Windows 10: W10 connections FROM and TO Ms accounts (Mix of LOCAL and MS accounts)

Discus and support W10 connections FROM and TO Ms accounts (Mix of LOCAL and MS accounts) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there Using SIMPLE / standard File sharing connections and all computers in the LAN on the same network name e.g WORKGROUP. confusion seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Aug 25, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

W10 connections FROM and TO Ms accounts (Mix of LOCAL and MS accounts)

Hi there

Using SIMPLE / standard File sharing connections and all computers in the LAN on the same network name e.g WORKGROUP.

confusion seems rife over what user names to use when connecting to SHARES TO or FROM a machine logged on with an MS account from a machine logged on using a LOCAL account.

Assume Ms account machine is GREYFOX, Local account machine is BLACKDOG

Easy way

1) Logged on with LOCAL account - connect to shares on Ms account machine

Very important -- look in the USERS directory on the Ms account machine on the "C" drive -- say it's FRED. This could be different to the Login name you see on the login screen (the bit before the @ in the email address shown on the login screen)

so to login to the Ms account shares

Username : Fred
    Password : Your password for your Ms account

2) Logged on with MS account connect to shares on Local machine

Username : BLACKDOG\FRED
    Password : Fred's password on the local machine

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 25, 2015

2. Accounts: I seem to have multiple MS accounts and this maybe the underlying issue with problems on my system. Cannot delete any of the accounts or resolve this issue

Hi Kevin,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

1. Did the issue started recently?

2. Did you create the accounts that you are referring to?

3. What happens when you try to delete the accounts?

4. Do you have access to the accounts?

Do get back to us with more details about the issue for further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 25, 2015
  3. Accounts: I seem to have multiple MS accounts and this maybe the underlying issue with problems on my system. Cannot delete any of the accounts or resolve this issue

I seem to have multiple MS accounts and this maybe the underlying issue with problems on my system. Cannot delete any of the accounts or resolve this issue

Kevin J McRoberts, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

W10 connections FROM and TO Ms accounts (Mix of LOCAL and MS accounts)

1. W10 connections FROM and TO Ms accounts (Mix of LOCAL and MS accounts) - Similar Threads - W10 connections accounts

2. MS Calendar on W10 with a local account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Calendar on W10 with a local account.: I use MS Calendar on W10 with a local account. Today I went to review a time line and found my entries only go back about 6 months.I get the included popup. How can I retrieve my ‘history’ ?? This is not syncing with anything. It is labeled "Microsoft Account Calendar"Where...
  3. MS Calendar on W10 with a local account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Calendar on W10 with a local account.: I use MS Calendar on W10 with a local account. Today I went to review a time line and found my entries only go back about 6 months.I get the included popup. How can I retrieve my ‘history’ ?? This is not syncing with anything. It is labeled "Microsoft Account Calendar"Where...
  4. MS Calendar on W10 with a local account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trying to switch from MS account to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trying to switch from MS account to local account: On my Win10 (20H2) laptop, I went to Settings, Account, Your Info. My info shows my Gmail email account name and below that it says, "Switch to a local account" (this is what I want to do) So far so good. When I click to switch to local account, my Gmail account login shows...
  6. Switching From MS Account To Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switching From MS Account To Local Account: In Settings, I'm trying to switch from a MS Account to a Local Account. I'm asked for my name. When I give it I'm told that name is already in use. Of course it is; that's the account I want to use. Can I get past this somehow, and if I do. does that delete my MS Account?...
  7. Can't switch from local to MS account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't switch from local to MS account: I am trying to switch from my local account back to my Microsoft account. Yes, back to it; it worked fine before I used the local account to troubleshoot some setting issues. I filled in my password and it said it's wrong. I verified by logging in to my MS account online...
  8. Connection to MS account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connection to MS account: Good morning, the connection with my Microsoft account is no longer made: the error in Microsoft Store, office 2016 and in windows 10 is the same: too many tries with this product. Please note that I have no issues on the websites : i'm connected here with the account I...
  9. Connect my MS account or use Local account..?

Connect my MS account or use Local account..?: Another compelling reason to use an MS account is that your digital licence gets linked to your hardware id, making it easier to reactivate in even pc fails to activate due to a hardware change/issue.
  10. Using Local and MS accounts

Using Local and MS accounts: I have a computer using a local account. I use the Microsoft account separately to login to apps etc. When using another app I want to login with, I would get the account popup and can select my MS acct. How can I prevent that from accidentally being used in another app, I...