Windows 10: W10 enforces Norwegian penguin language by keyboard layout

Discus and support W10 enforces Norwegian penguin language by keyboard layout in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings, I have one primary issue regarding W10. W10 keeps enforcing Norwegian Penguin-Language by detecting keyboard layout; although global... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nighthaven, Jul 31, 2015.

1. W10 enforces Norwegian penguin language by keyboard layout

Greetings,
    I have one primary issue regarding W10.

W10 keeps enforcing Norwegian Penguin-Language by detecting keyboard layout; although global setting (thou currency+format is Norwegian) is English (US), which causes severe cases of: autism, retardation, degrading of technical terms, navigation difficulties, cancerous browsing behaviour, cancerous spelling correction,

which results in:
    apps/ programs With mixed Languages, EXTREME LIMITATION of app-functionality due to region-Lock even though I'm situated in Luxembourg and I'm unable to fix and correct issues quickly due to retarded norwegianfication of technical terms due to mongos translating the terms.

Is there any way to circumvent this issue on a global basis?
    if per app-basis, how do I change Language of eg. "Contact Support"
    note that I do have a Norwegian keyboard layout, but I wish Windows never knew that.

Maybe "time and currency" format is the root of all evil? (during installation)

Background:
    My original issue was that I instantly performed a clean W10 install, however I formated away the old working partition that was faulty with an infected with a Windows update issue/ limitation. I didn't want to Upgrade/ transfer that shit further With an Upgrade.

:)

Nighthaven, Jul 31, 2015

2. Windows forgets keyboard input language

Hi everyone,

I live in Norway and use a Norwegian keyboard setup, even though I'm English and prefer English as the display language. This has worked perfectly for me the last 20-odd years. Then suddenly a couple of weeks ago, without me knowingly having done anything,
    the keyboard language on startup is English, rather than Norwegian.

I've tried removing English as an input option in control panel, but it comes back again.

The control panel options are:

Option 1: English: Windows display language: Enabled. Keyboard layout: Norwegian, English

Option 2: Norwegian: Windows display language: Available. Keyboard layout: Norwegian

I use option 1.

Anybody any ideas as to why Windows can't remember the keyboard input language?

regards,

Chris Saunders

Chris Saunders 1946, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Fab_186 Win User
    Windows 10 keyboard language reset after upgrade to 1709

The problem is not to change the keyboard layout manually. Easy.

The issue is that the update 1709 detects "English US" as Windows display language and enforces this language as default Keyboard layout. Most probably was 1607 the same.

There is a mismatch between System language and keyboard layout. The system language should not appear as keyboard layout if it is not specified as such.

We have Windows 10 English on computers with German keyboard and the users need to type using english US layout, even if the keyboard is german !!!

Even if we modify layout on each computer for each username, any new profile created will get a wrong layout...

Fab_186, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

W10 enforces Norwegian penguin language by keyboard layout

1. W10 enforces Norwegian penguin language by keyboard layout - Similar Threads - W10 enforces Norwegian

2. Language Installation - Norwegian Bokmål Is Installed, but Norwegian Nynorsk Is Not Installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Installation - Norwegian Bokmål Is Installed, but Norwegian Nynorsk Is Not Installed: In my Settings application, I installed Norwegian Bokmål. It is fine.I installed Norwegian Nynorsk. The Install button keeps appearing. I thought that I did install Norwegian Nynorsk.What is the exact issue?...
  3. Language Installation - Norwegian Bokmål Is Installed, but Norwegian Nynorsk Is Not Installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language Installation - Norwegian Bokmål Is Installed, but Norwegian Nynorsk Is Not Installed: In my Settings application, I installed Norwegian Bokmål. It is fine.I installed Norwegian Nynorsk. The Install button keeps appearing. I thought that I did install Norwegian Nynorsk.What is the exact issue?...
  4. Language Installation - Norwegian Bokmål Is Installed, but Norwegian Nynorsk Is Not Installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Support Norwegian language speach recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Support Norwegian language speach recognition: I am trying to enable Norwegian Speach Recognition in Windows 11, but I cannot find any support. I have seen demonstration of this feature performed in 2019, but now I can only find support for Danish and Swedish. Is there something I am missing?Best regardsUlf H....
  6. One character not working in one keyboard language (Norwegian "ø")

in Windows 10 Support
    One character not working in one keyboard language (Norwegian "ø"): I had a Windows 10 installation where there were 2 additional keyboard languages that I wanted to get rid of, but these were not showing up in the language settings in Windows 10. I wanted to fix the issue to not have accidental switches between the languages (I am normally...
  7. Windows keyboard languages layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keyboard languages layout: Hi. I have 3 languages for keyboard and usually I have only 3 tabs of these 3 languages, but sometimes I have 5 tabs. Like usually it's ENG, UA and RUS but sometimes it's two ENG intl/Uk, UAukre/ru and RUS, why is that?...
  8. Language/keyboard layout not in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language/keyboard layout not in settings: Hi, I just got a new Win10 laptop (which I looooove btw) and there appears to be an unwanted keyboard layout skulking about. When I click the language tile (next to date/time) or use the Win + space shortcut, 3 languages are listed: English UK, German, and, unwantedly,...
  9. Norwegian keyboard showing up when switching input language

Norwegian keyboard showing up when switching input language: I have a problem thats annoying me allot, I have a ansi layerd keyboard, and I'm norwegian which means that sometimes I need to use æøå, and you could quickly change between iso and ansi with "windows + space". But I have a keyboard there that according to windows does not...
  10. Keyboard Layout and Other Languages

Keyboard Layout and Other Languages: Just seeing if anyone has an answer to my conundrum. How do I change the keyboard layout for another language? For example, how can I make a USA QWERTY transliterate to Russian so Q=Q, W=W, E=E, R=R, and so on, not j=o, k=l or whatnot? When I select the Russian keyboard it...