Windows 10: W10 on Eee Pc 701sd!

Discus and support W10 on Eee Pc 701sd! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've just clean installed Windows 10 on my Eee PC 701sd (with 64gb ssd), which had Windows 7 on it - and used the tutorial for clean install without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hazel123, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Hazel123 Win User

W10 on Eee Pc 701sd!

I've just clean installed Windows 10 on my Eee PC 701sd (with 64gb ssd), which had Windows 7 on it - and used the tutorial for clean install without upgrading first, to activate.

I have been having problems with Windows 7 on it recently after running it with that on for a few years. Since December the Windows Updates have had lots of issues and the machine is quite slow at Windows updates at the best of times, and it was due for a refresh, so thought I would try Windows 10 on it.

It's worked better than I thought. Everything working well. The only issue (which I expected) is the screen resolution - it's not that bad, but slightly stretched (not that noticeable) and Windows didn't manage to find a driver for that. I had the same thing with Windows 7 and had to manually install an ACPI driver. Might try that again in compatibility mode (if I can find where I saved the driver).

Anyway it runs fine without it. Windows 10 windows are all useable and resolution looks fine, and they fit on the page with the option to scroll down. My antivirus program page doesn't fit on the screen is the only issue so far but I can drag the screen. Internet is fine. Haven't tried anything else so far.

But just wanted to share. I now have clean installs of Windows 10 running perfectly on:

HP Pavilion DM4 1050ea
    Asus Eee PC 904HA (no issues there)

And not quite perfect but pretty good on the Asus Eee PC 701sd. The 701sd is the one with the removable/upgradeable mini ssd, and I had upgraded it from 8gb to 64gb a few years ago, and 2gb Ram.

:)

Hazel123, Jul 18, 2016

2. Eeepc 1215N ACPI Driver

Hello NormandLG, I tried the explainations and had no success as well..

But now it is working great! Here is how i was able to "delete" the pop-up message

Steps:

1 - install the "Asus KB Filter" (from ATK) and "Hotkey Service" (from Others) for Windows 8 32bits from EEE PC VX6S (Official Support | ASUS Global).

2 - Install "Elantech Touchpad Driver" (from TouchPad) from EEE PC T101MT (Official Support | ASUS Global).

3 - Download "Touch Series Application" (from utilities) from EEE PC T101MT (Official Support | ASUS Global),
    unzip, and install "2DoorWay" (TouchAP\TouchSuite\2DoorWay\2DoorWay.exe)" and "PenWrite" (TouchAP\PenWrite\Setup.exe).

It's working fine now.

AdrianoValente, Jul 18, 2016
  3. GordonB-P Win User
    asus eee pc 1000h problem with win 10

Looks like it might be in Tablet mode?

BTW, I'm surprised that an Eee pc 1000 will even run Windows 10 - I have an Eee pc 1001 and it's only got 2GB RAM max....

GordonB-P, Jul 18, 2016
  4. Hazel123 Win User

W10 on Eee Pc 701sd!

Found the ACPI driver and installed it in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode. It installed and the screen resolution options show up but don't seem to do anything if selected, so that didn't seem to work.

I have read things about people extracting the .inf file from a driver, but could never work out how to do it. Can anyone advise on that please?

Hazel123, Jul 18, 2016
  5. Kbird Win User
    Hi , I actually have Win10 on my EeePC 1005HA after putting Win7 on it a few years ago too , did it a few months ago though, but I think I had to update the Intel Graphics Driver to get the Native 1024 x 600? , not sure if I used a standard intel driver or a hacked one like DanielK's though. You are Right though the standard Settings Window is to big for the screen but scrolls okay , Avast is an issue sometimes too.

Not sure if your's uses intel graphics too?

mine is the intel 945 Express Chipset but the driver is old , from 2009 according to Device Manager and is Version is 8.15.10.1930
    (makes sense the EeePC is at least that old)

Kbird, Jul 18, 2016
  6. Hazel123 Win User
    Mine is Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset family. I have the latest version from the Asus site for this model which is 6.14.10.4704.

I can't remember what I did when I installed Windows 7 - but I'm sure I had to install the ACPI driver and possibly the VGA driver. Anyway tried installing the VGA driver in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 and Vista SP2 and no luck.

Which is Daniel K's hacked driver please? I tried installing the ACPI yesterday but didn't like it and started from scratch again today just trying the VGA driver.

Hazel123, Jul 19, 2016
  7. Hazel123 Win User
    Looking in device manager, the ACPI driver seems to have been installed by Windows anyway. So far I have set VGA driver to run in compatibility mode in XP sP3 and then tried to update it via device manager. It came up as recognising the driver and said it wasn't compatible for this version of Windows. So if you know of a hacked driver I'd be grateful W10 on Eee Pc 701sd! :)

I know it's old hardware but I have a box full of these, all in working order. This is the only one with 60GB ssd on. It's kind of a bit of a hobby collecting them and tinkering with them and I really like using them. Although the hobby is wearing a bit thin now I've tried our Son's ipod touch which is much faster. Windows 10 seems fast enough to me on one of these though - if I could sort the graphics driver.

Hazel123, Jul 19, 2016
  8. Kbird Win User

W10 on Eee Pc 701sd!

sorry Hazel , didn't see your replies my Ten Forums emails have been going to junk mail the last 3 days , should of realised when I didn't see any "Ten" emails yesterday.

The ACPI Driver is used by Windows for Power Management and ? as far as I know

It was the VGA Driver for my Intel Graphics I messed with as the default Win10 driver does not include the Intel Control Panel Applet or Functions , at least it didn't ? my EeePc actually updated to Win10 version .494 yesterday

A Win7 Graphics Driver should work under Win10 , try that not a Win XP or Vista one.

Yes it is surprisingly good for a Netbook that came with XP , I don't use it a lot now as I also got myself a M$ Surface 3 with Rewards Points late last yr .

I have Used Daniel K's hacked drivers for my computers SoundBlaster Soundcard for a number of yrs , but he also releases "fixes" for other things as , and when he needs them , I think all his Intel Graphics patch does is add the Control Panel back so you can adjust stuff
    just make sure your Chip is supported , I would still try the latest Win7 Driver 1st though from Intel. (not ASUS)

http://danielkawakami.blogspot.ca/20...ture-pack.html

Kbird, Jul 20, 2016
  9. Hazel123 Win User
    Thanks that is really helpful - I'll check out that site *Smile. I don't think there is a Windows 7 driver - I had to use the XP driver to run Windows 7 on the machine.

Hazel123, Jul 21, 2016
  10. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Jul 21, 2016
  11. Hazel123 Win User
    Brilliant! Thank you so much. Why can I never find anything like that on google lol. And it shows how to install the .inf which is what I never quite knew how to do - thanks. Off to try that ........

Hazel123, Jul 21, 2016
  12. Did this work? I have Win 10 pro x86 installed on my ancient Asus Z71A laptop (Mobile Intel 915GM chipset) and have never been able to find a video driver to make the screen fit my 1280x800 display.

Remarkably, Win10 runs fine on this old laptop, but otherwise, it's pretty slow. It boots up quickly, but that's about the only quick thing about it!

Pentium M, 915GM chipset, 2GB ram, 160GB HD.

speedlever, Jul 30, 2016
  13. Hazel123 Win User

W10 on Eee Pc 701sd!

I haven't had time to try yet unfortunately as am away from home with my Mum in hospital but will post back soon when I have.

Hazel123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

W10 on Eee Pc 701sd!

1. W10 on Eee Pc 701sd! - Similar Threads - W10 Eee 701sd

2. Which Windows OS for my Asus Eee PC 900?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which Windows OS for my Asus Eee PC 900?: Hey, umm, what Windows OS would be good for my Asus Eee PC 900? I know, it's almost 20 years old but i want to make it useful. So, what Windows OS would be perfect for my netbook?Here are the specs of my Eee PC 900: Intel Celeron M CPU, 900 MHz16 GB of SSD2 GB of RAMIntel GMA...
  3. Which Windows OS for my Asus Eee PC 900?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which Windows OS for my Asus Eee PC 900?: Hey, umm, what Windows OS would be good for my Asus Eee PC 900? I know, it's almost 20 years old but i want to make it useful. So, what Windows OS would be perfect for my netbook?Here are the specs of my Eee PC 900: Intel Celeron M CPU, 900 MHz16 GB of SSD2 GB of RAMIntel GMA...
  4. Resetting PC W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting PC W10: I just did a 'Reset this pc' on my old computer choosing the option to 'remove all of your personal files, apps, and settings.' to give away and installed windows via cloud. I'm worried that some of my account/emails/files will remain. Will this computer be a clean slate...
  5. Attempting to install Windows 10 on Eee PC 701/4G

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Attempting to install Windows 10 on Eee PC 701/4G: I'm attempting to install Windows 10 build 1809 from a cut-down Windows 10 ISO called Tiny 10. The ISO, when written to an SD card, starts to boot, but after 20 minutes of showing the Windows logo, crashes with an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD. I have seen multiple websites...
  6. Eee 901 pop ups

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Eee 901 pop ups: Recently installed Windows 10 on a pristine eee 901. It is running very nicely with 2gb ram. Some tips would be helpful if anyone else has installed on this pc. Windows installed all drivers and all works absolutely fine. Only thing missing is a driver for ACPI which allows...
  7. Asus EEE PC Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Asus EEE PC Resolution Issue: HI All Recently got given an ASUS EEE PC 1015CH running Windows 7 to have a play around on and to use for playing video, browsing etc. Nothing too strenuous. I tried to update it all and eventually got a load of updates and installed them. Whilst i was browsing how to fix...
  8. Help needed with driver for Eee X101CH

Help needed with driver for Eee X101CH: Hi, I installed Windows 10 on Asus Eee PC X101CH netbook. Everything is working great, since 10 isn't supported I installed all drivers for Windows 7 and they are working great with one exception. The most important driver does not work. The graphics driver. When I try to...
  9. Eee PC video driver not right

Eee PC video driver not right: I got ten on my Eee PC but I am having difficulty getting the right video driver installed. I am unable to adjust the screen resolution or extend the screen to a vga monitor that I have connected. The screen is blue or cyan but that might be due to the cable might be going...
  10. windows 10 on an Eee PC???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 on an Eee PC???: I am trying to put Windows 10 onto an Eee PC. The first attempt had an issue which was looking for some drivers. I am trying to redownload 10 as the first time the download got interrupted as the computer turned off due to battery issues. I am sitting close to the wireless...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. eeepc 701 windows 10

2. eee pc running w10

3. clean install win 10 on eee pc 1005ha

4. ssd for asus eee pc 701 sd,
  5. what windows will run on asus eee pc 701sd,
  6. eee pc 900hd w10