Windows 10: W10 shutdown/sleep/re-boot issues

Discus and support W10 shutdown/sleep/re-boot issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Howdy all, I recently loaded W10 onto my computer. I completed a clean install. My computer is a HP-580t, I7, running a ssd hard drive. Motherboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by prybar, Oct 26, 2015.

1. prybar Win User

W10 shutdown/sleep/re-boot issues

Howdy all,

I recently loaded W10 onto my computer. I completed a clean install. My computer is a HP-580t, I7, running a ssd hard drive. Motherboard is from Pegatron Corporation - IPMTB-TK. Legacy bios.

Issues: When I shut down the computer, no matter what method it just reboots, after days of research I'm left scratching me head. Also, I can not wake up from sleep mode.
    Things I have tried: Complete a fresh install of W10, Checked bios for updates, drivers for updates. Tweaked my power settings just about every way you can think about. Tried registry tweaks. Disabled drivers one at a time. Tried different bios settings. Tried and changed just about every setting in device manager. Ran windows trouble shooter. Checked my boot log. Looking for any fresh ideas I can try.

The only change I made is going from an hdd to ssd recently.

Thanks in advance.

:)

prybar, Oct 26, 2015
  2. CDeFazio Win User

W 10 will not shut down completely

I believe that the fix would be very simple, since the computer goes through all of the shutdown steps. This is verified by the fact that the next time one boots their computer (after the forced power shutdown) it starts normally - ergo - all of the shutdown
    steps were as designed. What I cannot believe is that when updates occur, the unit is able to re-start fine. This means to me that W10 has the ability to shutdown normally if it were properly programmed.

CDeFazio, Oct 26, 2015
  3. Deejayw1 Win User
    Sleep or Hibernate are followed by full boot since W10 auto update

Following a W10 auto update my laptop fails to properly enter Sleep or Hibernate from the command menu. Shutdown does occur after a longer interval than usual and recovery always results in a cold boot which does not remember settings like Task Manager preferences.
    Prior to the update (with no other coincidental changes) Sleep/Hibernate and recovery were working 'as advertised'!

How do I restore the status quo without resorting to a restore (if available) ?

Deejayw1, Oct 26, 2015
  4. prybar Win User

Update, After countless searches in google with no luck I was able to fix the issue. For those of you having issues like the above this fixed all my errors. Go to power option / and change from Balanced to High performance. Go to advance / allow wake timers and set to enable, USB selective spend to Enabled. Enable adaptive brightness to Off. Went to my SSD power site and looked at their power recommendations and made those changes. You will have to look at your specific make.

prybar, Oct 29, 2015
Thema:

1. W10 shutdown/sleep/re-boot issues - Similar Threads - W10 shutdown sleep

2. PC fails to boot from sleep/shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC fails to boot from sleep/shutdown: After setting my PC to sleep/shutdown, the next time I attempt to boot it will either power on without showing MOBO manufacturer screen Black Screen, or boot normally. When the PC does not boot properly, I power cycle the device and will boot either from a single power cycle,...
  3. PC fails to boot from sleep/shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC fails to boot from sleep/shutdown: After setting my PC to sleep/shutdown, the next time I attempt to boot it will either power on without showing MOBO manufacturer screen Black Screen, or boot normally. When the PC does not boot properly, I power cycle the device and will boot either from a single power cycle,...
  4. PC fails to boot from sleep/shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sleep and Shutdown

Sleep and Shutdown: This problem is really ridiculous. There are 3 pc's in the house and the main oneMINE has the problem.I have tried everything in all the previous folks that have the same problem to no sleep or shutdown. I have been just turning off monitors so they aren't damaged,if that...
  6. Computer boots from sleep as if it were shutdown.

Computer boots from sleep as if it were shutdown.: I have been trying to put my computer to sleep as I normally have the past few nights, but when I turn it on the next morning it starts up as if it were shutdown. I have checked to ensure that the system and drivers are updated, and the event log shows "The previous system...
  7. Driver sleep and shutdown issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver sleep and shutdown issue.: Hello, Ive been having an issue with my pc. For the past 4 years i have been able to put the pc into sleep mode. recently my PC shuts down completely when put into sleep mode. Not only that but when it shuts down it take 10 minutes for my pc to shutdown completely instead...
  8. Shutdown/Sleep Issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown/Sleep Issue.: Hi all, wondering if anyone can offer any thoughts or advice. i'm running W10 from a W7 upgrade, and it's been pretty good so far. last night though i had an issue that occurred once before a month or so back. basically, i went to shut down, and instead of the usual blue...
  9. sleep/shutdown/cold boot issues

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep/shutdown/cold boot issues: HP 8540w laptop, W10 up to date (14393-693), power config high performance, shutdown on lid close, sleep on power button, no devices wake computer except mouse and keyboard. Started with two issues: 1; Computer restarts immediately after a shutdown or sleep command. The...
  10. Booting issues with w10 machine

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting issues with w10 machine: Hi Last year a bought a new machine. I also ordered a w10 copy but when I got the machine it was already installed. The very first night I booted it it refused to shut down with some error (can't remember which one) and I had to use system restore. This happened 3 times in...