Windows 10: W10 b10041 Lock Screen Image Location

Discus and support W10 b10041 Lock Screen Image Location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does anyone know where the Lock Screen images are kept? My Lock Screen image just changed by itself. *Mad I prefer the previous image and I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lehnerus2000, Mar 27, 2015.

1. W10 b10041 Lock Screen Image Location

Does anyone know where the Lock Screen images are kept?

My Lock Screen image just changed by itself. *Mad
    I prefer the previous image and I want to restore it.

I tried searching the Windows folder for bmp, jpg and png images, but neither the old picture or the new picture appear in the File Explorer results, or in "Settings > Personalization".

My Folder Options are set like so:

W10 b10041 Lock Screen Image Location [​IMG]

Someone on another forum has experienced the same thing:
    Where to Find the Windows Wallpaper Location on Your PC

:)

lehnerus2000, Mar 27, 2015

2. Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

as Microsoft has now decided that this lock screen is supposedly essential for your safety it is no longer possible to remove or disable it. the only way currently around this is to disable login all together. mind you this now makes your computer less secure
    than all the way back to windows XP which defeats the whole idea of logging on in the first place but as this is now our only option the steps are -

• Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run window.
    • Type netplwiz.

• Click OK.

• Click your account within the Users for this computer field.

• Click the checkbox beside Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. so that the check disappears.

• Click Apply.

• Type your password into both password fields.

• Click OK.

• Click OK.

Close any programs you have open and restart your computer. Voila! No more lock screen.

AnthonyGillXX, Mar 27, 2015
  3. Samurai2k Win User
    WINDOWS 10 LOCK SCREEN IMAGE from the internet option.

What is the file location of the Windows 10 lock screen image. The images that are delivered via the internet, which we can click like for on the lock screen.

Also when I see a lock screen image that I like. How do I make that LOCK SCREEN IMAGE my computer wallpaper / background image ?

Samurai2k, Mar 27, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

W10 b10041 Lock Screen Image Location

The location has been depreciated in Build 10041; if you're still on Build 9926 you may find them at:

C:\Users\{your moniker}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ContentDeliveryManager_xxxxxx....\LocalState\Assets

Edwin, Mar 27, 2015
  5. Surely the images are stored in the OS or are you suggesting that the Lock Screen images are downloaded from the "Cloud" every time I start up W10? *Eek

I was after the image that first started appearing after I installed b10041 (some sort of orange autumn picture).

6. Edwin New Member
    They used to be on the system in Build 9926.
    Are you talking about this one:

Edwin, Mar 27, 2015
  7. It could be.
    I'm not sure as Lock Screen seemed to be more "orangey" in my VM (I don't think there was a tree in the middle of the screen).

I might have to build another VM and see what picture is applied if the Network is not connected. *Sad

8. Edwin New Member

Edwin, Mar 27, 2015
  9. Thanks for that link. *Smile

I received a notification about successful updates.
    Maybe the update deleted the file, although that doesn't explain why I can't locate the new image. *Confused

Paul Thurrott suggested some other locations in that article.
    I'll jump back onto LM and run my W10 VM again.

10. Edwin New Member
    In Build 9926, there was the aforementioned 'Microsoft.ContentDeliveryManager' folder but it seems to be missing in Build 10041.
    There is, however, signs that point toward either, up and coming, platform specific or hidden system apps that may carry this content:

Edwin, Mar 27, 2015
  11. I'm able to find the lock screen images and ? enable them but the lock screen will only appear after a shut down and it's the Windows default. Any ideas on how I can restore my lock screen and the images I selected?

Bettyboophume, Mar 27, 2015
  12. Edwin New Member
    Settings►Personalization:

Edwin, Mar 28, 2015
  13. W10 b10041 Lock Screen Image Location

I'm starting to think that the images are actually hidden in a dll file (or similar).

With Brink's assistance (SevenForums - start at post #97) I've been able to open up the wim files for the various previews and I still can't find the new image or the previous one.

lehnerus2000, Mar 28, 2015
  14. davehc Win User
    I found them here, but I don't know how easy it is to "play" with them!!

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\S-1-5-21-2263005882-3469628538-3015755060-1001\ReadOnly\LockScreen_O

davehc, Mar 29, 2015
  15. adamf Win User
    Do you have more than one image?

I only have the one there (in different sizes) and one in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\S-1-5-18\ReadOnly\LockScreen_Z

Seems the current ones go there...

adamf, Mar 29, 2015
Thema:

1. W10 b10041 Lock Screen Image Location - Similar Threads - W10 b10041 Lock

2. Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images: When I set up my computer a few years ago I set up the lock screen slideshow with my personal images. The two folders I must have chosen at the time are listed in the settings; they are both called Images, but the settings window is not letting me open them from within the...
  3. Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images: When I set up my computer a few years ago I set up the lock screen slideshow with my personal images. The two folders I must have chosen at the time are listed in the settings; they are both called Images, but the settings window is not letting me open them from within the...
  4. Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lock screen image location

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen image location: I recently updated Windows - now on build19042.746 i would like to find out the file location of the current lock screen image. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-image-location/6baa1d7d-2fad-49a8-b92d-949d2e3c556d
  6. Windows 10 Lock Screen Images Are NOT Located At The Normal Location

Windows 10 Lock Screen Images Are NOT Located At The Normal Location: I have been trying to find the location of lock screen images for a while not but no luck. It is supposed to be at: "%USERPROFILE%/AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets"NOT The only items there are mostly icons...
  7. Cannot locate custom Lock Screen images in W10 Pro 1809

Cannot locate custom Lock Screen images in W10 Pro 1809: Hi all - I set custom Lock Screen images for two accounts on a single system, but cannot locate the actual path so I can make a backup of it. Obviously, it is stored somewhere, but I would rather find a solution here than just digging around. These are not Spotlight images....
  8. Cannot locate custom Lock Screen images in W10 Pro 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot locate custom Lock Screen images in W10 Pro 1809: Hi all - I set custom Lock Screen images for two accounts on a single system, but cannot locate the actual path so I can make a backup of it. Obviously, it is stored somewhere, but I would rather find a solution here than just digging around. Any help appreciated. Thanks....
  9. Lock Screen Image Location – On the PC

Lock Screen Image Location – On the PC: Hello, After installing Windows 10 Pro (OEM) on a new PC build last June I selected one of my own photos to edit and use as my Lock Screen. It looks great, but I would like to edit it further. I can’t find it! HELP!!! I can see it in Settings > Personalize > Lock...
  10. Windows spotlight lock screen image location

Windows spotlight lock screen image location: Windows spotlight under the lock screen settings set a picture for me that I'd like to make permanent. Unfortunately it will change when the new windows spotlight picture is sent out. Does anybody know the save location of this image file so I can set it as my permanent lock...