Windows 10: W10 Reinstalls a WiFi Adapter that I uninstalled in Device Properties

Discus and support W10 Reinstalls a WiFi Adapter that I uninstalled in Device Properties in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron One 2330. I have installed an external Netgear 802.11ac Adapter. There is some conflict between the Dell adapter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by donb8637, Jun 21, 2017.

1. donb8637 Win User

W10 Reinstalls a WiFi Adapter that I uninstalled in Device Properties

I use Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron One 2330. I have installed an external Netgear 802.11ac Adapter. There is some conflict between the Dell adapter and the new adapter. I can go into device properties and uninstall the Dell Adapter from the system. It then no longer shows in adapter settings or available networks. WiFi works OK. However, when I restart my PC the Dell adapter returns.

How can I prevent this from happening? Thanks

:)

donb8637, Jun 21, 2017
  2. awmnawm Win User

Latest w10 update uninstalls wifi adapter drivers

Due to my current setup it is not possible to plug in an ethernet cable and auto update the drivers through Device Properties, and without the drivers after I update w10 my wifi adapter is disabled and I lose access to the internet. If someone can share
    the download link for the latest wifi card driver for w10, I can simply download the drivers manually and install them after the update.

The adapter I have is an ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Dual-Band Wireless-AC1300 PCI-E Adapter

awmnawm, Jun 21, 2017
  3. Broadcom NetlinkTM Gigabit Ethernet adapter loses all connectivity

Hi, here is some place to start...first of all go to your "Control Panel" and click on "System and Security" the click on to "System" then on to "Device Manager" on the left of your screen, then go down thru the list to "Network Adapters" click the arrow
    and see if your "Ethernet Adapter" is installed. If it is not there...then click on "View" at the top of the device manager page and go down to show "Hidden Devices" sometimes it'll show there and not in the main menu for the network adapters. If it is there....
    highlight the device, right click and go to "update driver software" it might say that it is using the most current driver... if it is and still not working "uninstall" and re boot your computer.

I had to uninstall and physically remove my WIFI adapter, reboot and reinstall physically the adapter and then reboot again, W10 found it and installed.

But I think your Ethernet adapter is probably not easy to get to... if it is...try uninstalling if you're confident doing do so and following what I said in the last part.

Good Luck...it worked for me and still is.

RandyNagel, Jun 21, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

If the Dell adapter came with the computer you should be able to disable it in the BIOS. Windows enumerates the hardware available from the BIOS entries which usually is why it keeps showing up. You might get by simply by Disabling it in Device Manager to keep Windows from using it rather than uninstalling it there.

Berton, Jun 21, 2017
  5. donb8637 Win User
    Thanks Berton. I'll delete it from Bios. My new adapter is ac capable while the Dell supports only b and g. Sometimes I connect at 868 Mbps and sometimes 130 Mbps. I'm want to connect at the high speed all of the time.

donb8637, Jun 21, 2017
  6. Helmut Win User
    I have an external USB Netgear A6210 ac adapter.
    All I have to do is disable the Internal Card either from the Network Connections, or in the Device Manager, or the notification box by clicking on the Network Icon.

Both drivers are always installed.

There is no BIOS/UEFI switch on mine.

Helmut, Jun 21, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    Those speeds are probably in Kbps, fastest I've ever seen in my area on Cable/Broadband is 60Mbps. Most computers with onboard Wireless are 802.11b/g/n with 802.11ac being the newest of the last few years.

Berton, Jun 21, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

You need to go into the bios and disable the onboard wifi mini-PCIe card or just disable it from the network properties.

bro67, Jun 22, 2017
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    On my computers with dual network adapters I have found it easier to leave both of them installed and enabled. Under the Windows 10 network settings, I just don't give the old adapter the password to the WiFi so it doesn't connect. I set the new adapter to automatically connect and it does instead and I always get the faster speed of the new WiFi adapter (which is USB). WiFi is my old, internal network adapter, WiFi 2 is my new dual band USB adapter:
    W10 Reinstalls a WiFi Adapter that I uninstalled in Device Properties [​IMG]

W10 Reinstalls a WiFi Adapter that I uninstalled in Device Properties [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 Reinstalls a WiFi Adapter that I uninstalled in Device Properties - Similar Threads - W10 Reinstalls WiFi

2. Uninstall Adapter device from Device Manager, the device reinstalls itself again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall Adapter device from Device Manager, the device reinstalls itself again?: Thanks for stopping by ...I have an older Toshiba Satellite Laptop which is running win 11 just fine. All but the screen wants to dim and brighten, dim and brighten. I found when I run it on battery alone, it stops the dim and bright things. Also, I found when I go to Device...
  3. Uninstall Adapter device from Device Manager, the device reinstalls itself again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall Adapter device from Device Manager, the device reinstalls itself again?: Thanks for stopping by ...I have an older Toshiba Satellite Laptop which is running win 11 just fine. All but the screen wants to dim and brighten, dim and brighten. I found when I run it on battery alone, it stops the dim and bright things. Also, I found when I go to Device...
  4. Asus wifi adapter not reinstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus wifi adapter not reinstalling: I uninstalled my network adapter to do a fresh reinstall and its not working. It says it is in the "Other devices" tab. When I click to update driver it says there is no driver on this pc and it gives me an error code. code 28. Is there a way to fix this and reinstall my...
  5. Asus wifi adapter not reinstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus wifi adapter not reinstalling: I uninstalled my network adapter to do a fresh reinstall and its not working. It says it is in the "Other devices" tab. When I click to update driver it says there is no driver on this pc and it gives me an error code. code 28. Is there a way to fix this and reinstall my...
  6. Asus wifi adapter not reinstalling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Wifi Adapter "Device Deleted"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Adapter "Device Deleted": Ok so I have a Wifi adapter that isn't working properly. Every time I try to connect, it says "No Wifi Networks Found". I also found that it says the wifi adapter was deleted. I am using an external wifi adapter which works fine, but it doesn't have very good internet speed....
  8. Wifi Adapter "Device Deleted"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi Adapter "Device Deleted": Ok so I have a Wifi adapter that isn't working properly. Every time I try to connect, it says "No Wifi Networks Found". I also found that it says the wifi adapter was deleted. I am using an external wifi adapter which works fine, but it doesn't have very good internet speed....
  9. Wifi Adapter uninstalls itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Adapter uninstalls itself: Hi there, I am having an issue with my asus r510v and wifi adapter "realtek 8821AE Wireless 802.11ac PCI-E". Randomly when I navigate through the Internet or playing online games my connection falls, but the status icon in tool task says I am still conneced until I try...
  10. reinstalling device adapters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reinstalling device adapters: I was instructed to delete Device adapters which I did and the problem still persist , how can I reinstall the device adapters https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-device-adapters/6685f5b1-b431-415f-b182-d1fbc2cf8d87