Windows 10: W10 Graphics driver: Sleep OR Brightness control, pick one

Discus and support W10 Graphics driver: Sleep OR Brightness control, pick one in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello! There are countless threads with people who can't change brightness on Windows 10. Easily solved, switch to the generic Windows graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by silesianhilandr, Aug 22, 2016.

1. W10 Graphics driver: Sleep OR Brightness control, pick one

Hello!
    There are countless threads with people who can't change brightness on Windows 10. Easily solved, switch to the generic Windows graphics driver. However, to me this solution removes the Sleep option in Power menu. Only Hibernate is left, but I don't want to use it. I just bought a small SSD for the OS and I want to save the write cycles.

So as the situation stands, I can either choose to have the Sleep option with Intel Graphics 4000 driver, or have the brightness control with the Windows graphics driver. I chose the former, because I use sleep a few times a day, but don't change brightness very often. But I want both.

I am just checking, is there any option to have both sleep power setting AND working brightness control in Windows 10? Is Microsoft or Intel working on fixing the problem?
    - I use two graphics drivers at once - NVidia and Intel 4000. Can't have just NVidia, that removes both brightness and sleep.
    - Yes, I have the latest Intel 4000 driver.
    - Yes, I have disabled adaptive brightness.
    - No, I can't adjust brightness manually, if I try that, the screen is totally dimmed and I have to switch the drivers to fix it.
    - I have Lenovo Z500, Windows 10 with the Anniversary package - didn't help.
    - I made a clean install of W10 after my old W10 install got stuck in update-remove update loop.

:)

silesianhilandr, Aug 22, 2016

2. A control Vault w / Swipe Fingerprint Sensor (WBF location Function) is offline due to an error in the user mode driver

Yes, i have latest w10 compatible driver and it is the same. I think that it can be coused by power management... becouse i have more problems... also i am facing to problem with graphic card...driver stopped working and has recovered....everythink is after
    sleeping mode...

I have now all driver with latest date and w10 compatible. Manufacturer told that it can be windows problem or intel

OndřejHaščák, Aug 22, 2016
  3. Windows Update graphics driver download stuck at 1%

Good morning all. I have two graphics cards in my ASUS S551LN laptop, an NVIDIA GeForce 840 M and an Intel HD Graphics Family. When I upgraded to Windows 10, I lost my graphics drivers (the only graphics driver in Device Manager was the basic one from Microsoft).
    I also lost my brightness control (the hotkeys don't work) so it's stuck at max brightness. Also there was no more "Sleep" option at Start > Power.

So I regularly check Windows Update for any drivers on its download list, and the drivers are there, but they just won't download (stuck at 1%). Is it just my internet connection or is Windows Update having a really hard time downloading my drivers?

(I'm not a super-geek, by the way.)

Vermillion917, Aug 22, 2016
Thema:

W10 Graphics driver: Sleep OR Brightness control, pick one

1. W10 Graphics driver: Sleep OR Brightness control, pick one - Similar Threads - W10 Graphics driver

2. No brightness control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No brightness control: I just got a new monitor, and the brightness was really high. So I thought to change it, except there's no brightness slider anywhere. I checked the display settings and the power settings and it was not there. Where should it be?...
  3. Brightness controle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness controle: I want to controle the brightness of my desktop screen. But the slider bar as seen in the attached file is not accessible on my computer. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-controle/a315bfb6-720e-49f4-98d3-47bd29fac238
  4. Brightness controle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness controle: I want to controle the brightness of my desktop screen. But the slider bar as seen in the attached file is not accessible on my computer. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-controle/a315bfb6-720e-49f4-98d3-47bd29fac238
  5. Brightness controle

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. brightness control

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness control: Hello, after i updated my software recently, there is no button or setting for brightness at all, and now my screen brightness is so high and i cannot adjust it. Even when i click FN + > / < , there is no changes. [ATTACH] There is no option for brightness in this part ,...
  7. Intel HD Graphics 3000+AMD 7690M XT driver for W10,no such one,help

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel HD Graphics 3000+AMD 7690M XT driver for W10,no such one,help: Hi guys.I've been trying to find the drivers mentioned in the topic but could not find one. Nor Intel nor amd display driver for this card for W10 64bit So what can I do? I did update,nothing. I changed like 3-4 AMD display drivers,and I only get after reboot no display...
  8. Intel HD Graphics 3000+AMD 7690M XT driver for W10,no such one,help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel HD Graphics 3000+AMD 7690M XT driver for W10,no such one,help: Hi guys.I've been trying to find the drivers mentioned in the topic but could not find one. Nor Intel nor amd display driver for this card for W10 64bit So what can I do? I did update,nothing. I changed like 3-4 AMD display drivers,and I only get after reboot no display...
  9. Xbox One Controller Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Controller Drivers: I have recently bought a Windows 10 PC. I tried to plug my controller in to play games with it however it just does a little rumble, the light does not come on, and the controller does not work. I have looked through the device manager and cannot find any controller drivers....
  10. Brightness Control

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brightness Control: Hello, After updating my system to latest version of windows - OCTOBER UPDATE - 1809, i have lost control of m brightness. I am not able to control the screen brightness anymore. Please HELP !...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. solution to system brightness control drivers for advent computer

2. microsoft basic display driver in w10 1809