Windows 10: W10 icons broken after Creators update

Discus and support W10 icons broken after Creators update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did the Creators update to W10 today, but now the icons on the desktop are goofed up – they cannot be positioned near the edges, and if you try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by guthrie, May 15, 2017.

1. guthrie Win User

W10 icons broken after Creators update

I did the Creators update to W10 today, but now the icons on the desktop are goofed up – they cannot be positioned near the edges, and if you try to move them there, they jump into the screen instead about 2”.

And on the bottom, they can’t be placed more than about ¼” from the taskbar, and trying that, they again jump instead to the interior, and sometimes if adjacent to another icon, cause it to jump/move.

:)

guthrie, May 15, 2017
  2. MikePL7 Win User

Creator's Update - Courier New

Seems it's the same version 6.90 which is installed on my W10 ( v1703 Creators Update ).

When I click preview - "2" character is also broken.

MikePL7, May 15, 2017
  3. Guthrie Win User
    icons broken after Creator update

I did the Creators update to W10 today, but now the icons on the desktop are goofed up – they cannot be positioned near the edges, and if you try to move them there, they jump into the screen instead about 2”.

And on the bottom, they can’t be placed more than about ¼” from the taskbar, and trying that, they again jump instead to the interior, and sometimes if adjacent to another icon, cause it to jump/move.

Guthrie, May 15, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, check in Safe Mode. If ok, then do a clean boot and recheck.

Some people are experiencing conflicts between the Creator's build and 3rd party software which has not been updated.

dalchina, May 15, 2017
  5. guthrie Win User
    Further research - seems that this is a common and known (and unrepaired) bug in the update, :-(

guthrie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 icons broken after Creators update - Similar Threads - W10 icons broken

2. Creator update password background broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creator update password background broken: I once set my password screen to not have the lock screen picture. It used my normal single-colour desktop background. After this last update it's now a muddy grey. The setting of 'Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen' has gone away. So, I don't...
  3. Desktop icons alignment bug after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons alignment bug after Creators Update: Since Creators Update installation, I've this bug with Windows 10.When I drag icons on the left side of the screen, sometimes, icons don't move.It happens mostly when the area is "flooded" with icons. When it's pretty empty, seems to work fine.And, sometimes, icon position...
  4. W10 Home Creator's Update Diary...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Home Creator's Update Diary...: Just thought I'd share my experience with the v.1703 update that I just finished. For prep. work, I did two System Image Saves (bld. 14393.953 & bld 14393.1066) and a new System Recovery Disk. I also ran CCleaner until it could not find anything to get rid of. You can open My...
  5. Cortana Broken After Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Broken After Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: I don't use Cortana that much, but prior to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, it worked perfectly. But since applying the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, Cortana refuses to listen or talk/respond. I have tested my microphone and audio, and it all still works. Has...
  6. Different BSOD errors after W10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Different BSOD errors after W10 Creators Update: Hi everyone, After the latest W10 creators update, I have started to get various BSOD. It can happen in a few hours or a few minutes after I turn on my laptop. I have a gaming laptop with Windows 10 PRO 64bit which never had problems before the Creator Update. Specs:...
  7. Sound icon doesn't work after creator update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound icon doesn't work after creator update.: Nothing happens when I left click on the sound icon following the creator update. Right click gives a working menu. How can I get the left click volume control back? 82101
  8. Screen is Broken after the Windows Creators Fall update

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen is Broken after the Windows Creators Fall update: Don't know whats going on... I tried updating to the Fall update a few times... Only to get my screen to look like this... Every single time lol and not sure how to fix this... I had to go back to previous updates in order to fix this issue. [img] [img] 96528
  9. Desktop icons misbehaving after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons misbehaving after Creators Update: The Creators Update (and newer Insider Previews) totally messed up the desktop behavior. Hope someone can give me some clues on how to fix this issue. Am I the only one with this? I made some illustrations to make it easier to understand: http://imgur.com/njXo6UX Imgur...
  10. Search feature in Creators Update is broken for me after copyprofile

in Windows 10 Support
    Search feature in Creators Update is broken for me after copyprofile: I am trying to prepare my image for deployment using the latest Windows 10 release (15063.250) and the search / Cortana feature seems to break after using the copyprofile flag in my unattend.xml file. I have searched this and seen it was an issue in past releases. Is this a...