Windows 10: W10 Pro Transparency

Discus and support W10 Pro Transparency in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys. How do I get my Windows 10 Pro's transparency to properly show as seen in this picture preview? [img] The taskbar icon transparency... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kyle, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Kyle Win User

W10 Pro Transparency

Hi guys.

How do I get my Windows 10 Pro's transparency to properly show as seen in this picture preview?

W10 Pro Transparency [​IMG]

The taskbar icon transparency part is what I'm asking about specifically.

Notice how the icons are and how it's boxed? Mine looks completely different to the picture above.

Here's what mine looks like:

:)

2. TChampZG Win User

Transparency function

Win 10 Pro Insider Build 16215 when transparency is enabled in settings>personalization>colors>transparency effects, start menu is still not showing any transparency!?

TChampZG, Jan 22, 2017
  3. Canon 8800F scanner in windows 10

I understand no canon driver in w10 is available and that although the basic scanner works with driver in w10 the transparency and film scanner functions do not work at all in w10

I have tryed previous canon drivers in compatibility mode with no success has anyone got the film scanner working in w10 and how did they do it as looking at the net I have yet to see anyone has it working

hughpearce, Jan 22, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

W10 Pro Transparency

@IoNGeNeRaL, Looking at the preview carefully (and playing with the settings for my taskbar) I don't think the effect is due to it being any more transparent than yours or mine, rather the colour of the taskbar has been chosen to match that of the background so it appears to blend in. Note that the blank areas of Start are blue as well as the taskbar. There are settings to control that, even one for picking an accent colour from your background. See this Tutorial:
    Start, Taskbar, Action Center Transparency - Turn On/Off in Windows 10

5. Kyle Win User
    I have that option enabled, but the taskbar icon box does not appear like it does in the preview picture.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 22, 2017
  7. Kyle Win User
    Hey Brink.

I've already got glass transparency on also as I added a DWORD to my registry to enable the clear Aero.

8. Edwin New Member

W10 Pro Transparency

Your first screenshot is of Build 9841, which still had some lovely W7/W8 elements. I'm afraid that's no longer possible without some '3rd party' help.

Edwin, Jan 22, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Kyle,

If you are referring to how the icons have a faded white box around them, then that will only show for the icon of the active open window.

Brink, Jan 22, 2017
  10. Kyle Win User
    It might actually be as Edwin suggested with elements of W7 in that first picture.. Here is my Windows version info from the "winver" dialog:

And this is what I mean:

Notice the lovely box around the icon? And now notice mine:

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, that has changed in Windows 10. Instead of seeing the faded box around icons for opened inactive windows, they'll have the bar under them now to indicate that they are open. Only the icon (ex: Firefox in your screenshot) of the active window will have the faded box.

I'm not aware of a way to change this yet unless some 3rd party program has changed it somehow.

Brink, Jan 22, 2017
  12. Kyle Win User
    Ah I understand now. Thank you for clearing it up, B!

I did notice that there are some W7 themes for W10 which bring back certain theme characteristics but I quite like the default theme with a little adjustment for personalisation.

Thema:

W10 Pro Transparency

1. W10 Pro Transparency - Similar Threads - W10 Pro Transparency

2. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  3. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  4. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro: I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade...
  6. formateo de w10 a w10 pro

formateo de w10 a w10 pro: al formatear mi laptop a w10 pro con la iso que corresponde formatea mi pc pero el resultado despues de formatear me da el mismo windows 10 que tengo instalado.la iso que uso la descargue de la pagina de microsoft..lo he intentado varias veces pero el resultado es el mismo...
  7. W10 Pro

W10 Pro: Hi all, As part on my A+ studies, I have noticed that some features are not part of the home edition. As part of my training package, I also have some other courses like the MCSE. Would it be a good idea for me to upgrade to W10 Pro? Kind Regards Tim...
  8. W10 Pro

W10 Pro: Hello on my old PC I delete activation key for w10 Pro with slmgr /upk - W10 Pro is now deaktivated. Now I try on my new PC to activate W10 Pro and ge the error 0x803fa067. What is wrong? Thanks in advance Rolf...
  9. W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro: I have new laptop Acer Aspire. It was bought with OEM W10Home. Then I have ordered and paid licence for W10Pro. At the last form of purchasing process is button "Install". I pushed it. After restart there is W10Enterprise. Now I am not able to activate it nor to change it to...
  10. download w10 pro

download w10 pro: I'm using the microsoft downloader tool to make a disk of Windows 10. I want the pro version. It doesn't seem to offer that as an option before the download begins. How do I get the Pro version? Thanks. 73364