Windows 10: w10, Script Error

Discus and support w10, Script Error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why suddenly " Script Error " appears continuously when I try to close an IE page? asking to choose "use script Yes or NO". & either clicked gives an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nichos, Sep 23, 2015.

1. nichos Win User

w10, Script Error

Why suddenly " Script Error " appears continuously when I try to close an IE page? asking to choose "use script Yes or NO". & either clicked gives an blank page & have difficulty closing it.

I tried Tools>Advanced & "disable script errors" is ticked. I cleared it, reopened IE, re-ticked it with no difference.
    Can anybody help?

:)

nichos, Sep 23, 2015

2. FSX not installing to W10

My legal copy of FSX is not installing into W10. Even though I have 1.6TB of space, the popup informs me there is not enough free space to install. Also, InstallShield is prompting a 1607 error, Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime.

GarySNorton, Sep 23, 2015
  3. Reset Windows updates

The W10 script worked perfectly for me, after many other suggestions failed. Thanks!

HankMishkoff, Sep 23, 2015
Thema:

w10, Script Error

1. w10, Script Error - Similar Threads - w10 Script Error

2. Script Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Script Error: Every time I log in I get this error. Line: 1 Char: 69 Error: Invalid root in registry key "HKCU\software\wtjtpfxo\foogfjh". Code: 0 URL: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/script-error/01112f2b-9396-4e19-8a53-370c1162ee97
  3. script errors

script errors: How do I get rid of script error messages? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/script-errors/125d5547-68f8-4e10-8c2e-476b74b03c82
  4. script error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    script error: I get a recurring script error. When asked if I want to continue running the script I rely "NO", but it continues to pop up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/script-error/d0c9a88d-fe15-41fb-91de-ff2aa722f1a6
  5. Script error

Script error: How do I remove script error problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/script-error/d2acbb87-270b-4da6-af96-4fd5d245072b
  6. SCRIPT error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SCRIPT error: What if the script error isn't on my end, what if its on the end of the website I'm trying to work with. I'm on Brisksale, trying to upload listings to their site. Half the time it wont upload the photo. The rest of the time, I manage to get all the way to the preview of the...
  7. Script Error

in Browsers and Email
    Script Error: Since upgrading to W10, I keep getting script error boxes appearing on many web sites. I have run the IE11 troubleshooter, disabled script notifications, run the latest Java, but they still appear. If I click yes, it goes away, and all is fine. Any help would be...
  8. Script error

in Windows 10 Support
    Script error: I started getting this script error last evening. I think it seems to happen when I open Chrome, but I may be wrong about that. I tried bringing up Run, typed in %temp%, deleted all temp files and the restarted but as soon as I opened Chrome there it was again. Can...
  9. Scripting Errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scripting Errors: I had this problem a few months ago and it went away by itself. I tried This morning some restarts and also the tools. internet ops, advanced with boxes checked. It seems to appear more when I go to a newspaper site, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Washington Post. Any...
  10. Script Errors

in Windows 10 Support
    Script Errors: I'm seeing a lot of IE 11 script errors on new PC's with W-10. Not upgrades. Why would "Unchecking" the 2 "Disable..." boxes stop the errors? Pete 62363