Windows 10: W10 hanging on boot up.

Discus and support W10 hanging on boot up. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just updated an Acer Aspire Laptop 5536 to W10 and after pressing the start button it starts to boot up and about 10 seconds after pressing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KingWhiskers, Jul 17, 2016.

1. W10 hanging on boot up.

I have just updated an Acer Aspire Laptop 5536 to W10 and after pressing the start button it starts to boot up and about 10 seconds after pressing start the windows logo appears and the little squirly is going round then stops.
    The Hdd led goes out and it is stuck there
    Hold the start button till it shuts off and start again and it boots up fine, the hdd led is going berserk and it boots up to the start screen.
    Any ideas?

Processor Support AMD Turion™ X2AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Chipset AMD M780G Chipset RAM Size Up to 8GB 4GB INSTALLED 800Mhz DDR2 RAM Slots 2 Screen 15.6” 1366 x 768 Widescreen Graphics Controller ATI Radeon™ HD 3200ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4570 Graphics Memory 256MB – ATI 3200512 – ATI 4570 Graphics Memory Type Dedicated VGA Out Port Yes DVI Out Port No HDMI Out Port Yes Built around 2011 originally for Vista will support W7 64 bit and running W10 Pr0 64 bit at the moment.
    The W10 compatibility report was all good and that it would support W10.

No real error messages in Event viewer so I am at a loss as where to start.

Hdd checked out with Western Digital tools as being all fine with no errors at all.

Solved

Checkout this thread at

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

and turn off fast start up works like it should do now.

Set the Power Button to Shutdown in Battery and Plugged in modes

Shutdown and started again with no problems.

:)

KingWhiskers, Jul 17, 2016

2. After upgrade form W7 to W10 my laptop only starts after a cold boot

After the lengthy update process (28 hrs), my laptop won't start. It hangs up at the W10 start screen forever. I have to do a cold boot to get it started and I have to do this every day. Any help to resolve this problem is greatly appreciated.

thanghuynh, Jul 17, 2016
  3. JOELLXS Win User
    Windows Spotlight not working in Windows 10

My PC, running W10, simply hangs up after the first command.

JOELLXS, Jul 17, 2016
Thema:

W10 hanging on boot up.

1. W10 hanging on boot up. - Similar Threads - W10 hanging boot

2. w10 boot up asking for media tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    w10 boot up asking for media tool: HELP!! Suddenly on my friends W10 laptop, it boots to the sign on screen but it asks for the "media Creation tool". I have no idea why. Any suggestions how to bypass? If not, can I create a Windows media creation tool download to a USB on another computer and put that saved...
  3. w10 boot up asking for media tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    w10 boot up asking for media tool: HELP!! Suddenly on my friends W10 laptop, it boots to the sign on screen but it asks for the "media Creation tool". I have no idea why. Any suggestions how to bypass? If not, can I create a Windows media creation tool download to a USB on another computer and put that saved...
  4. w10 boot up asking for media tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows 10 hanging and freezing when booted up

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 hanging and freezing when booted up: i am a user windows 10 but whenever i start it by entering the login password the window keeps hanging again and again the start menu does not respond and "this pc" takes at least 20 seconds to open please tell a solution to my problem : : the windows is up to date it is not...
  6. No keyboard response once w10 boots up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No keyboard response once w10 boots up: 10061 installed now over a week. Today, during boot, I typed in my Pin and went to the desktop. Now the KB will not respond to typing in several programs/apps. I use this machine with a SSD swap out between w8.1 and 10061. Put the Win8.1 ssd in and the keyboard responds as...
  7. W10 PC hangs on chkdsk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 PC hangs on chkdsk: Hi Opens a CMD prompt as admin and ran chkdsk r on the c drive, the drive was busy so it ran on restart. The process was going okay but stopped 0n 12%, it stayed on 12% for 12 hours then I restarted and chkdsk ran and again it stopped on 12%. What does this show and...
  8. Computer Hangs Up During Boot Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Hangs Up During Boot Up: Recently, my computer hangs up at the Windows Logo screen during boot up. I have to power off and then power back on. It usually boots up on the 2nd try. Any idea what's happening, and how to fix it? HPE-510t Intel Core i5-2500 CPU @ 3.3GHz 64-bit Win10 v 1709 build...
  9. Windows 10 Boot Up Hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Boot Up Hangs: I need some help. This computer has run fine for about a year with this SSD.. Now, when I boot the computer up it starts to Load Windows 10 but STOPS on the 4 panel Window in the top center of the screen. If I turn the Power Supply switch OFF and then back ON and then...
  10. Stuck in a Hang up in booting

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in a Hang up in booting: Upgrade from Win 7 64bit to Win 10 64 bit on a Gateway laptop 3 days ago and everything worked well. This morning the laptop hung up in the booting process and wont fully load the OS. I get to the window logo, a greyed login box, and in task bar the clock and battery icon...