Windows 10: W10 laptop keeps asking for network login

Discus and support W10 laptop keeps asking for network login in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 4 W10 computers 1 desktop 1 2 HP elitebook 3 HP mini 4 desktop 2 all talk to the nas they all talk via the homegroup via file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ruggb, Sep 18, 2015.

1. ruggb Win User

W10 laptop keeps asking for network login

I have 4 W10 computers
    1 desktop 1
    2 HP elitebook
    3 HP mini
    4 desktop 2

all talk to the nas
    they all talk via the homegroup

via file explorer - networks:
    the mini talks to the desktop 1 and elitebook
    the desktop 1 talks to the mini and elitebook
    the elitebook will talk to the mini but keeps asking for a login to talk to the desktop 1

I have not brought desktop 2 into this yet.
    the desktop 1, mini and elitebook are configured the same under network/advanced
    all in the same workgroup
    the elitebook has HP client security installed but I can find nothing in there that would cause this.

the the desktop 1 and mini do not ask for a login for any connection.
    So why is the elitebook asking for login to the desktop 1 and not the mini?

:)

ruggb, Sep 18, 2015
  2. slackir Win User

Windows 10 upgrade

I installed the upgrade. At the login in screen it is asking for an HP password. I installed on an HP Envy laptop and is asking for an HP password instead of the Microsoft password that I had setup before. Before the W10 install, I had the Microsoft
    login to accept a fingerprint scan or a Microsoft password. The password doesn't work. What now? the computer will not continue without a password.

slackir, Sep 18, 2015
  3. N8 keeps asking for network connection

Hi All,

every time i take the key lock off my n8 is says on the screen "network connection required. define access point to connect? yes or no" and its driving me insane! it also does it when i am using it some times too. i have tried widgets online and off
    line but its still the same and make sure i have no applications running.

when i do allow it then nothing happens, it just connects to the wireless if indoors or mobile web outdoors briefly and will ask again soon after. the only thing i can think is its the email pinging but i have set them to check every 30 mins and the stupid
    thing it asks seems more frequent.

i did get my old 5800 to connect without ever asking of it was ok but i cant seem to find it on the N8 so is it poss and where OR whats causing this annoying popup?

thanks in advance!!!!

Mark

markcoe69---01, Sep 18, 2015
  4. linw Win User

Don't know why this is so but why not add the desktop credentials to the elitebook?

Many of us have been through these puzzles and I have windows credentials added to my comps whether they need them or not!

Don't forget, the credential username is in the form of computername\username.

5. ruggb Win User
    thx, THAT WORKED
    I tried a couple of ideas for login but had no idea what it was looking for.
    OR even why it was looking for it since my other computers had no trouble - once I configured them correctly.

ruggb, Sep 18, 2015
  6. linw Win User
    Great. Whatever it takes...!!

linw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 laptop keeps asking for network login - Similar Threads - W10 laptop keeps

2. Onedrive as Network drive keeps asking for credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive as Network drive keeps asking for credentials: Everything I log out / restart my PC I have to login to my OneDrive which I have set as Network Drive.I have to remove the "MicrosoftAccount\" part and I can click ok to connect it already has the right password in place. Clicking the "Remember my credentials" does has no...
  3. Onedrive as Network drive keeps asking for credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive as Network drive keeps asking for credentials: Everything I log out / restart my PC I have to login to my OneDrive which I have set as Network Drive.I have to remove the "MicrosoftAccount\" part and I can click ok to connect it already has the right password in place. Clicking the "Remember my credentials" does has no...
  4. Onedrive as Network drive keeps asking for credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. W10 keeps asking for what program to open a file with

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 keeps asking for what program to open a file with: Hi, W10 randomly keeps asking what program to use to open a file, but the filetypes and programs are already associated and been working before. It even knows what's the program to use when asking for it. I need to confirm everything then it's ok for a while, until it...
  6. web Sites keeps asking for login

web Sites keeps asking for login: web Sites keeps asking for login Laptop:Microsoft Surface Pro 5th Gen Model 1769 OS:Win 10 . Default web browser : google chrome No problem with saving file on desktop or documents folder. Problem :Outlook 365 and web Sites like twitter,gmail,trello keep asking for login...
  7. Windows 10 keeps asking for a login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 keeps asking for a login password: Suddenly windows 10 is asking me to log in every time i turn my PC on. The weird part is there are 2 users to choose from. Both have the same name my name but my password only works for one of them. If i go into the "netplwiz" there is only one user. I already have "user...
  8. Login screen keeps asking for password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login screen keeps asking for password: Hello,My windows 10 login screen keeps asking for microsoft password/pin after restart or turning pc on everytime after "password is incorrect" message.This happened after i'd entered a wrong microsoft password in Google Chrome's password manager,i had to recover account...
  9. Windows Live Mail keeps asking to login

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail keeps asking to login: just upgraded my mother's Dell Windows 7 Home 64 Bit PC to Windows 10 64 Bit Home. I'd already done this with my own system (exactly the same except mine's a home built computer) without any issues. Everything went fine on hers except for two a couple of issues one being...
  10. OneDrive keeps asking me to login

OneDrive keeps asking me to login: Are there any temporary files, settings, etc. I can set CCleaner to avoid cleaning, because every time I restart my computer, OneDrive keeps asking for my Microsoft account to continue using it. In a similar fashion, the same behavior can be observed if OneDrive is run...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 lost network connection to laptop now asking for password which does not work