Windows 10: W10 Creator Edition (Version 1703) Control Panel finally GONE

Discus and support W10 Creator Edition (Version 1703) Control Panel finally GONE in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks Not sure if it's just on my system (1703 Creators edition - X-64) the control panel has finally been retired off the menu -- some of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Apr 5, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

W10 Creator Edition (Version 1703) Control Panel finally GONE

Hi folks

Not sure if it's just on my system (1703 Creators edition - X-64) the control panel has finally been retired off the menu -- some of the more obscure items such as system, Disk management, Device manager, computer management and power shell (both admin and non admin) are now on main menu (right mouse click on the Windows symbol on the task bar).

Fine by me -- also smoothest and easiest update I've ever done --switch off most of the privacy settings and simply skip sign in with Ms account to carry on with a local account.

I've turned off the voice settings on Cortana etc -- what is it these days that everybody seems to want to shout at devices -- there's enough noise around already or is it that people have so little REAL contact with people now that the only way they use their vocal cord is to yell at some in animate objects.

Otherwise good update Ms --Easiest one ever --running on a VM via UPGRADE ASSISTANT from W10. Will also see if it's possible to do a brand new CLEAN install if I can get hold of an iso or equivalent.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Can't open control panel's personalisation

Those videos must pre-date the Creators Update, those Control Panel extension were removed in that update . . .

A lot of users are still running 1607 (Anniversary Edition) and will still have access through the Control Panel

Click your Start Button, type winver, and hit enter. If you are on version 1703 you will not have access to Personalisation in the Control Panel

DaveM121, Apr 5, 2017
  3. windows 10 control panel

In Windows 10 Creators Update (Version 1703) the Control Panel link has been removed from the Start Menu (right-click or Win+X shortcut). To find Control Panel in Creators Update go to the search box
    on the taskbar, type control panel, and then select
    Control Panel.

Paul Aaron, Apr 5, 2017
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Good to hear. Having both ancient Control Panel and Settings was misleading to say the least.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 5, 2017
  5. StanP50 Win User
    Have been running CU 1703-1503.14 and Control Panel is still on the system under Windows System folder. Still there and accessible. A few of the original icons and access points have been depreciated, but it's still viable, at least on my systems (6), laptops, tablets and desktops.

StanP50, Apr 5, 2017
  6. Well, lol, guess I'm old school in that I like having Control Panel around. Just pinned the icon for it (and This PC too) to the tile section of the Start Menu and I'm a happy Camper. I agree jimbo, this was a very easy upgrade.

indianacarnie, Apr 5, 2017
  7. pparks1 Win User
    @jimbo45, it's not just you. I verified on my Creators Update VM that Control Panel has indeed been removed from the Power Users menu. (Right click on start, or WinKey+X).

Happy to also see that PowerShell has been added to the Power Users menu.

pparks1, Apr 5, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

philc43, Apr 5, 2017
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Left click on the start icon, start typing Control.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2017
  10. pparks1 Win User
    Yeah, but considering you can do all of the command prompt type things in PowerShell, I don't really see a great reason for sticking with the Command Prompt.

Once you get used to using PowerShell, you will start using it all of the time. For example, somebody said "boy there are a lot of svchost processes running under Creators Update". Rather than going to Task Manager and counting them by hand, I went to PowerShell and typed; (get-process |where-object {$_.ProcessName -Match "svchost"}).Count
    Found out that I had 68 of them

pparks1, Apr 5, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    Still pops up where needed though, try Settings>Power & sleep>Additional power settings.

*Ditto

We all can now, the MCT was updated to 15063 at the same time as the Upgrade Assistant.

12. Bastet Win User
    Still have Control Panel too. I found Personalisation missing though,

Bastet, Apr 6, 2017
  13. Hazel123 Win User

I just did a clean install of W10 with latest ISO on 64 bit and also noticed Control Panel wasn't on the right click/start menu, but found it via search and pinned it to start.

But - does this mean I now have the Creator Edition installed ?!!!! I don't know if I want that - is there an option? I just burned Windows 10 ISO 64 bit - no mention of creator edition.

Hazel123, Apr 6, 2017
  14. clam1952 Win User
    Still available to add as a desktop icon as well, then just pin it to start or taskbar or wherever.

clam1952, Apr 6, 2017
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

1. W10 Creator Edition (Version 1703) Control Panel finally GONE - Similar Threads - W10 Creator Edition

2. run,control panel and other items gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    run,control panel and other items gone: So I was trying to sort out my works synced SharePoint folders and stupidly deleted a chunk of my user folder and as a result my windows is now missing basic features like control panel , run and a few others , I can access them if I dig around but there is nothing in start...
  3. W10 Control Panel - display

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Control Panel - display: When I display Programs and Features in the Control Panel app and click on the drop down menu to display details, the display has the headings Name, Date, Type, Size and Tags. But only the Name and Size columns are populated with any information. The Date, Type and Tags...
  4. 1703 Handwriting panel

1703 Handwriting panel: Just wanted to know if I can get the Windows 10 1709 handwriting panel on Windows 1703 as I am using a Thinkpad 2 running the atom processor which has been ditched by Microsoft? I cant deal with having to tap the space bar button when I reach the end of the panel. Thank you...
  5. W10 Creator pushing Mail Version 17.8104.42387.0

in Browsers and Email
    W10 Creator pushing Mail Version 17.8104.42387.0: I use Yahoo but would like to transition to W10 Mail Version 17.8104.42387.0 after updating to W10 Creator. After the W10 Creator update I did try to move Yahoo email data to Mail but ran into a roadblock which actually gave me pause to think. If I moved to Mail using...
  6. How to get to old control panel in W10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get to old control panel in W10: Now that I've got Win10,, I was looking around and clicking on stuff to see what was under the hood, I found that you can get to the Old Control Panel like in Win 7, problem is I don't remember how I got there. Can any one help me on this? I don't particularly care for the...
  7. From W10 to W10 Creator(1703) can I delete Windows old and Windows10up

From W10 to W10 Creator(1703) can I delete Windows old and Windows10up: After upgrading from w10 to w10 creator (1703) can I delete windows old and windows10upgrade folders? Of course after checking that everything works well. Thank you very much 91877
  8. Creators Update version 1703 (OS Build 15063.413)

Creators Update version 1703 (OS Build 15063.413): I updated my Desktop with the latest Creators Update (1703 (OS Build 15063.413)) on 1st July. It has worked smoothly and without a hiccup for five days. Should I consider my updated Windows 10 as stable or wait for some more time? Suggestions please. Amarnath Wanchoo 88277
  9. The old Control panel may soon be gone

in Windows 10 News
    The old Control panel may soon be gone: The existence of two applications for changing system settings, the familiar 'Control Panel' and the touch-friendly 'Settings' app, was a point of major contention in Windows 8 and drew many negative reviews, criticising Microsoft's UI design for making things unnecessarily...
  10. Windows 10 Version 1703 Creator's Update Broke My Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Version 1703 Creator's Update Broke My Computer: So yesterday, I finally bit the bullet and decided to let my PC do the Windows 10 Version 1703 Creator's Update. After about 8 hours, I finally went to bed and let it keep running. Well sometime during the night it finally finished. Logged in this morning only to see that all...