Windows 10: W10 Reset question

Discus and support W10 Reset question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I upgraded and want to reset it now, after I pick remove everything it gives the option to remove my files or remove files and clean the drive. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Karizma, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Karizma Win User

W10 Reset question

So I upgraded and want to reset it now, after I pick remove everything it gives the option to remove my files or remove files and clean the drive. What does it mean by cleaning the drive and will it **** with my windows being registered at all?

:)

Karizma, Jul 28, 2015

2. W10 Questions

In the control panel you can set your background goodies. I run pix from all of my pix folders. This is what I was referring to. Sorry for confusion. I also downloadn an EAA calendar once each month that is the prime background. Is this still possible?

Bill Lambing

WilliamLambing, Jul 28, 2015
  3. W10 Questions

Andre Da Costa, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

W10 Reset question

That reset will remove all your files and apps and clean write windows 10 and will be still activated

5. Karizma Win User
    great so it will start like a normal reset then? just want to make sure i dont get myself in a corner

Karizma, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Kyhi Win User
    yes it will.. tested many times

7. scott784 Win User
    I have no knowledge from personal experience, but from what I've read (as well as the feedback from another poster), it appears the 'Reset My PC' does provide a clean install when the user elects not to keep any personal files or settings. However, it appears that it does keep any existing partitions on the hard drive. So it completely clean installs Win10 'inside' that partition while keeping data on any other existing partitions that were already created on the PC. Others, please correct me if I am wrong about this!

scott784, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

W10 Reset question

1. W10 Reset question - Similar Threads - W10 Reset question

2. Resetting PC W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting PC W10: I just did a 'Reset this pc' on my old computer choosing the option to 'remove all of your personal files, apps, and settings.' to give away and installed windows via cloud. I'm worried that some of my account/emails/files will remain. Will this computer be a clean slate...
  3. Resetting PC W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting PC W10: I just did a 'Reset this pc' on my old computer choosing the option to 'remove all of your personal files, apps, and settings.' to give away and installed windows via cloud. I'm worried that some of my account/emails/files will remain. Will this computer be a clean slate...
  4. Question about reinstalling W10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about reinstalling W10: Hi. I have a Lenovo laptop which has come preinstalled with W10. I have connected it to wifi and Windows shows as "activated". However as there are a lot of unwanted preinstalled apps, I was considering reinstalling W10 from scratch using a bootable USB created from...
  5. taskbar questions(W10)

taskbar questions(W10): Going to make this super quick So i use Auto Hide and was wondering two things. Is there a way to speed up the task bar show/hide so that it pops up instantly when i put my mouse by it and it disappears instantly when i move my mouse away. I know removing the fade is a way to...
  6. Resetting Question

Resetting Question: So I am resetting my laptop (keeping my files option) So after 4 hours nothing just power button light goes on and off (maybe restarting over and over ) I had about 600 GB of data in D Drive which I wanted to keep. So what's the problem here ? Why is it taking so long?...
  7. Reset Question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset Question: Hello, I am trying to reset my laptop, and it has been stuck in the "Preparing to reset" process for hours now. It's been stuck at 1% the whole time. Is there anything I can do to make this process faster?...
  8. w10 reformat question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    w10 reformat question: I have a friend with a 7 year old dell inspiron and it came originally with 8.1 and he took the free upgrade to 10. If he reformats with 8.1 can it once again be upgraded for free with 10?...
  9. W10 Restore Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    W10 Restore Question: Good day all, We have a Windows 10 machine which would not boot correctly just after the most recent update from MS. Using a W10 repair USB drive we were able to bring the machine back up to normal working status. However, we now have a few missing files. Most notably we...
  10. Question about W10 Image.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about W10 Image.: I usually back up my current system by making an image on another disk. I just did that, and thought I wonder if anyone's tested it for reliability. I mean is it still working as intended in W10 64? 26764