Windows 10: W10 Kills Connection Realtek\Netgear Network Adaptor /w XP Quad Boot

Discus and support W10 Kills Connection Realtek\Netgear Network Adaptor /w XP Quad Boot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All. I run a Quad Boot Menu. Windows XP Home, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 8.1 Pro and Windows 10 Pro. All 3 previous OS versions worked fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Giffro, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Giffro Win User

W10 Kills Connection Realtek\Netgear Network Adaptor /w XP Quad Boot

Hi All. I run a Quad Boot Menu. Windows XP Home, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 8.1 Pro and Windows 10 Pro. All 3 previous OS versions worked fine from the menu till I added the Windows 10 OS to that same menu. When restarting or rebooting FROM Windows 10 I found that the Realtek\Netgear GA311 Network Adaptor was being disabled or turned off by Windows 10 and then upon entering XP via the menu I had no connection. Funnily enough the versions W7 and W8.1 were fine after starting either OS via the menu and they restarted the connection to the adaptor. It seemed to have been caused by the most current driver in Windows 10 for the Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller - driver version 9.1.401.2015..it seems the older driver is a better choice in this instance.
    I replaced the driver with the Windows 7 driver version 7.046.0610.2011 and XP had no further connection issues when starting it from my menu. As you can see the W7 driver is an older one but it cured the problem. I have always run a dual boot menu in the past with XP and Windows 7 so dual booting is something I have always done for the past 20 years back as far as window 95 and 98 etc.
    I'm not sure if this info is of any use to anybody unless they have Windows 10 and XP using a dual boot menu plus that same Netgear GA311 Gigabit Ethernet Adaptor. (XP reports the adaptor correctly as a Netgear GA311 Gigabit Ethernet Adaptor while W7, W8.1 and W10 report it as a Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller.)
    ps. The menu was created using the well known and respected EasyBCD 2.2

:)

Giffro, Aug 8, 2015
  2. Rprentice Win User

Windows 10 November Update - cannot see other network devices

Sounds familiar. I have 2 W10 machines, a W7 and a XP on a workgroup network. If I shut all of them down and boot either XP or W7 machine
    first, everything is wonderful. However, if I boot a W10 machine first, the second booted W10 can't see the first computer in the network window even though I can connect be typing \\firstcomputer in the network window's address field...although
    it might require several attempts.

I'd be curious to see if this can be replicated by anyone else - shutting all computers down and booting an OS prior to W10, first.

This issue is a result of the 1511 update. Because my network worked fine before the update I have to assume the problem is not my computers. Sure seems like this would be an easy fix for MS -- but nothing, yet.

Rprentice, Aug 8, 2015
  3. bratts5 Win User
    Help on Dual Boot

Hi,

I have a laptop which was running W7 & I recently upgraded to W10 & is working fine. I need to load a software which is compatible with XP version only so I need to install XP (with SP3) as a dual boot option. Upon checking, I was told that it is not possible
    to dual boot W10 with W-XP. Can anyone help & share his/her views whether it could be achieved or not ???

Regards

Bratts

bratts5, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

W10 Kills Connection Realtek\Netgear Network Adaptor /w XP Quad Boot

1. W10 Kills Connection Realtek\Netgear Network Adaptor /w XP Quad Boot - Similar Threads - W10 Kills Connection

2. Network adaptors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adaptors: I have a surface 3 laptop running on windows 10 with wifi modem.Suddenly stopped working with message ‘No internet detected’. Toggled power on laptop and modem, no joy. wifi is fine on other devices so no issues with wifi as such. Advised to install a wifi usb which got me...
  3. Network adaptor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adaptor: Hello i am trying to reinstall my network adpotor for my windows 10 pc. I just got this pc and i was trying to figure out why i could not connect to internet when i Deleted my network adpotor. When ever i try to do a hardware scan it does not pop up again. Please someone...
  4. Network adaptor not detected on first boot

Network adaptor not detected on first boot: Everytime I start the computer first time after it is shutdown the network adaptor is not detected. After a restart, the network adaptor gets detected automatically and everything works fine. This problem occurs only on the first boot....
  5. MS Display adaptor not connecting - not activty shown on network adaptor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Display adaptor not connecting - not activty shown on network adaptor: HI I have recently bought an MS display adaptor. It has connected to both my Lenovo ThinkPad and Asus UX305UA Both windows 10 successfully but only once or twice. 95% of the time it does not work. I have checked and my wifi drivers are up to date as well as the intel...
  6. Safe Boot w/ Networking

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Safe Boot w/ Networking: Hello, I am having an issue with safe boot with networking. It is asking me for a password, for context I only have one account mine which is an administrator and it is a NON local account I signed in with my Microsoft account. When I go into safe boot, I input my Microsoft...
  7. network adaptors

network adaptors: i have just installed a usb network adaptor on my pc can i link the pc adaptor to the usb adaptor to boost signal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adaptors/543b3297-9579-4534-b667-70621a16baaf
  8. XP dual boot with W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    XP dual boot with W10: Have read a shed-load of info on here about dual booting XP and W10...just need to clarify a few bits! I need to retain XP due to a hardware/software issue where the hardware will only run with XP... In preparation I have partitioned my HDD to C:\ 78GB (XP) and the...
  9. XP dual boot with W10

in Windows 10 Support
    XP dual boot with W10: Have read a shed-load of info on here about dual booting XP and W10...just need to clarify a few bits! I need to retain XP due to a hardware/software issue where the hardware will only run with XP... In preparation I have partitioned my HDD to C:\ 78GB (XP) and the...
  10. Network adaptor has disappeared when upgrading to W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network adaptor has disappeared when upgrading to W10: I'm running 8.1 and successfully upgraded to 10 last night. Unfortunately, my network adaptor has disappeared and I have no available WIFI connections. The only option is to connect via ethanet which unfortunately my Lenovo Yoga cannot do. I cannot troubleshoot without an...