Windows 10: W10 Login woes

Discus and support W10 Login woes in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have two login issues. 1. After installing W10, it seems rebooting brings up two accounts with the same email address. The first account is linked... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by epete, Nov 23, 2015.

1. epete Win User

W10 Login woes

I have two login issues.

1. After installing W10, it seems rebooting brings up two accounts with the same email address. The first account is linked to my live.com account and uses the live.com password to login. The live.com login is what I wanted and I set up the PC to auto login with those credentials. But now this second login option pops up and kills the auto login. This second login seems to allow for a local or domain login. How do I disable that second login option?

2. I was putting up with item 1, but today I have managed to lock myself out altogether. Since I have my W10 connected to a TV and am viewing from a distance, I right clicked on the desktop and changed the font size to 150%. It asked me to logoff so that this change could take effect. When coming back up the live.com logon password box only seems to take 5 characters. My password is 9 characters. I am now locked out of my PC.

I am now on my Chromebook and have confirmed the live.com password is still valid (just in case that is the problem). What do I do now?

:)

epete, Nov 23, 2015
  2. Emily_F Win User

Want day of week, date and time in small taskbar

Thanks Alan, my problem is completely solved thanks to your help. T-Clock Redux does exactly what I want. (If only there were such simple solutions to all my W10 woes!)

Emily_F, Nov 23, 2015
  3. W10 fresh installation woes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article and check if that helps.

How to upgrade from the Windows 10 Insider Preview to Windows 10 RTM build

How to upgrade from the Windows 10 Insider Preview to Windows 10 RTM build

You may also refer to the article given below.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Nov 23, 2015
  4. epete Win User

W10 Login woes

I have the second and most important issue figured out. I just purchased a new keyboard and was using it for the first time. One of the keys was not working so it seemed like I was unable to enter any more in the password box, pressing other keys allowed me to go beyond 5 characters. Using my old keyboard; I was able to login.

So at this point, I am just looking for info on the two logins. Why does this happen and how to remove the local login.

epete, Nov 23, 2015
  5. DustSailor, Nov 23, 2015
  6. Go through the auto logon setup again. When the box pops up with your username and where you enter your password twice, change your username to the email address you use for your live ID. They should be linked buy they are not. I got the same dual entry logon window you did. I then changed my username to my e-mail and it worked.

alphanumeric, Nov 23, 2015
  7. epete Win User
    Thanks. I will try both of your suggestions.

epete, Nov 23, 2015
  8. epete Win User

W10 Login woes

the solution was that I needed to verify my email address and enter the code into windows. My password key size issue is confirmed to be a logitech keyboard issue.

epete, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

W10 Login woes

1. W10 Login woes - Similar Threads - W10 Login woes

2. Printing Woes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing Woes: This is a new problem from a previously working setup. It started perhaps two weeks ago.I don't print a lot. When I do want to print something, and click print, I know communication is taking place, because the printer will immediately make noise and the carriage moves back...
  3. Upgrade woes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade woes: G'day Currently on 1909 and trying to upgrade to 20H2. I always do clean installs when moving on to a new version of Windows 10 and have thus far never experienced any issues using the DVD method. I earlier began the process of creating a new ISO using the Media Creation...
  4. Download Woes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download Woes: I’m still struggling to download Minecraft Dungeons to my PC. It started to download then I wake up to an error. Not the first time it’s had an error so I just click the arrow thing to resume. 0.10kb out of 2.96GB or whatever it is. It was obviously downloaded way more than...
  5. Bluetooth Woes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Woes: First time posting here so here it goes. For months i've been playing games on my computer with my PS4 controller connected wirelessly. Then I deleted windows and redownloaded so I could partition more space (currently using my Mac as a gaming laptop at the moment) for extra...
  6. Update Woes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Woes: This is just an opinion for discussion, so far I was able to correct things. To Microsoft: Why do you keep updating Windows 10? And why must you set everything on my PC back to defaults? Do you know how long it takes to reset everything back on my PC? And this...
  7. W10 Login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    W10 Login screen: So my problem is that everytime i boot windows i have to press the OK button bellow the "other user" sign-in to be able to select my actual user on the bottom left corner. Its kind off annoying to do this everytime. Is there a option to get my user as default instead of...
  8. Login woes in Safe Mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login woes in Safe Mode: I am working on a computer running Windows 10, 64-bit. The model computer is an HP 15-f211wm laptop. A friend brought it over saying there was a problem with sound and thought it may be infected. I saw Malwarebytes was already installed. I updated it using an ethernet...
  9. WordPad Woes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WordPad Woes...: Hello. I've been having issues w/ Windows WordPad for quite some time (yrs.), but am just getting around to seeking help for lack of importance. It's important now as I'm using it primarily for cut & paste as church historian. My Issue: all of the text shows on the PC screen...
  10. Networking woes again (W10)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking woes again (W10): Hi there Networking connectivity seems to get broken every so often -- I have shares on two W10 machines (Local accounts) that connect just fine. If I come back to the computer say 45 mins later I get the computers can see each other but cannot connect to the shares ---...