Windows 10: W10 Compaq CQ58 suddenly does not want to boot.

Discus and support W10 Compaq CQ58 suddenly does not want to boot. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well, I've got my father's Compaq CQ58 running on Windows 10 with me now since out of the blue it just does not want to boot at all. No matter how much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MartyTheGamer, Jul 25, 2016.

1. W10 Compaq CQ58 suddenly does not want to boot.

Well, I've got my father's Compaq CQ58 running on Windows 10 with me now since out of the blue it just does not want to boot at all. No matter how much I press the turn on button, absolutely nothing happens. It is connected to a working plug, and even then although it has a battery it doesn't start up. There have been no thunderstorms or something of the like to fry it so I am absolutely befuddled to what is happening. It supposedly worked earlier today.

:)

MartyTheGamer, Jul 25, 2016

2. No sound Compaq CQ58

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 25, 2016
  3. TinaBang Win User
    No sound Compaq CQ58

I have no sound on my Compaq CQ58 laptop after upgrading to Windows 10. I often experienced it earlier on Windows 8 but I could get it back by deleting an update.

I can't seem to find the solution after upgrading, please enlighten me with all your knowledge because this is driving me insane.

TinaBang, Jul 25, 2016
  4. W10 Compaq CQ58 suddenly does not want to boot.

Aaand out of nothing it's working again, started on battery too. I don't know what was the issue...

MartyTheGamer, Jul 25, 2016
Thema:

W10 Compaq CQ58 suddenly does not want to boot.

1. W10 Compaq CQ58 suddenly does not want to boot. - Similar Threads - W10 Compaq CQ58

2. Computer does not want to charge

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer does not want to charge: How do I charge my computer? It is plugged in, but it does not charge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-does-not-want-to-charge/4af02ae4-bb8a-45a3-abd3-ab83f956e35d
  3. HP Compaq CQ58 Notebook keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Compaq CQ58 Notebook keyboard keys: Hi HP Compaq CQ58 Notebook keyboard keys are sowing wrong information. eg. Shift + " enters @symbol. Shift + @ enters " symbol. Backslash key enters #symbol. Any help to fix would be appreciated. Walle....
  4. After Windows 10 Defender Scan, Laptop does not want to boot up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Windows 10 Defender Scan, Laptop does not want to boot up.: Hello, Dell i7577 Specs: [Intel i7] [GTX 1060ti] [16 GB RAM] I have this laptop for the past 5 months. I ran Windows 10 Defender Offline Scan and the step required me to restart my laptop. After the laptop was shutting down for restart, I am unable to boot up again...
  5. Dual-Boot How-To Wanted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual-Boot How-To Wanted: I'll preface this by saying I am no fan of dual-booting and a huge fan of virtualization. That being said, I was tasked with setting up a Dell tower as a Windows 10 / Linux dual boot. I haven't set up a dual-boot system in 15 years or so, and the steps have left my brain....
  6. W10 suddenly switched back to metro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 suddenly switched back to metro: So I installed a program called classic shell because I couldn't stand the new metro. I originally started using this program with W8. I haven't had any issues until now. All of a sudden, after logging it, it switched back to metro. I can't get rid of it. My classic shell...
  7. Nas200 suddenly wants network credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nas200 suddenly wants network credentials: Hi All, I have a Nas200 Drive that's been working well for a while,. then all of a sudden I now have to (try to) log in using network credentials. The only thing is that it wont let me log in at all. I've used my adminstrator user & password, and my user ones too.. and...
  8. Ethernet does not want to connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet does not want to connect: I have just started up my new PC that I just bought and now I need help with a problem. My network notification says that I have Ethernet connection but no internet connection. The cable was okay and plugged in properly. I checked network and sharing center, diagnosed and...
  9. Does it make sense to Dual-Boot W10 - Performance, tweaked / Comfort?

Does it make sense to Dual-Boot W10 - Performance, tweaked / Comfort?: Hi, I have a Lenovo Yoga 500 laptop. Core i7 6500, 8GB RAM. I'm a computer science student, so every bit of performance I can get is welcome. I'm thinking of creating a dual boot system of two Windows 10 installations, where one is tweaked towards the performance...
  10. W10 won't boot

W10 won't boot: I'm dead in the water without a paddle ! Upgraded my Toshiba laptop from Windows 7 to W10. Worked fine for 4 days. I downloaded and installed windows 10 firewall control app. It said it needed to close all apps including Windows Explorer. So I let it. It did its thing but...