Windows 10: W10 Compaq CQ58 suddenly does not want to boot.

Discus and support W10 Compaq CQ58 suddenly does not want to boot. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well, I've got my father's Compaq CQ58 running on Windows 10 with me now since out of the blue it just does not want to boot at all. No matter how much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MartyTheGamer, Jul 25, 2016.

1. W10 Compaq CQ58 suddenly does not want to boot.

Well, I've got my father's Compaq CQ58 running on Windows 10 with me now since out of the blue it just does not want to boot at all. No matter how much I press the turn on button, absolutely nothing happens. It is connected to a working plug, and even then although it has a battery it doesn't start up. There have been no thunderstorms or something of the like to fry it so I am absolutely befuddled to what is happening. It supposedly worked earlier today.

:)

MartyTheGamer, Jul 25, 2016

2. No sound Compaq CQ58

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 25, 2016
  3. TinaBang Win User
    No sound Compaq CQ58

I have no sound on my Compaq CQ58 laptop after upgrading to Windows 10. I often experienced it earlier on Windows 8 but I could get it back by deleting an update.

I can't seem to find the solution after upgrading, please enlighten me with all your knowledge because this is driving me insane.

TinaBang, Jul 25, 2016
  4. W10 Compaq CQ58 suddenly does not want to boot.

Aaand out of nothing it's working again, started on battery too. I don't know what was the issue...

MartyTheGamer, Jul 25, 2016
Thema:

W10 Compaq CQ58 suddenly does not want to boot.

1. W10 Compaq CQ58 suddenly does not want to boot. - Similar Threads - W10 Compaq CQ58

2. W10 does not load after cloning a double boot system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 does not load after cloning a double boot system: I had a PC with W10 and W8 andafter I cloned the SSDI have the OS choosing screen with both of themW8 works but W10 shows only black screen with mouse cursorno login screen, no reaction to Ctrl-Alt-Del In W8 I see that the system disk is C: but it is last one, goes after the...
  3. W10 does not load after cloning a double boot system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 does not load after cloning a double boot system: I had a PC with W10 and W8 andafter I cloned the SSDI have the OS choosing screen with both of themW8 works but W10 shows only black screen with mouse cursorno login screen, no reaction to Ctrl-Alt-Del In W8 I see that the system disk is C: but it is last one, goes after the...
  4. W10 does not load after cloning a double boot system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. w10 boot problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    w10 boot problem: when i select my usb on boot screen and i enter there is a black screen opening and it says a disk error occurredi am used rufus and i dont know the problem pls help my laptop camed pre installed w10when i select uefi in bios in boot screen there is only harddisk option when...
  6. w10 boot problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    w10 boot problem: when i select my usb on boot screen and i enter there is a black screen opening and it says a disk error occurredi am used rufus and i dont know the problem pls help my laptop camed pre installed w10when i select uefi in bios in boot screen there is only harddisk option when...
  7. can not boot to W10

in Windows 10 Support
    can not boot to W10: I booted my laptop and there was no WIFI connection. I did some troubleshooting with connection and nothing. Then I rebooted the laptop and no matter if I turn it on or reboot I get screen with message preparing automatic repair,and Automatic Repair Welcome Screen. How do I...
  8. Surface Laptop does not want to Boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop does not want to Boot up: Good day! My Surface laptop does not want to boot up. It was working fine and then it started behaving strange. I restarted the laptop and from then on it did not want to boot up. I made a recovery usb boot disk according to the method you subscribe. I went through all the...
  9. HP Compaq CQ58 Notebook keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Compaq CQ58 Notebook keyboard keys: Hi HP Compaq CQ58 Notebook keyboard keys are sowing wrong information. eg. Shift + " enters @symbol. Shift + @ enters " symbol. Backslash key enters #symbol. Any help to fix would be appreciated. Walle....
  10. W10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 won't boot: I'm dead in the water without a paddle ! Upgraded my Toshiba laptop from Windows 7 to W10. Worked fine for 4 days. I downloaded and installed windows 10 firewall control app. It said it needed to close all apps including Windows Explorer. So I let it. It did its thing but...