Windows 10: W10 mail app - how to show 3 columns (Surface 3)

Discus and support W10 mail app - how to show 3 columns (Surface 3) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I have two tablets: Lenovo yoga 700 (11in) Surface 3 (10.8in) Why does my mail app on the surface not show the email preview column,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Onnoj, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Onnoj Win User

W10 mail app - how to show 3 columns (Surface 3)

Hi,

I have two tablets:
    Lenovo yoga 700 (11in)
    Surface 3 (10.8in)

Why does my mail app on the surface not show the email preview column, (furthest right). Instead when I select an email it brings it up on full screen.

Both tablets are running the same version , 17.6965.41051.0

My initial thoughts is something to do with scaling on the surface as I believe I have exhausted the inbuilt options on the app. Also because the screen sizes are so similar.

Any help appreciated.

See attached screenshots.

J

W10 mail app - how to show 3 columns (Surface 3) [​IMG]

W10 mail app - how to show 3 columns (Surface 3) [​IMG]

:)

Onnoj, Jul 31, 2016
  2. TomGuest Win User

W10 Apps Keep Closing

Since I upgraded to W10 yesterday Mail and Calander keep closing for no reason. . They open but as soon as you attempt to scroll in the app it just closes. What gives?

I am on a Surface Pro 3.

TomGuest, Jul 31, 2016
  3. Surface 3 Apps not showing

Hello,

Please provide us more information to help you further.

• Is this issue confined to any particular app?

• Are you able to see the app and cannot access?

• Pleas provide us a screen shot of the start menu to better understand the issue?

I also suggest you to restart the tablet and check if it helps.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 31, 2016
Thema:

W10 mail app - how to show 3 columns (Surface 3)

1. W10 mail app - how to show 3 columns (Surface 3) - Similar Threads - W10 mail app

2. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  3. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  4. Surface pro 3

Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  5. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 3: I bought a Surface Laptop 3 today. After setting up a laptop updated, then I can not launch any setting apps like Settings, Personalisation etc. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> ms-settings ms-settings : The term 'ms-settings' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function,...
  6. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3: I recently bought the Surface Laptop 3, and I was wondering how long the battery usually lasts people. I am using it for high school classes, so nothing too serious should be using up the battery. I've been using it for about 4 hours and it went down about 40% already. The...
  7. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  8. surface pro 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 3: lost admin rights on pc and surface pro3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-3/1fa4e483-afcb-4eec-9f85-15b3b50f064f
  9. Mail will not open on my Surface 3

Mail will not open on my Surface 3: After doing a Windows Update, I am unable to open my mail. What should I do? ***Moved from Surface / Surface 3 / Install, update, and repair***...
  10. SDHC And Surface 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SDHC And Surface 3: I just got a new Surface 3 and want to add a SDHC Sandisk 128GB Extreme Plus. It is pre-formated exFAT. Is this proper for this machine? Should it be formatted NTFS? As the Surface 3 has 64gb I want to move all my folders, pictures, video, appdata/roaming over to it as well...