Windows 10: W10 slow to resume from sleep

Discus and support W10 slow to resume from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did a fresh install on a SSD not to long ago. The computer is running very smoothly for the most part. However, sometimes when I open the lid to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by striper, Jan 14, 2016.

1. striper Win User

W10 slow to resume from sleep

I did a fresh install on a SSD not to long ago. The computer is running very smoothly for the most part. However, sometimes when I open the lid to my laptop, it is temporarily unresponsive for a minute or so when resuming from sleep mode. It's pretty annoying. I think it has something to do with my USB settings because it only seems to do it when something is plugged in there. For example, thumb drive, external hard drive.

I tried playing with the settings in power settings. I have turn off hard disk set to never. USB selective suspend set to disabled.

Anyone know what the issue could be? Thanks for your help.

:)

striper, Jan 14, 2016

2. slow resume from sleep

Thanks, it seemed live lock screen was the problem. I installed it after installing phone 8.1 and then uninstalled it after realizing how rubbish it was. It seems that affected it even though I had uninstalled it. The phone is still a bit laggy but that
    could be because I've got a lower level phone.

JonathanGreenwood, Jan 14, 2016
  3. 7thSense Win User
    7thSense, Jan 14, 2016
  4. striper Win User

Now it just temporarily froze while I was using the machine. Sound stayed on but the mouse cursor and keyboard became unresponsive for about a minute.......

striper, Jan 15, 2016
Thema:

1. W10 slow to resume from sleep - Similar Threads - W10 slow resume

2. Windows 10 no ipv6 on resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 no ipv6 on resume from sleep: I have had this problem for the longest time and it is still happening with Windows 10 ver 2004. On my Surface Pro 7 and Surface Go 2 both now on Windows 10-2004, they will fail to obtain ipv6 addresses on SLAAC networks on resume from sleep for more than 1 minute. If I...
  3. Cannot resume from sleep / screensaver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot resume from sleep / screensaver: Hi. I hope you can help me with regards to this constant issue I have been having. My laptop sometimes doesn't shut down fully or when it enters sleep mode or screensaver mode screen turns off, then the fans ramp up to constant maximum and no matter what I do, the screen...
  4. Dell laptop can't resume from sleep

Dell laptop can't resume from sleep: Today I had to leave the house, so I opened the power menu from the Windows button, and selected the option for my Dell Inspiron i5577 laptop to "Sleep." I come back later, hit the power button to turn the laptop on, and lo and behold, the power button light turns on. There...
  5. No wallpaper on resume from sleep screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    No wallpaper on resume from sleep screen: Windows 10 home with the anniversary update and all updates since on a Toshiba laptop. When I boot up from a complete shutdown, I get a wallpaper (1) on the screen and after I press enter the login screen appears with its wallpaper image. But, when I resume by lifting the...
  6. Delayed resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Delayed resume from sleep: I installed an SSD in my laptop. Occasionally, when I resume from sleep mode, the computer becomes unresponsive. It does this for about 30 seconds. I can't remember if it was doing this before I installed the new drive. Today it's been doing it almost every time I open the...
  7. Resume from sleep issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from sleep issue: Hi everyone. I had some trouble today with my computer. I seem to have fixed it, but thought I would share my experience to see if I can help others who may be having similar issues. System Specifications ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD FX-6300 4 GB 1333 mhz GSkill RAM...
  8. Resume from monitor power off (not sleep) VERY SLOW

Resume from monitor power off (not sleep) VERY SLOW: So i just upgraded from Windows 7 to Win10 a week ago and everything went smooth as silk. I will said this is the first time i can remember doing an in place upgrade, I always format and do a clean install about once a year but ive been busy so i took the lazy route....
  9. Problems with Instantly Resuming from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Instantly Resuming from Sleep: Ok, I have a problem that (AFAIK) no one else on any of the forums (and forum sites) I have visited seem to having. As per the title, I am sure you can see that it is related to my laptop going to sleep. The Problem: My Dell XPS 15 (9550) seems to go to sleep properly...
  10. Laptop slow to resume from Hibernate.

Laptop slow to resume from Hibernate.: When I resume my laptop from hibernation it does the following: - the windows logo and circle of dots appears - then the screen goes black - then I get a coloured screen with circle of rotating dots - then a sound which is like a USB device being inserted and immediately...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. long start of w10 after sleep