Windows 10: W10 Apps not loading when offline

Discus and support W10 Apps not loading when offline in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I upgraded to W10 (pro x64) a couple of months ago and all has been working well until the other day when the pre-installed apps (weather, groove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mbnicol, Sep 29, 2015.

1. mbnicol Win User

W10 Apps not loading when offline

Hi,
    I upgraded to W10 (pro x64) a couple of months ago and all has been working well until the other day when the pre-installed apps (weather, groove music, calculator, calendar etc . . . all of them) stopped loading if my laptop is offline. Once I'm online they load and work just fine.
    They worked offline or online up to a week ago; but now when offline they will just flash up their start window for a split second and close again.
    I've tried a few online suggestions for fixing windows apps. . . . . Command line uninstall of the app and reinstall via Microsoft store. Command line system file fixes. Uninstalling the last windows update. Updating apps through the MS Store. But so far nothing works.
    As I travel a lot for work I'm not always online; and don't want to be just to play a song or use the calculator.
    I've googled through a lot of sites talking about problems with W10 & 8 apps not loading, there seems to be a whole range of similar issues. But so far I can't find any which specifically mention not loading when the pc is offline.
    This also holds true for the one third party app which I have installed via the MS Store.

Any advice much appreciated,
    Cheers
    Matthew

:)

mbnicol, Sep 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 Mail App and Calendar, can it be used offline?

Hi

How do I set up W10 Mail App and Calendar for offline use?

Thanks

Daniel

Daniel-Sydney, Sep 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Sync Center - Cannot Set Up Folder for Always Available Offline

I have one W10 Pro laptop that refuses to make folders available for offline use. Windows 2008R2 server, using folder redirection for Desktop and Documents.

1. Sync Center opens fine

2. Manage Offline Files Enabled

3. In 'Set up new sync partnerships', folders listed: Folders(1)

Offline Files

Network files available offline

Folders

4. When I click on Set up, I get the dialog instructing me to right-click folder and select - Always Available Offline

5. In 'View Sync partnerships', I see - You have no sync partnerships set up on this computer. Click ...

6. In file explorer, when I right-click one of the two redirected folders and select - Always available offline, nothing happens; there are no changes. On all of my W10 computers that work, right clicking the folder shows - Always available offline greyed
    out with a check next to it.

No users on the offending machine can select any folders for offline use, including administrators. All of these same users have fully functional offline folders on another W10 machine.

What would prevent selection of folders when everything up to that point seems to work?

Ever'man IT, Sep 29, 2015
Thema:

W10 Apps not loading when offline

1. W10 Apps not loading when offline - Similar Threads - W10 Apps loading

2. W10 taskbar constantly loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 taskbar constantly loading: Hello,I have issues with my windows 10 device. When I open my PC the taskbar constantly loads only. All the icons and folder also disappears. When I try to hover on the taskbar it will only loads. I need to restart my device to stop it from loading. I have the updated drivers...
  3. W10 taskbar constantly loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 taskbar constantly loading: Hello,I have issues with my windows 10 device. When I open my PC the taskbar constantly loads only. All the icons and folder also disappears. When I try to hover on the taskbar it will only loads. I need to restart my device to stop it from loading. I have the updated drivers...
  4. W10 taskbar constantly loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blue screen when loading apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screen when loading apps: So I realized this morning that in-game overlay from Nvidia wasn't working even tho I had newest drivers so I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it worked. Now when I start random programs my PC always blue screens with the error "system thread expecting not handled" ....
  6. Offline files + shares on W10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Offline files + shares on W10: Any idea where the problem is with shares on W10 and Offline files ?? I have 2 W10 (1909) computers. First is in workgroup and second is in domain. I share folders on workgroup comp. From domain computer I can access those shares without problems, just I put login and...
  7. W10 Offline files + File sharing problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 Offline files + File sharing problem: Can anyone help with this ?: I have one W10 Pro (1909) in workgroup with shares on it as home computer and the second W10 Pro (1909) I have in company domain. When I want to connect from my company W10 to shares on my home W10 computer it works fine. I just put home comp...
  8. Photos App Offline?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App Offline?: Using photos to make a video for class, was wondering if I could do the export process offline and how long it takes? The video is made up of 1 photo and 5 small (15 second) videos. I clicked export in the smallest capacity and it's been about 5 minutes and it hasn't even...
  9. Power on twice to load W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power on twice to load W10: I visit my son in the USA once in a while and about two years ago I upgraded his perfectly working W7 X64, 8Gb Desktop PC to W10. Despite all my efforts I could not get W10 to load unless I a) powered on and partway through the load it stops b) power off c) power on again and...
  10. WSUS offline now with W10 support

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WSUS offline now with W10 support: WSUS Offline is an app. to download updates from Windows Update and install them later. Very useful if you are an IT person and must update a lot of Windows installations. WSUS Offline Update - Update Microsoft Windows and Office without an Internet connection 18404