Windows 10: W10 not shut down or recover from sleep

Discus and support W10 not shut down or recover from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Like many, I have suddenly become a W10 shut down/recover from sleep victim. My W10 Toshiba laptop cannot perform these functions, at all. I made some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by peacockhill, May 17, 2016.

1. W10 not shut down or recover from sleep

Like many, I have suddenly become a W10 shut down/recover from sleep victim. My W10 Toshiba laptop cannot perform these functions, at all. I made some tweaks you folks recommended to no avail, but no luck. Thanks, Royan

:)

peacockhill, May 17, 2016
  2. TorQS Win User

Windows 10 Randomly Shutting Down My PC

I just had Microsoft for $49 reinstall W10 as it was completely corrupted and could not be reset. Unfortunately the system still shuts down as described by Sam and can be restarted just like it had been shut down in Sleep mode. Has anyone figured out what
    the problem is? It started after initially installing W10

TorQS, May 17, 2016
  3. System crashing since 1709 update

My PC is still shutting down (going into sleep mode) every few days. It seems to coincide with app updates being installed. This never happened with previous W10 versions. Is there a way of stopping this?

AndrewBanks#keyboard, May 17, 2016
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

W10 not shut down or recover from sleep

Thema:

W10 not shut down or recover from sleep

1. W10 not shut down or recover from sleep - Similar Threads - W10 shut down

2. Shutting down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutting down instead of sleeping: When I put it on sleep, it automatically shuts down. I have to force restart every time and loose all my work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-instead-of-sleeping/b554dbef-82c7-49ea-ba8a-38c45e25613e
  3. Shutting down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutting down instead of sleeping: When I put it on sleep, it automatically shuts down. I have to force restart every time and loose all my work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-instead-of-sleeping/b554dbef-82c7-49ea-ba8a-38c45e25613e
  4. "Sleep" is shutting down pc.

in Windows 10 Support
    "Sleep" is shutting down pc.: my pc used to "go to sleep" without any issue. latly ive install my windows on protable ssd drive, and since then "Sleep" is shutting down pc. the option "sleep" is visible but i acutually turning of pc. what does this happen? is it related to the fact the the system is...
  5. Sleep occcasionallly shuts down

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep occcasionallly shuts down: About one in ten times, W10 Pro (64-bit) shuts down instead of auto-sleeps. This began after a z390a motherboard was replaced by an identical board. Every suggestion at this site has been tried. SFC is clean. The latest Intel MEI is installed. Video driver is up-to-date....
  6. Sleep and Shut Down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and Shut Down: Using Windows 10. After last update, when I put my computer to sleep and then close the lid, it shuts itself down. Power settings are all as before the update.....I selected the option to have the computer go to sleep when the lid is closed. Anyone else having this...
  7. Laptop shuts down instead of resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down instead of resuming from sleep: Recently, my laptop started doing this. I'd say in the last 3-4 weeks. It goes to sleep when I shut the lid or put it to sleep, but shuts off when lid is opened, power button is pressed, etc. It's a Lenovo P51s, version 20H. All updates are current, both Microsoft and...
  8. Winver 1803 No recover from sleep. Starts and shuts down.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Winver 1803 No recover from sleep. Starts and shuts down.: Continual forced updates from version 1607 to 1803 on an Intel X58 based computer causes a shutdown when resuming from sleep. I'm running 1607 as this is the restore media I have. Have been successful up to version 1703. After that version updates to 1803 I'll detail what...
  9. Computer restarts after clicking shut down or sleep after W10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer restarts after clicking shut down or sleep after W10 upgrade: First I want to apologize if this post is in the wrong section, I have never used these forums before. I have also searched around for answers to my issue but none seem to have the same problem. So here we go, mind that I just upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and the problems...
  10. W10 won't shut down fully

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 won't shut down fully: Hi, Win+x and type uu or right click the start button and use those power and shutdown options always work :/