Windows 10: W10: Search in "pinned to start" apps doesn't work

Discus and support W10: Search in "pinned to start" apps doesn't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a few portable apps, which I have pinned to start. [img] Now I need to show these apps to show when I type their names in search,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kalam, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Kalam Win User

W10: Search in "pinned to start" apps doesn't work

Hello, I have a few portable apps, which I have pinned to start.

W10: Search in "pinned to start" apps doesn't work [​IMG]

Now I need to show these apps to show when I type their names in search, but it just doesn't show any of these apps. Search for properly installed apps works flawlessly same as for system settings.

W10: Search in "pinned to start" apps doesn't work [​IMG]

How can I pin portable apps to be able to be shown up in search results? Or am I doing anything wrong?

:)

Kalam, Aug 11, 2015
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Aug 11, 2015
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Aug 11, 2015
  4. robgr Win User

Check if this is fixed in KB3081424 (you should alreday have it by now?)

robgr, Aug 14, 2015
  5. Kalam Win User
    Hello and thank you for your reply W10: Search in "pinned to start" apps doesn't work :) This update was automatically installed 1 week ago (Screenshot by Lightshot) and it doesn't solve anything for me :/ I tried reindexing too, but still nothing...

Kalam, Aug 15, 2015
  6. Kalam Win User
    Bumping again, anyone with the same issue? *sarc

Kalam, Aug 18, 2015
  7. Same exact problem here, the search function in Windows 8 was perfect, in 8.1 it was not as good (in regards to using it for starting your standard apps) and in Windows 10 it is ruined :/

Hope someone finds a solution or an Windows Update fixes this. Tired of not being able to just my keyboard and search in order to start wanted apps easily. *Smile

FoolzRailer, Sep 7, 2015
  8. W10: Search in "pinned to start" apps doesn't work

Works for me only when I left click of start icon and choose search but not with search in taskbar.

Just so you know I have disable cortana as I do not see a point of it on a PC.

jaburmester, Sep 7, 2015
  9. Kalam Win User
    Still the same problem for me :-( Anyone fixed it? I can't find anything useful...

Kalam, Oct 3, 2015
  10. Worked perfectly when I left click of start icon and choose search but not with search in taskbar.

Now strange thing is that search works only to certain Windows 10 files/programs only with me.

Has anyone found a solution ?

jaburmester, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. W10: Search in "pinned to start" apps doesn't work - Similar Threads - W10 Search pinned

2. Windows Start button doesn't work, search icon doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start button doesn't work, search icon doesn't work.: Hey, I started my PC today on Windows 10 to find my taskbar has no icons on it except for the windows start button and the search icon, along with a few other icons. I did not have this issue yesterday. None of the icons work except for the little "^" icon, I think that's...
  3. Windows Start button doesn't work, search icon doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Start button doesn't work, search icon doesn't work.: Hey, I started my PC today on Windows 10 to find my taskbar has no icons on it except for the windows start button and the search icon, along with a few other icons. I did not have this issue yesterday. None of the icons work except for the little "^" icon, I think that's...
  4. Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work: Hi,Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work as can be seen in the image below:Any advice will be appreciated.Regards, Jose luis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-apps-in-start-menu-doesnt-work/fbf8109f-6d03-47a4-a980-be3f38b6a81e
  5. Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work

Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work: Hi,Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work as can be seen in the image below:Any advice will be appreciated.Regards, Jose luis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-apps-in-start-menu-doesnt-work/fbf8109f-6d03-47a4-a980-be3f38b6a81e
  6. Start Pinned Apps not working.

Start Pinned Apps not working.: To be honest, Windows 11 is a POS platform! It has way too many issues. It is ****! Now pinned Apps are not working in the start menu. This seems to be a reoccurring problem as this happened with the rollout, again after 1 year and now its happening again after year 2! To be...
  7. Start Pinned Apps not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Pinned Apps not working.: To be honest, Windows 11 is a POS platform! It has way too many issues. It is ****! Now pinned Apps are not working in the start menu. This seems to be a reoccurring problem as this happened with the rollout, again after 1 year and now its happening again after year 2! To be...
  8. Start menu search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu search doesn't work: Hi,I'm using windows 11 21H1 with the latest updates I received, but lately, my laptop is behaving strangely when I try to search using the start menu it closes the start menu by it self. I haven't installed any new software or changed anything in the settings or registry it...
  9. Start menu search doesn't work

Start menu search doesn't work: Hi,I'm using windows 11 21H1 with the latest updates I received, but lately, my laptop is behaving strangely when I try to search using the start menu it closes the start menu by it self. I haven't installed any new software or changed anything in the settings or registry it...
  10. W10 search not working...

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 search not working...: Switching on my daughter’s W10 laptop this morning I notice that the search box does nothing – whatever I type appears in the box but when I press return nothing happens – whatever I’ve written in the box remains but there are NO search results. I thought initially it was a...