Windows 10: W10 disallows admin privileges of my login

Discus and support W10 disallows admin privileges of my login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Ever since my first attempt to convert Win7 to 10, I can't write or delete anything in My Documents, getting message must be administrator. (My... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DaveZ, Oct 31, 2016.

1. DaveZ Win User

W10 disallows admin privileges of my login

Ever since my first attempt to convert Win7 to 10, I can't write or delete anything in My Documents, getting message must be administrator. (My personal login is as administrator.) This even happened in Win 7 when I reverted back for a while. Error message asks if I want to save in My Documents instead, and then allows it (outside of my desired sub-directory). However, cannot delete files.

:)

DaveZ, Oct 31, 2016

2. Lost Administrator account

I changed my login name and now I do not see it as an option with the other user names on the login page my pc. As I was the only one with Admin privileges I no longer have any Admin access on the pc - does anyone know how to recover my user account, or
    create an Admin user account? Note - none of the other users who can login have Admin privileges W10 disallows admin privileges of my login :(

KiteflyerG, Oct 31, 2016
  3. Admin Login

How do I bypass/remove the admin login? I got this computer from my school and when I graduated, they let me keep it. However, they didn't remove the admin login and I don't have administrator privileges on my account. Is there a way to bypass/remove the
    administrator login in order to give myself administrator privileges?

Dragonfire716, Oct 31, 2016
Thema:

W10 disallows admin privileges of my login

1. W10 disallows admin privileges of my login - Similar Threads - W10 disallows admin

2. Problem in admin privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem in admin privileges: "When I want to grant my user admin privileges and I give them this command that is Replace owner on subcontainers and objects and hit apply it gives me this error :Error Applying Security An error occurred while applying security information to: C:\DumpStack.log.tmp The...
  3. Admin privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin privileges: I don't know what I did but I no longer have a user with admin privileges nor can I access "Family & other users” category it's not an option in "Accounts" How do I get my admin privileges back when I don't have admin privileges....
  4. Admin privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin privileges: I don't know what I did but I no longer have a user with admin privileges nor can I access "Family & other users” category it's not an option in "Accounts" How do I get my admin privileges back when I don't have admin privileges....
  5. Admin privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Admin Privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin Privileges: My new HP All in one does not recognize me as the administrator. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-privileges/8cde7d41-26ef-4a38-bd2c-7a0b7b7b98d5
  7. Admin privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin privileges: So I recently transferred windows over to a new m.2 drive which I got got Christmas. But when I was trying to make the account passwordsless, I used the command netplwiz to make it passwordless because that's what I found online, but while doing that I decided to change the...
  8. admin privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    admin privileges: so i want admin privileges so i can unblock websites but for some reason i cant access accounts, gaming, apps, update and sercuity, personalization, and when i do a admin app it says enter admin user and password i reset my computer but nothing helped and i cantt access...
  9. admin privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    admin privileges: Hi, Even since I bought my PC, I noticed that whenever I needed to make a change in setting I received a message saying I was not the administrator. In order to run CDM to try to make a change, it tell me that the operation requires elevation (run as administrator) Why is...
  10. No Admin privileges.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Admin privileges.: I purchased a new Alienware computer 2 weeks ago and a couple days ago I noticed I couldn't access my Pictures folder. I also noticed I couldn't do any Admin tasks. I can't open task manager, Open any exe. files and when I right click on C drive I get Access is denied. I...