Windows 10: (W10-Errors) Performance / Crashing / Freezing / Boot-Loop [HelpMe]

Discus and support (W10-Errors) Performance / Crashing / Freezing / Boot-Loop [HelpMe] in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Update: 01/11/2015 ~ Start Maintenance (Crash / Auto-Restart Bug) Just thought I'd update you all on something else that I should mention: When I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LukeJR, Oct 31, 2015.

1. LukeJR Win User

(W10-Errors) Performance / Crashing / Freezing / Boot-Loop [HelpMe]

Update: 01/11/2015 ~ Start Maintenance (Crash / Auto-Restart Bug)
    Just thought I'd update you all on something else that I should mention:
    When I go into 'Security & Maintenance.' I set the time for automatic Maintenance. But when I click 'Start Maintenance' - It won't even work. It just gives me BSOD, and then restarts my PC. Wow, I have no idea WTF is going on with this lately...

Okay, first of all...I usually can take this. A few slight errors causing a slight problem with the OS. But this is not one of those errors. This is a problem that just keeps on making more problems arise from what should be functional.

Error: Keeps on crashing when Opera / Google Chrome is running. It takes time but some reason it happens . . .

EXAMPLE:
    I load up Windows 10, start-up my computer like usual. But here is something that might be important:
    I checked Security & Maintenance- Monitor Reports:

Problem:
    Windows failed to start because of a problem with the system files.
    Description:
    This operating system version is not supported by Start-up Repair.

Does anyone know why this keeps happening? I've tried re-installing my AMD drivers, and that don't seem to fix it. I mean if I Shut-Down my computer for the night, and then return in the morning (Start-up) computer and Windows 10 loads fine. Until I login to the Desktop, and it takes a few minutes- then crashing the computer. Like it just freezes with the cursor in place, and the keyboard no longer can be used at this time. Nothing can be done, it just requires me to restart the computer manually with a push of a button 3 second hold-down.

So, why is this occuring? And if anyone else is having this problem with Windows 10! I'm leaving... seriously, I'm going back to Windows 7 if this shit continues. I'm sick of seeing this problem every day, and I'm sick of it continuing. Even when I have a fresh-installed Windows 10~ it still has a similar problem. Where it just chooses to freeze or crash or whatever.

Either way... these doesn't seem to be anyone who knows about this (Well, not really) but anyone who knows how to fix it. I haven't found any solution, and believe me. I've tried looking every day for a solution, and nothing! I've tried many of my own solutions, and nothing...

Please Help!

This Is Getting Absolutely Ridiculous . . .

:)

LukeJR, Oct 31, 2015
  2. Argel Obm Win User

DistributedCOM error 10016 PC crashing / freezing (no blue screen)

Hi,

DistributedCOM error 10016 is an event in Event Viewer that usually occurs when
    Microsoft components tries to access DCOM components without the required permissions. This event is not usually the cause of the PC crashing / freezing error. The performance error that you're experiencing can be the cause of a third
    party service. Kindly perform a clean boot to see if the computer will crash / freeze while the third party
    services are disabled.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Oct 31, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Pro crash

Ok, it crashed and will only boot into safe mode..sometimes. System restore does not work.

I decided to reinstall. I insert my W10 DVD and it freezes with a blank dark blue screen.

I really need some advice here

trwhitford, Oct 31, 2015
  4. (W10-Errors) Performance / Crashing / Freezing / Boot-Loop [HelpMe]

Have you run sfc /scannow to see if that will fix your problem
    notice the space between c and /

hTconeM9user, Nov 1, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    LukJR,
    Maybe it is best in your case to go back to Windows 7.
    Let Microsoft iron out all the bugs and glitches that may still exist.
    You can always come back later. Free upgrade offer is still good till July 29th, 2016.

That said, Threshold2 is said to be introduced sometime this month (November).
    May be it will work for you.

davidhk, Nov 1, 2015
  6. LukeJR Win User
    Yes, and it worked. But it said that some files couldn't be repaired or something like that.
    It was like some (something) could not be (something) ~ it was that kind of error at the end of it.
    Everything else worked fine and apparently was repaired. There were just a few (???) that couldn't be fixed.

To be honest; it's probably the best idea I've heard yet. I mean Windows 7 was loyal, respectful, and never had any problems with crashes / failed-to-boot / random-restarts / BSOD ~ I don't know what Windows 7 was like in its early days, I imagine it was just as bad as the early days of Windows 10. But this OS is very unstable right now, and yeah, I think Threshold2 could fix this problem. Who knows... I heard it is being released on the 10th November. So, only time will tell... They better hope it fixes all the bugs in Windows 10 or those that haven't joined Windows 10 will be staying away from it for good. They have got one more shot at this. And if it don't work out, I suggest they just forget the Windows 10 idea all together. I mean it's just very stable, and I'm not the only one having issues with this OS.

LukeJR, Nov 1, 2015
  7. Try and run it again as sometimes it can take 2 or more times to fix it and also try and get the error numbers then we can proceed from there.

Also threshold due 10th November

8. LukeJR Win User

Will do, thanks. Is there any other way to contact you in case you aren't active when this 2nd scan finishes? I'd just like to discuss the problem with you. Because I feel you might be the best a helping / supporting me with this problem I am having here.

LukeJR, Nov 1, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    Go to the same Command Prompt (Admin)... copy and paste the following command line ( do use copy and paste to avoid typo)
    ........ dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    ........ press Enter.

It will take quite a while.
    When finished it will give you a report of the result.

After that, see if any of your problems have been fixed.

davidhk, Nov 1, 2015
  10. LukeJR Win User
    I'll try this after the 2nd scan. Thanks for the support, and I appreciate the detailed tutorial on what to do.
    I'll report any problems I find, and I'll let you know the report details.

LukeJR, Nov 1, 2015
  11. I am online most of the time and I get notified when a post is answered or will get back to you within 2 hours if repairing some one else computer
    Also run what billy has put as could not think of the name of it

12. Thank you could not remember the name of it my mind went blank
    Once he has done that we may then know what more of a problem he has

13. davidhk Win User

How long ago since you installed Windows 10.
    Was there a time when Win 10 was working fine ?
    If yes, there was a time Win 10 was fine, then try this method (if dism....restorehealth does nothing to help).
    Left click at Start.... click Settings on the left side....click Update & Security.... click Recovery on the left side....click Reset this PC on the right side.... follow the prompts to reset your Windows 10.

davidhk, Nov 1, 2015
  14. LukeJR Win User
    Here you go:

(W10-Errors) Performance / Crashing / Freezing / Boot-Loop [HelpMe] [​IMG]

There was a time when Windows 10 worked fine, yeah. It was when I first installed it a while back, and it worked fine. I then remember that I got a virus (I believe it was a virus) and it caused my computer to crash way more frequently than it does today. It would crash, freeze, restart- whenever I logged into the Desktop. But that is not the case with today's problem. I'm much more happy with this problem since it doesn't seem to be a virus that is causing it. In fact- it's less frequent with crashes / freezes, but it doesn't change the fact that there is still a problem that needs to be fixed. I must fix this so my Windows 10 don't crash, freeze, and take a while to actually get into the Desktop due to these freezes / crashes. It's usually just a restart now though, it just restarts if Opera / Google Chrome is open or if I'm trying to do something like open a Programme. But that is only the first time I boot up PC. After that it works but will then have a 50% chance of crashing / freezing again...

UPDATE: (This isn't looking good)

Seems like an Error is causing this not to work.

Anyway, I'm trying your CMD technique now. Hopefully all goes well.

EDIT: Also if I reset Windows 10: does that mean that I lose all my Files & Data? As in like a fresh installed Windows 10? : (

LukeJR, Nov 1, 2015
  15. davidhk Win User
    RE : Anyway, I'm trying your CMD technique now. Hopefully all goes well.
    What CMD technique ?

RE : EDIT: Also if I reset Windows 10: does that mean that I lose all my Files & Data? As in like a fresh installed Windows 10? : (

See the screenshot:

davidhk, Nov 1, 2015
Thema:

1. (W10-Errors) Performance / Crashing / Freezing / Boot-Loop [HelpMe] - Similar Threads - W10 Errors Performance

2. Please helpme to fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please helpme to fix it: Last night i close a laptop normally but today i open they show automatic repair and dell logo then screen is light black and nothing show please help me to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-helpme-to-fix-it/aa9dbe93-16b4-4101-b69b-3778102097c1
  3. W10 is not booting, Error loop at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 is not booting, Error loop at startup: I installed W10 on a new PC Motherboard ASUS X99-Pro BIOS 3902, I am getting all kinds of errors. I have tried automatic repair, etc etc and nothing fixes the problem. Help please Jose...
  4. W10 Performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 Performance: Looking at my computer specs in "my computer", does anyone know how to make my computer faster without buying, upgrading, or purchasing anything. Be reminded that I did all the average tutorials that you would search up in Google. 172986
  5. W10 Freeze and crash randomly but infrequently

W10 Freeze and crash randomly but infrequently: Hello, I will first describe my situation. I have a Panasonic toughbook CF-19 Mk6 with i5-3rd gen core + 16GB RAM. The machine has been in my hands for a few years now and it used to act as a mobile wifi server using Windows 7 Pro or linux and has never had any issues. The...
  6. W10 Freeze and crash randomly but infrequently

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Freeze and crash randomly but infrequently: Hello, I will first describe my situation. I have a Panasonic toughbook CF-19 Mk6 with i5-3rd gen core + 16GB RAM. The machine has been in my hands for a few years now and it used to act as a mobile wifi server using Windows 7 Pro or linux and has never had any issues. The...
  7. W10 slow boot and poor performance

W10 slow boot and poor performance: Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your time and dedication. Originally, my problem is stated in the title. I've been stuck with this for months. Recently I found this forum and tried to fix it for 264542th time (not kidding, just exaggerating) by following steps given...
  8. W10 comp repair keeps looping freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 comp repair keeps looping freezing: It keeps trying to reboot. Comes up it needs to restart. Needs to fix then freezes. Cant get to safe screen to select advanced options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-comp-repair-keeps-looping-freezing/6b553cad-fe80-45b7-bad3-9ba4caece1e2
  9. W10 1703 - Machine Freezes Then Crashes

W10 1703 - Machine Freezes Then Crashes: For the past couple of months my computer (built back in May 2017) has been freezing up. At first, I was only getting a graphics freeze with Elite Dangerous - game would crash, but game video would remain in foreground. The system still responded (could Alt-Tab amongst...
  10. boot loop W10 code 0xc000007b

boot loop W10 code 0xc000007b: Hello. W10 x64. My story begins a week ago(~). One day I decided to check my old gpu(gtx 660). I removed my amd gpu temporarily for a few hours. After a check I moved my amd gpu back and it was okay. Later that day (or next day or more later) after stable work, at the...