Windows 10: W10 Creator pushing Mail Version 17.8104.42387.0

Discus and support W10 Creator pushing Mail Version 17.8104.42387.0 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Yahoo but would like to transition to W10 Mail Version 17.8104.42387.0 after updating to W10 Creator. After the W10 Creator update I did try to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lpatrick, Apr 20, 2017.

1. lpatrick Win User

W10 Creator pushing Mail Version 17.8104.42387.0

I use Yahoo but would like to transition to W10 Mail Version 17.8104.42387.0 after updating to W10 Creator.
    After the W10 Creator update I did try to move Yahoo email data to Mail but ran into a roadblock which actually gave me pause to think. If I moved to Mail using Yahoo address and all else I'm concerned that I really have not actually separated myself from Yahoo. Hope this is not to confusing but am I correct? Would not I really need to make a clean start with a all new address for Mail to be a truly new email account?

Is Mail Version 17.8104.42387.0 superior to Yahoo?

Thanks

:)

lpatrick, Apr 20, 2017
  2. Simard57 Win User

Windows 10 Mail IpmSubTrees??

I followed instructions. mail app in 17.8104.42387.0

Same issue with Ipmsubtree

Simard57, Apr 20, 2017
  3. Email problem

Are you on the new creators build of W10? I'm still on the previous version, perhaps they are different.

My W10 build - Version 1607, OS build - 14393.1358

My W10 Mail app - 17.8241.40725.0

If I open Mail and click the settings cog ( in Mail itself ), 'READING' is in the Mail settings 5th one down in the list, above 'Signature' and below 'Automatic Replies'.

George222(2), Apr 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, as I understand it you are comparing
    - Yahoo accessed via a browser
    - Email accessed via an email client (Mail)

You would need to configure Mail to access your yahoo account. That is, you would need certain information to set up Mail to access Yahoo via either Pop3 (older) or IMAP protocols. Details of this can be easily obtained from service providers or are posted on line. (A quick search usually finds that).

An advantage of using Mail is that all your devices can be synced to use the same settings.

Advantages of using an email client (rather than a browser):
    - logging in is automatic = quicker
    - you can scan multiple accounts quickly-
    - you can save historic emails going back years on your PC, including those related to closed accounts
    - thus you can search 1000s of emails from multiple accounts.

I use Poppeeper (free) as a pre-scan with an anti-spam filter - that scans multiple accounts and lists new email in a few seconds.
    My main client is Thunderbird - When MS kept changing email clients, and then no client in Win 8, I left MS.

dalchina, Apr 20, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    #2 gives a good summary apart from the fact that Windows 8.1 certainly did have a Mail Client App and indeed looked very similar to the Windows 10 Mail App.
    I used it prior to the Windows 10 mail App, this being an improved version.

Whenever you use a Mail client App like that it does not stop you using the Webmail interface from a Web Browser, indeed you have to sometimes to set options in the Mail Account.

Personally I have 6 Email Accounts, 1 of those is Yahoo, and it is convenient to use an Email Client application to access all those in one go.
    Use whatever Email Client Application you like, try them out for yourself that's what I did.
    The built in Windows 10 Mail Client is good in some respects, but bad in others.
    Good points - Notifications, can be a badge on the Taskbar icon, Preview in Action centre, Live Tile preview on the Start menu, each account or lumped together, or both, your choice.
    Bad points - The App itself is Touchscreen style in looks, thus inefficient in the use of space, particularly with multiple Accounts.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 Creator pushing Mail Version 17.8104.42387.0 - Similar Threads - W10 Creator pushing

2. W10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Mail: I have an Outlook email address, but I access it through W10 Mail. I am receiving emails that purport to be from MS, but the addresses appear strange, and the syntax is poor. They advise me that all old versions of MS email are being done away with, and that I need to update...
  3. Mail W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail W10: Am unable to create FOLDERS in Mail W10. There is 'NO PLUS' sign showing. Can anyone help pls. thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-w10/73c5ffbf-08a0-4ad7-827d-3b1034597b77
  4. live mail on W10

in Browsers and Email
    live mail on W10: Hi, I have successfully installed W10 on my PC. However when I try and run Live mail, the initial small panel appears, and a reduced, almost blank Live Mail work space, but at that point, the spinning disc continues spinning and the process stays at that point. Impossible to...
  5. W10 Home Creator's Update Diary...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Home Creator's Update Diary...: Just thought I'd share my experience with the v.1703 update that I just finished. For prep. work, I did two System Image Saves (bld. 14393.953 & bld 14393.1066) and a new System Recovery Disk. I also ran CCleaner until it could not find anything to get rid of. You can open My...
  6. Notepad margins at 0 after Creators update

Notepad margins at 0 after Creators update: I noticed after the Creators update that the left and top margins in Notepad are now set to zero, as seen in the attached screenshot. There is no margin at all between the edge of the Notepad window and the text. It's not a death blow to my work flow, but it's certainly...
  7. Video Creator/Editor Software for W10?

Video Creator/Editor Software for W10?: What's a good FREE video editing software that helps me import a recording of myself, so I can add an intro, and add text during certain stages through the video etc? Thanks*Smile 27491
  8. Oct 17 Creators Fall update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Oct 17 Creators Fall update: Why is the Fall Creators update coming on Sunday instead of Tuesday? I still haven't received the April Creators update. Will Fall update skip the April update? Just curious. 93550
  9. W10 Creator Edition (Version 1703) Control Panel finally GONE

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Creator Edition (Version 1703) Control Panel finally GONE: Hi folks Not sure if it's just on my system (1703 Creators edition - X-64) the control panel has finally been retired off the menu -- some of the more obscure items such as system, Disk management, Device manager, computer management and power shell (both admin and non...
  10. W10 Creator - display issue

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Creator - display issue: I was having network issues with Creator so I rolled back. still no problems with 1607. I decided to clean install on a spare disk. All loaded except I can't seen any program windows. When I open a program it appears on the taskbar but I can't open its window. The display...