Windows 10: W10 Phone - People App missing Send Message in contacts Profile

Discus and support W10 Phone - People App missing Send Message in contacts Profile in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Wife and I have W10 Icon phones running Build 14393.321. On my phone when I open People and select a contact it gives me a choice of Send Message or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Phone Man, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Phone Man Win User

W10 Phone - People App missing Send Message in contacts Profile

Wife and I have W10 Icon phones running Build 14393.321.
    On my phone when I open People and select a contact it gives me a choice of Send Message or Call Mobile.
    On the wife's phone the Send Message choice is missing.
    Can't find an option for this so any help is appreciated.

We both can go through the Messaging App and select a contact and it works.

Jim *Cool

:)

Phone Man, Oct 30, 2016

2. People App - Missing contacts

The People App in Windows 10 is missing contacts.

When I first installed W10 everything seemed to be OK, however, I've since found at least two contacts missing, adding, deleting or changing others all seem to work.

Any way to 'refresh'?

RichH_9000, Oct 30, 2016
  3. bass_gas Win User
    Windows Live Mail Contacts not Sync'd after installing purchased W10 CD.

Did all that earlier. DId not work. Now trying to use W10 Mail and the contacts in there do

not agree with Outlook.com. Missing contacts. I thought this was supposed to sync by itself. My android p[hone contacts agree with Outlook.com but W10 Mail on the PC does not. When I click on PEOPLE on the PC the correct contact is there. While I create
    a new email to send and type the name on the To: line for that contact the Mail program cannot find it. Its not all the contacts... just some of them.

bass_gas, Oct 30, 2016
  4. piki Win User

Hello to all.
    I have a similar situation to seek for help.
    Two weeks ago I upgraded my lumia 535 win 8.1 phone to win 10, with build No 10586.107. At about the same time my wife updated her lumia 550 win 10 phone to build No 14393.576.
    I have the option "send message" in the contact profile, so nothing changed during the upgrade. But my wife missed the option "send message" after the update, which was there just before! Now she has to open messages and choose the contact and send the message, which is annoying and consumes considerable amount of time, as she uses text messages very often.
    Is there a way to get back the option "send message"?
    I hope someone has the answer to fix it.
    I will be grateful.
    Happy new year!

piki, Jan 3, 2017
Thema:

1. W10 Phone - People App missing Send Message in contacts Profile - Similar Threads - W10 Phone App

2. Missing People in W10-Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing People in W10-Mail: I have an HP Laptop running W10 with W10 Mail. I don't have access to my People/Contacts for W10 Mail and have not had for a very long time. Where has it gone & can I get it back? My email address is .....@btinternet.com, so if I look on BT Mail it is not there either.If I...
  3. Missing People in W10-Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing People in W10-Mail: I have an HP Laptop running W10 with W10 Mail. I don't have access to my People/Contacts for W10 Mail and have not had for a very long time. Where has it gone & can I get it back? My email address is .....@btinternet.com, so if I look on BT Mail it is not there either.If I...
  4. Missing Text Message and Missing Contact on PC Phone Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Text Message and Missing Contact on PC Phone Link: I had a long text message from one Contact and Your Phone Companion chopped off some text from the middle of it. I download the new Phone Link app and this contact does not show on the pc but on the phone. How can I get this Contact show on the pc and be able to see the whole...
  5. Missing Text Message and Missing Contact on PC Phone Link

Missing Text Message and Missing Contact on PC Phone Link: I had a long text message from one Contact and Your Phone Companion chopped off some text from the middle of it. I download the new Phone Link app and this contact does not show on the pc but on the phone. How can I get this Contact show on the pc and be able to see the whole...
  6. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  7. contact list to people app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    contact list to people app: New computer with win 10. Set up all my email accounts in windows mail. moved contact list to new computer. How do I connect my contact list into People app so I can use them in email accounta?...
  8. People (contacts list) APP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    People (contacts list) APP: Why am I unable to edit my contacts list? When I click on a name and then click edit, the app seems to freeze up and then the app just shuts down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-contacts-list-app/489e52b2-0333-47d5-a9ab-c4b2b0d36bb3
  9. Importing contacts to People app

Importing contacts to People app: Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/importing-contacts-to-people-app/0d68f2a1-021b-436f-a663-d6cfd36ed24a
  10. Calendar and Contacts Missing in W10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Support
    Calendar and Contacts Missing in W10 Mail App: I finally got Mail App's email working. It picked up all the mail in my Outlook 2016 pst file.. However, it didn't pick up any of the events or people in the Calendar and Contacts from the same pst file. I thought that was supposed to happen. What do I need to do to import my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows phone send message missing