Windows 10: W10 for Business Version? Enterprise is full of consumerware crap.

Discus and support W10 for Business Version? Enterprise is full of consumerware crap. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good Morning Community, I am a SMB owner and was looking at moving to W10 enterprise over pro - because I don't want to spend a bunch of time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dcbdbis, Mar 19, 2018.

1. dcbdbis Win User

W10 for Business Version? Enterprise is full of consumerware crap.

Good Morning Community,

I am a SMB owner and was looking at moving to W10 enterprise over pro - because I don't want to spend a bunch of time removing all of the consumerware crap that ships with 10Pro. I need a workstation - not a gaming platform.

I signed up for and downloaded W10 Enterprise and put it in a VM.

To my surprise - W10 Enterprise is not a business OS - it's full of all that crap that I don't want my employees playing with.

Is there a different version of W10 for business that I should have downloaded instead of Enterprise?

Something tells me I must have downloaded the wrong version - I can't fathom that W10 Enterprise is a business edition with all the crap that comes with it.

Suggestions? Pointers? Ideas?

Sincerely and respectfully,

Dave

:)

dcbdbis, Mar 19, 2018
  2. VinceYrsa Win User

WIndows10 "FULL OF FCUPUP CRAP" - Stop Code: DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE - "Only When Waking From Sleep Mode"

Windows10 has virtually crippled my once super fast instant react HP ProBook 4530S

From the constant 'MS nagging demand' to auto upgrade my scheduled upgrade took place end September 2015 and instantly the PC became a stuck in the mud mule

Furthermore, almost no connectivity could be made via Bluetooth or synchronising to the cell pone and great difficulty with cellular & ADSL broadband

Costs of IT Techies to evaluate PC and check it for additional sudden inexplicable over-heating sensitivity warnings

Fairly soon thereafter, MS 'automatically' downloaded & installed updates consuming more than my monthly cellular capacity while travelling Swaziland & Mozambique / South Africa, with enormous distress, delays and lost business opportunities & clients

Further costs to IT Techies to examine the PC

On moving to KZN, the auto-update setting was changed to advise first, but by then it became apparent that to open MS Edge took up to 1 to 2 minutes per page and after 4 months Edge collapsed completely.

STILL NO BLUETOOTH or wireless hotspot - Cell Synchronicity available & no Cortana

All 2016 and through to May 2017 Windows10 devoured huge amounts of data without warning every time the SIM CARD was inserted into its slot, again bankrupting the cellular monthly allotment but Cortana activated and I was able to connect via Cell Sim Card
    when travelling or by wifi and bluetooth.

By Jul/Aug 2017 I managed to get Wireless Broadband to allow updates and two HUGE Windows10 updates came about in quick succession and MS Edge now works again but Cortana has vanished

Ever since the September update of Windows10 the HP Connection Manager was removed entirely by Windows10 while I had set it with Cell turned off and now it is impossible to turn Cellular or Wifi on again, even after 4 visits to IT Tech Support outlets and
    so no Hotspot is available either.

To top the list of MS WINDOWS10 FCUKUPS - the PC now gets bluescreen Stop Code: DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE whenever the PC is started from sleep mode and no IT Tech staff are able to fix this or any of the other earlier grievances out yet either.

MICROSOFT is still ringing up a massive bill against me as they use me as a guinea pig experiment bankrupting me via IT visits and broadband & lost time and business BUT STILL MY PC IS A DISASTROUS FCUKUP

Will Microsoft at their cost replace my PC with another top of range business PC that runs without any glitches and hitches?

VinceYrsa, Mar 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and office 10 enterprise compatibility

Will W10 be compatible with Ms office 2010 small business including outlook and outlook live synch.

Windows Shame, Mar 19, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

No, it's not the wrong version. However, there are many useful and interesting guides to help you create a custom image for Windows 10 Enterprise that will eliminate what you don't want your employees to have. See, for example this TenForums thread "How to uninstall apps using Powershell." You might also find this MakeUseOf story helpful as well: "How to Easily Remove Bloatware from Windows 10." You could also look into using the excellent NTLite tool to trim down what goes into your canonical Windows 10 Enterprise image for deployment in the workplace. In short, if you're willing to do some work on the Enterprise image you wish distributed before it gets deployed, you can control what goes into that image to a surprising extent. OTOH, if you'd like to hire somebody to craft such a custom image for your business, I know somebody (a fellow Windows Insider MVP, in fact) who does that kind of thing for a living. PM me if you'd like a pointer.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 19, 2018
  5. No, you most likely downloaded the correct version. It is what it is.

If you really want control, then you should do as most with a lot of employees do:

Create a custom reference image, that contains exactly the features and Apps you want the employees to use. Then use that image to deploy onto ALL your employees computers.

EDIT: Oh, I see @EdTittel beat me to it. *Smile

slicendice, Mar 19, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Hey Slice'n'Dice: we must've been writing our answers at the same time, since they pretty much overlap exactly. Thus, I can only compliment you for offering a nice answer.
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 19, 2018
  7. Hehheh, thanks for the compliments!

Yes we were answering at the same time. Sometimes this happens. Glad we agree on the best way to proceed in this matter. *Smile

slicendice, Mar 19, 2018
  8. dcbdbis Win User

Well, I certainly appreciate the answers...THANK YOU!

Although I must say that I am very disappointed in MS for doing this to a so-called "Enterprise" class OS.

I thank you for the pointers to how to roll your own image. I am an SMB - I don't have an extensive IT staff - so I'll have to do this myself.....

But - once again thank you for the answers. I appreciate it.

Dave

dcbdbis, Mar 19, 2018
  9. EdTittel Win User
    You're welcome, Dave. There is lots of information and insight to be found online on the topic of "Windows image customization" or "customizing a Windows image." It's your best approach, to be sure. Let us know if you need more info or pointers. There are some great tutorials on and around this topic here at TenForums, including @Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep."
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 for Business Version? Enterprise is full of consumerware crap. - Similar Threads - W10 Business Version

2. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Evaluation to full version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Evaluation to full version: I downloaded the Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Evaluation ISO. I have since purchased a number of product keys on MVLSC. I have tried entering the key however it fails with following error 0xc004f050. Do I need to convert it to the full version? Do I have to re install Windows?...
  3. Crap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crap: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/user_1312_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k5xmd2/crap/
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation Convert to Full Version Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation Convert to Full Version Enterprise: Hi All, Many of you ask question, is there any way to convert installed Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation toFull Version Windows 10 Enterprise without losing data? Support told me that this is not possible even with the valid key, and the only way is a clean installation....
  5. Windows 10 enterprise evaluation version into full version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 enterprise evaluation version into full version: Please help: how to turn a windows 10 enterprise evaluation version into a full enterprise version. Do I need to buy a key? It constantly ask me to activate within a certain period! Thanks submitted by /u/NorhoNor [link] [comments]...
  6. W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro

W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro: I have new laptop Acer Aspire. It was bought with OEM W10Home. Then I have ordered and paid licence for W10Pro. At the last form of purchasing process is button "Install". I pushed it. After restart there is W10Enterprise. Now I am not able to activate it nor to change it to...
  7. Hiding the taskbar w/o full version of W10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hiding the taskbar w/o full version of W10?: Hello! So I just got Windows 10 from Bootcamp but I don't have the full version so I cannot customize. Any way to hide the taskbar? 115298
  8. W10 Tech Preview upgraded to full version. Huh? Is that expected?

W10 Tech Preview upgraded to full version. Huh? Is that expected?: Hi, This is more curiosity that anything - I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth... I had two installations of the tech preview: One on an ex-XP Dell laptop for my father to play around with, and one in a VM. About 5 days ago my dad reported that it had "done...
  9. Activate W10 build 10240 ENTERPRISE version

Activate W10 build 10240 ENTERPRISE version: Hi there PRO installed already activated. For Enterprise - it's no point trying the published standard Enterprise key -- you won't be able to activate until Ms's activation servers are switched on at the end of July -- so if you are a HOME user using Enterprise --...
  10. OneDrive for Business won't sync on W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive for Business won't sync on W10: I am have two problems with 1DfB. 1. It won't let me choose a sync location on my other hard drive. Could it be becase that Hardrive is formatted to exFAT? The error I get says: Sorry, we can't save your documents to the chosen location. Try picking a differnt place on...