All of the hardware...
  3. Multi-Monitors, wallpapers reset after monitors sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi-Monitors, wallpapers reset after monitors sleep: Title says it all. I just recently picked up three matching monitors Acer XF234Y, all connected via DisplayPort to an RTX 3070.Previously I had three different model monitors, two connected via DP and one via HDMI and I never had an issue with this. All of the hardware...
  4. Multi Monitor Wallpaper Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi Monitor Wallpaper Problem: so i try to right click to set a certain image to a certain monitor but on shows monitor 2 . if i change a setting in windows for display then it will show option for monitor one and monitor 2...
  5. Multi Monitor Wallpaper Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi Monitor Wallpaper Problem: so i try to right click to set a certain image to a certain monitor but on shows monitor 2 . if i change a setting in windows for display then it will show option for monitor one and monitor 2...
  6. Multi Monitor Wallpaper Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Multi-Monitor Wallpaper Malfunctions on Boot

Multi-Monitor Wallpaper Malfunctions on Boot: I have recently upgraded my CPU, Motherboard and boot device.For the past few weeks I've been having an issue with my wallpaper.What I want is an image to span across both my monitors, but every time I boot into my machine it repeats what is shown on the main monitor instead...
  8. Multi Monitor Custom Wallpaper Randomly Disappears

Multi Monitor Custom Wallpaper Randomly Disappears: Been having this issue for a couple of weeks now, where out of nowhere, one of my four monitor's background custom image will "disappear", and the monitor will be black. If I hit refresh, the image sometimes comes back, but one or more of the other monitors' backgrounds will...
  9. Multi-Monitor Wallpaper control

Multi-Monitor Wallpaper control: I currently have a triple monitor set up, with two vertical monitors and a horizontal monitor, I want to be able to use slideshow wallpapers for these monitors and use two different folders for the different orientations of monitor. I.E. a slideshow for the horizontal...
  10. Multi monitor wallpaper problem...

Multi monitor wallpaper problem...: How do I stop my wallpapers from moving about when I turn off one of my three monitors? This is very annoying. I have 3 monitors... two for working (on my desk - DVI and VGA) and one for teaching (HDMI about 10 yards away). Each has it's own wallpaper. When I'm...