Windows 10: W10 applications

Discus and support W10 applications in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I got a rather annoying problem with my mom's computer. She's got an MSI gaming laptop she bought a year or so back ( I will look up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Flytende, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Flytende Win User

W10 applications

Hi everyone!

I got a rather annoying problem with my mom's computer. She's got an MSI gaming laptop she bought a year or so back ( I will look up wich one if it helps), and after she upgraded from W 8.1 to W10 it started to behave weird.

When opening apps (not all of them), but some of'em, mostly just windows own apps, like email, pictures etc., windows closes them immediately without even opening them at all. And from time to time it refuses to charge the battery, and I know there's no problem with the charger, considering it's been stationary most of the time.

I suggested to reroll back to W8, but she did use the same function on and older Samsung laptop, and the experience wasn't that great for her. Not sure what she did, but this was probably when she had W7. So she really doesen't want to roll back to an earlier windows using the system-turn-back-thingie (can't remember the translation)! *chuckle

So anyone had any similar experiences? Anymore info you need? Or just hope that Windows is aware of this problem and hoping for a fix soon?

:)

Flytende, Apr 8, 2016

2. After a rollback to the next upgrade from Windows 10 program "Photos" is not started

It is updated W10, and after its installation, many applications no longer work. I used a restore point before the arrival of the update and rolled W10 system. Everything since then is operating normally, except for the application Photos.

IgorOdintsov, Apr 8, 2016
  3. How verify my w10 version?

Hello All:

People said that w10 has new version 1703. How can I verify and upgrade my

w10 version? Besides, is the new version applicable to both w10 Home and

w10 Pro?

Thanks! -- Zhao

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

HonglinZhao, Apr 8, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member
  5. CountMike New Member
    Did you check for updates of the APPs in question ? Some of them don't work well when changed to W10 and need to be updated.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

W10 applications

1. W10 applications - Similar Threads - W10 applications

2. Cross on the application W10 dialogue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cross on the application W10 dialogue: ***moved on english forum*** Hello everyone, My laptop meet a strange issue, indeed a cross appears onthe dialogues windows with W10 applications. I tried to formate my PC but nothing. Can you help me to solve my problem? You will find on below few pictures which...
  3. Applications can't make downloads since fresh W10 install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Applications can't make downloads since fresh W10 install: Hello, I've recently made a fresh windows install, and since then I've been having issues with downloads. I can't donwload anything with either Firefox and Edge, Chrome can make downloads but they randomly stop and I have to manually resume them. Most applications can't...
  4. Applications can't make download since fresh W10 install

Applications can't make download since fresh W10 install: Hello, I've recently made a fresh windows install, and since then I've been having issues with downloads. I can't donwload anything with either Firefox and Edge, Chrome can make downloads but they randomly stop and I have to manually resume them. Most applications can't...
  5. W10 2004: "App volume" does not remember input/output settings for applications.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 2004: "App volume" does not remember input/output settings for applications.: When setting an application's output to something other than default in the "App Volume" settings app, upon launching that application again, it is back to outputting audio to the default device, Even though the selection in App Volume was saved, it is still outputting to the...
  6. Invisible and not working w10 applications

Invisible and not working w10 applications: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I tried opening Sea of Thieves this morning only to have my pc softlocked could only close certain programs so i restarted my pc by pressing the power button after that any app downloaded from Ms store would not launch and displaying a white progress like bar...
  7. how to cascade windows for ONE application WITHOUT having to minimize everything else in W10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to cascade windows for ONE application WITHOUT having to minimize everything else in W10: how can I cascade windows for ONE application WITHOUT having to minimize everything else? PLEASE! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-cascade-windows-for-one-application-without/17035dbe-d84f-4466-9ef3-2bcff57e247f
  8. I just upgraded to W10 1903. Since then Windows Text Input Application and the Settings...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I just upgraded to W10 1903. Since then Windows Text Input Application and the Settings...: Since I upgraded, in the process of normal operation under some unknown circumstances, the Microsoft Text Input Application and the main Settings window spontaneously open. The text input app shows up in Task Manager, but I see no way to access from the UI. I have no idea...
  9. How can I change the icon for an application in W10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change the icon for an application in W10?: Let's start fresh. I now have a text editor I like but I can't seem to change it's icon. I try multiple searches in this forum using terms like change, application, icon and get zero results. Even though I can find a thread about doing so for an appl pinned to the taskbar....
  10. W10 Notepad Application Usage !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Notepad Application Usage !: All this years I have been using the simple Notepad for basic word processing, but now Microsoft in their wisdom decided they know better and changed it on W10 Notepad completely crashes and disappears from the desk top; if I selected a page setup to be a Landscape. Why...