Windows 10: W10 opens seperate tab for firefox when opening with main firefox icon

Discus and support W10 opens seperate tab for firefox when opening with main firefox icon in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, lately I've been having an issue where Windows will open a separate tab for Firefox when i open it with the original pinned icon on my task... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by BrandonR188, Jul 30, 2015.

1. W10 opens seperate tab for firefox when opening with main firefox icon

Hello,

lately I've been having an issue where Windows will open a separate tab for Firefox when i open it with the original pinned icon on my task bar.. I've tried opening firefox and unpinning the pinned shortcut and pinning the opened one and restarting firefox and it didn't solve my issue.. ( i saw this fix on google ) and it turned out not to work.

I attached a screenshot of the problem, Thank You.

:)

BrandonR188, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Cake5 Win User

Is there a way to enable tab previews for the app icon like aero tab previews option in Firefox

In Firefox there's an option that allows you to view the open tabs when hovering over the application icon Internet Explorer style. Is there an option in Edge for that?

Thanks

Cake5, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Browser opens in MSN (Firefox)

Then, to recap, when Firefox opens

[1] one tab is MSN and one tab is the ISP homepage?

Or

[2] One instance of Firefox opens to the homepage and another instance of Firefox opens to MSN?

Have you checked Firefox add-ons to see if there's a MSN add-on?

Have you checked the Firefox home page(s)?

Don

Don Varnau, Jul 30, 2015
  4. W10 opens seperate tab for firefox when opening with main firefox icon

Solved!

Just uninstall Firefox and install it with the default settings ( basically let it create a desktop icon and such.. ) and it'll work just fine! changing where it installs is completely fine as well!

BrandonR188, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

W10 opens seperate tab for firefox when opening with main firefox icon

1. W10 opens seperate tab for firefox when opening with main firefox icon - Similar Threads - W10 opens seperate

2. Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox: As per question. It's really annoying. I hate Bing, cortana and just about everything else that microsoft forces upon me.Doesn't happen every time, probably once in every hundred but it really gets on my nerves.Edge has been thoroughly removed from the OS. Cortana is disabled...
  3. Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox: As per question. It's really annoying. I hate Bing, cortana and just about everything else that microsoft forces upon me.Doesn't happen every time, probably once in every hundred but it really gets on my nerves.Edge has been thoroughly removed from the OS. Cortana is disabled...
  4. Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox

in Cortana
  5. When multiple Firefox tabs are open, is there a way to rearrange the tabs on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When multiple Firefox tabs are open, is there a way to rearrange the tabs on the taskbar?: I have Firefox1, Firefox2, Firefox3, Word1, Word2, Edge1, Edge2 open in my taskbar bar. How can I get it to be: Firefox2, Word1, Firefox1, Firefox3, Edge1, etc. Right now when I try to move one Firefox tab it moves all the Firefox tabs. submitted by /u/aangsbison...
  6. Firefox Will Not Open

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Firefox Will Not Open: I am the administrator, yet this happens. I also tried restarting and reinstalling, but those did not work. Please help! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-will-not-open/2509c43c-d674-4629-a4a2-f5c304d7d551"
  7. BSOD When openning Firefox / Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When openning Firefox / Chrome: Hello. Windows 10 recently updated to version 1903 and since then I'm having a BSOD as soon as I open Firefox or Chrome. If I open edge it does open and I can browse find, however after a some random time I get the BSOD. I have tried all I can think of. I updated all the...
  8. Firefox downloading, but not opening

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox downloading, but not opening: *Banghead Hi all. I have posted previously on my problems in respect of Firefox downloading, but not opening. i have just completed my 15th download of Firefox with the same problem still recurring. It downloads, however, it refuses to open. I have always removed everything...
  9. Firefox - Open in new tab

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - Open in new tab: Just noticed this... Using FF in this forum, Right click on a dropdown item (like Forum Actions, Quick Links) does not have an option to open in new tab, like Chrome for example. But, you can drag/drop the dropdown choice to the New Tab "+" on the open tabs bar, and it will...
  10. Firefox And Opening Screen ?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox And Opening Screen ?: Hello, Have made Firefox my default Browser. New user to W10. Would like Firefox to open up (full screen) as soon as I log in to W10, and not just have that very pretty flower background show. How do I do this please ? Thanks, Bob 30552