Windows 10: W10 Diskpart/disk list

Discus and support W10 Diskpart/disk list in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi to all and thank you to Spunk and Navy LCDR - Issue almost resolved from your help. I have just installed, in my notebook an old SSD EVO 850... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lojong, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Lojong Win User

W10 Diskpart/disk list

Hi to all and thank you to Spunk and Navy LCDR - Issue almost resolved from your help.

I have just installed, in my notebook an old SSD EVO 850 Samsung as a 'second' separate SSD to use for a back-up.

When I try to use Diskpart to clean this SSD I encounter a hitch. After bringing up diskpart, I type 'disk list' and enter, but instead of the list of my disks being displayed, a long list of options' titles available from A - Z is shown.

How do I get to see the list of my disks ( 2 of them)? I see from others on line that entering 'disk list' does show the list of disks in their machine.

Guidance over this obstacle would be welcome.

Best wishes
    Lonjong

:)

Lojong, Feb 24, 2017

2. How to remove HP Recovery partition in Windows 10?

You can use diskpart.exe. few diskpart commands listed below:

DISKPART> list disk

DISKPART> select disk (id)

DISKPART> online disk (if the disk is not online)

DISKPART> attributes disk clear readonly

DISKPART> clean

DISKPART> convert mbr (or gpt)

DISKPART> create partition primary

DISKPART> select part 1

DISKPART> active (if this is the boot partition)

DISKPART> format fs=ntfs label=(name) quick

DISKPART> assign letter (letter)

DISKPART> list volume

You can also use
    free partition manager
    AOMEI Partition Assistant to delete the HP recovery partition.

Youngwarlord, Feb 24, 2017
  3. Kyle9614 Win User
    Lost 1.6TB partition after upgrade

The screenshot shows the partition as unallocated. Sorry for the poor SS.

Here is the commands you asked for:

Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.10240
    Copyright (C) 1999-2013 Microsoft Corporation.

On computer: HOME-PC
    DISKPART> list disk
    Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt

-------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---

Disk 0 Online 3726 GB 2048 KB

Disk 1 Online 465 GB 1024 KB
    DISKPART> select volume n
    The volume you selected is not valid or does not exist.
    There is no volume selected.
    DISKPART> select volume 0
    Volume 0 is the selected volume.
    DISKPART> list partition
    There is no disk selected to list partitions.

Select a disk and try again.
    DISKPART> select disk 0
    Disk 0 is now the selected disk.
    DISKPART> list partition
    Partition ### Type Size Offset

------------- ---------------- ------- -------

Partition 1 Primary 100 MB 1024 KB

Partition 2 Primary 2047 GB 101 MB

Partition 3 Recovery 450 MB 2047 GB
    DISKPART>

Kyle9614, Feb 24, 2017
  4. Fafhrd Win User

W10 Diskpart/disk list

not "disk list" but

list disk

W10 Diskpart/disk list [​IMG]

Fafhrd, Feb 24, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    It's list disk not disk list

Samuria, Feb 24, 2017
  6. Lojong Win User
    Hi. Fafhrd and Samuria

Many thanks for your response. Can I blame the 'rorre' on a temporary blip of dislexia?

The disk is no set up as reserve storage.

All best wishes

Lojong, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

W10 Diskpart/disk list

1. W10 Diskpart/disk list - Similar Threads - W10 Diskpart disk

2. Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...: Hello Asad hereOne random day my laptop which is an Asus Tuf dash f15 got bitlocker locked. My brother got me this laptop for university so I wasn't able to find the bitlocker recovery key. Its been 2 days since Ive been trying to resolve this issue. So I first started with...
  3. Disk no longer showing in diskpart list disk, can't convert back to basic disk from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk no longer showing in diskpart list disk, can't convert back to basic disk from...: So I've been trying to get a dual boot setup with Windows and Ubuntu but unfortunately I've botched it a bit causing me to have a hard drive I can't format or really access at all. The main reason is that before the installation, I wanted to merge a couple of unused blocks on...
  4. Disk no longer showing in diskpart list disk, can't convert back to basic disk from...

Disk no longer showing in diskpart list disk, can't convert back to basic disk from...: So I've been trying to get a dual boot setup with Windows and Ubuntu but unfortunately I've botched it a bit causing me to have a hard drive I can't format or really access at all. The main reason is that before the installation, I wanted to merge a couple of unused blocks on...
  5. Disk no longer showing in diskpart list disk, can't convert back to basic disk from...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Diskpart not listing internal disk volumes from Windows 11 USB boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diskpart not listing internal disk volumes from Windows 11 USB boot: I have a brand new laptop with Windows 11 Pro and am running Hyper-V server and trying to creat a fresh Windows 11 Hyper-V guest VM per: https://www.elevenforum.com/t/create-windows-11-virtual-hard-disk-vhdx-at-boot-to-native-boot.645/#post-15409However, when booting from the...
  7. Diskpart not listing internal disk volumes from Windows 11 USB boot

Diskpart not listing internal disk volumes from Windows 11 USB boot: I have a brand new laptop with Windows 11 Pro and am running Hyper-V server and trying to creat a fresh Windows 11 Hyper-V guest VM per: https://www.elevenforum.com/t/create-windows-11-virtual-hard-disk-vhdx-at-boot-to-native-boot.645/#post-15409However, when booting from the...
  8. Diskpart detail disk lists nvme for laptop but raid for desktop with nvme.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Diskpart detail disk lists nvme for laptop but raid for desktop with nvme.: Hello, I am curious as to why and how diskpart determines the disk type. I have two laptops with nvme drives. Only on my Surface Laptop does diskpart's "detail disk" command show type "NVMe" while it shows "RAID" on all other devices. I also have a desktop with an nvme and...
  9. diskpart doesn't show disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    diskpart doesn't show disk: Hey, I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air. However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion. read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see...
  10. W10 Startup list

W10 Startup list: Is there a list somewhere that I can access to check what startup programs I can stop from starting? Running W10 and this is on a business computer that is slow to boot. 104392

Users found this page by searching for:

1. diskpart online disk the object is not found