Windows 10: W10-pro shows W7-home but NOT W10-home in Explorer

Discus and support W10-pro shows W7-home but NOT W10-home in Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My W10-pro desktop does not show the W10-home on the multiboot laptop in Explorer whatever setting I use but it showed W7-home on that laptop as soon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jos, Sep 28, 2015.

1. JOS
    jos Win User

W10-pro shows W7-home but NOT W10-home in Explorer

My W10-pro desktop does not show the W10-home on the multiboot laptop in Explorer whatever setting I use but it showed W7-home on that laptop as soon as I switched to it. I can Ping the laptop both in W7-home and W10-home.
    W10-home on the laptop however showes all shared files on all other devices in my little home network where at the same time W10-pro (up to now) only shows the old W7-home and not W10-home.
    Shared folders on my older XP-pro desktop are shown in W7-pro and in W7-home AND in W10-home in Explorer like I am used to for years.
    Called Microsoft.nl: showed them how my computer was not showing the other computers and the Tenforums website with its many sharing/network issues. This was new to them but the W10 for free!! release+updates still had a long way to go before they would work as they should. He adviced me to run the W10-installation DVD again and select update to save my settings and only W10 would be repaired if needed to see if this would solve my problem as he thinks W10-registry/files/settings got corrupted since installation a month ago. Have to say that this behaviour is ongoing from W10 start on.
    Also have to say that if W10-pro is accessing W7-home it changes folder accounts over there in order for programs starting to complain not to be allowed to make changes and for instance the addressbok in Outlook is not valid anymore.

My advice would be not to use W10 and sharing in a home network until Microsoft gets this misbehaviour fixed!!!!§

:)

2. TomWitte Win User

Live mail tile won't work

I'm having the same issue with Calendar and Mail live tiles on a Surface Pro 3 I bought a week ago (it came with Windows 10 Pro pre-installed). The Calendar and Mail live tiles do not show or update with any information even though they are enabled.

Oddly, I just updated an old Samsung laptop to Windows 10 Home a couple days ago (from W7 Home) and all live tiles are working fine on that device. Home vs. Pro thing? Pre-installed vs. update thing? Both? Other? I dunno.

TomWitte, Sep 28, 2015
  3. rlin5741 Win User
    Windows Lockscreen Quick Status

I updated my Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, and my lockscreen quick status settings do not show options to add email and calendar. Another computer updated from Win 7 Home to Win 10 Home does show those settings.

I also had a problem with Windows Spotlight not showing up in my 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro upgrade, but OK in the 7 Home to 10 Home.

rlin5741, Sep 28, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Make sure the Everything account is given read/execute or full access.

Ztruker, Sep 29, 2015
  5. JOS
    jos Win User
    I have a lot of account issues on all computers W10 was running on so I rolled all back to W7. To discover that W10 has changed/added a lot of accounts on paritions, folders, files and registry if used. Not to mention it frequently told me that is was not able to work with connected hardware like it should evenso the needed drivers were installed properly.
    For instance: Word and Excell nw ask me at startup if I allow them to make changes on disk/registry. Never saw this before. And do not think you can change this with any trick I found in the internet up to now.
    W10 is messing up a lot in the background and Microsoft.nl told me that for a new version and for FREE you have to accept some bugs..............and on the phone from start on first offers a year support online for $125,- to solve all your problems.

Thema:

1. W10-pro shows W7-home but NOT W10-home in Explorer - Similar Threads - W10 pro shows

2. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  3. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  4. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro: I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade...
  6. Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?

Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?: I'm needing a workable procdure for this upgrade. Since its been a long time since I purchased a NEW manufactured system (usually build all my own desktops), I know little in what form the machine will be in at power up. Some history first: I have just purchased a Lenovo...
  7. W7 or W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W7 or W10: Hi everyone, I have got W10 for a while. Now I have upgraded my PC. But, Lots of part of the motherboard / sound, graphic / can't work properly, because their drivers were writing for W7. Under W10 they just work on basic level. The issue about the compatibility makes lags...
  8. W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network: Unfortunately my laptop had to be rolled back to W7 due to driver issues after the version 1803 update. Now I cannot get my home networking sharing working. I can see both computers but get "you do not have permission to access>>>>" warning on both pc when trying to access...
  9. W10 Home x64 (via upgrade W7 Home Premium) upgrade to W10 Pro by DVD

W10 Home x64 (via upgrade W7 Home Premium) upgrade to W10 Pro by DVD: Windows 10 Home x64 in use. This W10 is activated after upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium. Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home with a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro DVD and a valid key ? The current Windows 10 Home x64 has applications...
  10. Upgraded from W7 Pro, and got W10 Home...

Upgraded from W7 Pro, and got W10 Home...: Hi all, Done a fair bit of searching and my problem seems to be fairly unique. Long story short, I had W10 Home installed, formatted and installed an unused copy of W7 Pro, used the W10 Upgrade Assistant to upgrade to W10 again expecting to then have W10 Pro, but it still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i can ping w10 pro from w10 home