Windows 10: W10 INCOMING connections - missing network protocols

Discus and support W10 INCOMING connections - missing network protocols in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there It seems that for earlier computers such as XP / W7 or even Linux machines connecting TO a W10 machine causes problems unless you connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Oct 10, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

W10 INCOMING connections - missing network protocols

Hi there

It seems that for earlier computers such as XP / W7 or even Linux machines connecting TO a W10 machine causes problems unless you connect via an IP address.

Even if you apply the "Fix automatically" it still doesn't work and if you re-try the INCOMING connection you've STILL got the same diagnostic. (Note this is for computers connecting TO w10 not W10 connecting TO OTHER computers that way round works in all cases).

I've tried also netsh winsock reset but that din't fix it either.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 10, 2014

2. PC and Laptop not seen to each other on home network after update KB3116900 W10

After W10 update KB3116900 I can connect to internet with my PC and Laptop but not each other. Error on both is "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" and " Windows sockets registry for network connectivity are missing"

Desktop and printer connected to router via TPLink powerline. Laptop is WiFi. Desktop gets the printer but not the laptop. Uninstalled KB3116900 and reset Winsock but no change. Help please.

Ralph Green13, Oct 10, 2014
  3. Pawel.S Win User
    when I turn on my computer I have got something like no internet access

Hello

I have very strange issue about my connection to internet each time when I turn on my computer I have got something like no internet access

Windows Network Diagnostics

L: Publisher details

Issues found

L: One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer
    Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing.

Not fixed

Restore network protocols to default settings

Completed

Issues found

L: Detection details

Not fixed

Windows Network Diagnostics

L: Publisher details

Issues found

L: One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

Not fixed

Restore network protocols to default settings

Completed

Issues found

L: Detection details

Not fixed

any one cat help me with this one??

many thanks

Pawel.S, Oct 10, 2014
  4. topgundcp Win User

@jimbo45
    I did have problem accessing Windows 10 from my Windows 8.1 PC/Media Player. So here's what I did to fix. If you wish, you can try. Copy/Paste and save as reg file then merge into registry.
    From Admin Command: run ipconfig /flushdns
    Reboot your PC.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanServer\Parameters]
    "NullSessionPipes"=hex(7):6c,00,61,00,6c,00,61,00,6c,00,61,00,00,00,00,00
    "restrictnullsessaccess"=dword:00000000
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa]
    "everyoneincludesanonymous"=dword:00000001
    "NoLmHash"=dword:00000000

topgundcp, Oct 10, 2014
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

No go I'm afraid --same error as before.

cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 10, 2014
  6. I tried the "LanmanServer" and "everyoneincludesanonymous" hacks that allow my media box to talk to W7.
    They didn't work.

I noticed that the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanServer\Parameters] key in W10 is different to the W7 one.

When I ran the W10 "Troubleshooter" I got this message:

W10 INCOMING connections - missing network protocols [​IMG]

lehnerus2000, Oct 10, 2014
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Even if you "Correct" via this - it still doesn't work - even after reboot of ALL computers on the LAN.

There's definitely something in Networking on W10 that's changed.

I tested it again with a W7 X-64 computer to double check --it can SEE the W10 computer but can't access it's shares unless as before you access it via IP address rather than Hostname. The W10 machine has no problems accessing W7 computer's shares also via HOSTNAME.

Now Ms might not worry about access from Linux or XP but it will HAVE to do something about the W7 access. Many businesses are still on W7 and they have to sell W10 to these customers.

So to recap - It's access TO W10 FROM W7 not the other way around which works perfectly.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 10, 2014
  8. Kari Win User

As long as the Linux machines belong to same workgroup than Windows 10, I have no issues in connecting using computername instead of IP. Here CentOS vm connected to a shared backup drive on Windows 10 using computername:

9. Is your W10 install "real" or virtual?

lehnerus2000, Oct 11, 2014
  10. Kari Win User
    Real, clean install on a laptop.

11. It's working now.

My "real" LM17 can access files on W10TP VM.
    I didn't make any changes to the VM (I reversed the Registry hacks I tried).

I must have forgot to use "smb:" when I was playing around yesterday. *Redface

I like the new attachment manager on TenForums. *Smile

12. Kari Win User
    Yeah SMB is important.

I got file sharing from / to Linux (CentOS, Mint, Suse) to work simply by installing Samba and setting Linux machines to same workgroup than my Windows workgroup.

13. W10 INCOMING connections - missing network protocols

I meant that I must have typed the address incorrectly:
    //192.168.118.128
    instead of:
    smb://192.168.118.128 *Redface

14. Kari Win User
    My bad *Redface.

You get it working without IP, with computer names?

15. It was "My bad", not yours. *Smile

I have also been able to connect an XP VM to the W10TP VM (on LM17 Host) and share files each way (using Windows Explorer and File Explorer).

I haven't tried connecting by typing in the PC names yet.
    I'm assuming that Windows Explorer and File Explorer use the PC names by default (based on previous usage).

Thema:

1. W10 INCOMING connections - missing network protocols - Similar Threads - W10 INCOMING connections

2. Missing Network Protocols

in Browsers and Email
    Missing Network Protocols: I'm trying to get to Gibson's Research website. I cannot access it. I'm being told I'm missing network protocols. Haven't a clue. Any idea's. How do I find what protocols I'm missing. Windows 10 on a Dell Venue 8 pro tablet. Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Edge cannot...
  3. One or more network protocols missing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One or more network protocols missing?: So I've had this issue for about three days now. I am able to connect to my home router, but I am unable to connect to the Internet. Troubleshooter said "One or more network protocols are missing". Not sure what happened, never touched networking except for connecting to my...
  4. Network Protocols Missing

Network Protocols Missing: Noted immediately after 1511 total system update, yet may have been inherited from an earlier build... All is working well, yet Network Troubleshooter reports "one or more network protocols is missing." Various posted remedies have been verified or implemented, to no...
  5. One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing

One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing: So I let Windows fix it for me, and I usually need to toggle my WiFi connection off and back on again. But then I have the same connection problem again. I read there was some recent update from Microsoft causing this problem. Does anyone know who to get rid of it...
  6. Missing Protocols

Missing Protocols: I am attempting to use my Internet but it will not let me to put it straightforwardly. It shows a connection but will not let me use it. I ran the troubleshooter and it tells me I'm missing one or more network protocols and asks me if I'd like to try fixes as admin. I...
  7. Missing Network Protocols Windows 10

Missing Network Protocols Windows 10: What can be done about "Missing Network Protocols", Windows 10 both computers/laptops? 41422
  8. Can't get network to connect after reinstall (Missing protocols)

Can't get network to connect after reinstall (Missing protocols): I've been having some weird issues with my computer lately, so this weekend I decided to just do a full wipe and clean reinstall. So I got a fresh Win10 image from Microsoft, and installed that. However, after I was done I couldn't connect to the internet, and the diagnostics...
  9. Network protocols missing, can not connect to only ONE COMPUTER

Network protocols missing, can not connect to only ONE COMPUTER: First of all, I want to say that I've tried every solution there is for this problem, from reinstalling drivers, wifi card, all cmd commands and even importing working registry values, from another computer... In short, nothing worked. Laptop "P"=windows 10, hp laptop,...
  10. VPN incoming Network connection

VPN incoming Network connection: Hi, on Win 7 I created an incoming VPN connection Using my laptop to VPN to that PC I not only had access to my own network, but also could use Internet with my home IP address. This helped in watching TV when in a foreign country *Smile I have tried to connect both to...