Windows 10: W10 stuck in Login screen, USB kb and mouse not working

Discus and support W10 stuck in Login screen, USB kb and mouse not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I have W10 since the release, clean install, and had no problems at all. Last night I just turned off my PC without any problems. But when I start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Smoofie, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Smoofie Win User

W10 stuck in Login screen, USB kb and mouse not working

So I have W10 since the release, clean install, and had no problems at all. Last night I just turned off my PC without any problems. But when I start it now, it is stuck in the W10 login screen. I do see the time and date, and the clock on the login screen is working. If I shut down the PC by pressing the power button I also see the shut down screen with my account name. So it isn't frozen.

It seems my USB keyboard and mouse aren't working when booting into W10. I can't even press f8 to boot into safe mode. The kb and mouse are working in UEFI and when booting to the USB repair/installation drive. They also still work in the Windows 7 installation I have on my other SSD which I connected. But I have to boot w7 from the USB repair/install drive and press the "boot another OS menu". When I don't do that and get get the regular w10 menu to ask for which OS to boot into, the kb and mouse aren't working either.

Is there any way to fix it? Sadly enough, I removed my backup image and some recent restore points some days ago, so I only have one from months ago. I do know I tried installing some w10 updates , some of them kept failing to install. I can get my hands on a ps/2 keyboard tomorrow, so I might be able to boot into w10 then. But I still don't know how to fix it then. I can't imagine that the w10 USB drivers or something are gone or broken.

:)

Smoofie, Oct 16, 2015

2. USB keyboard & mouse not working after W10 upgrade

I carry out W10 upgrade at end of upgrade it reboots and takes me to the login screen ..... at that point all USB ports have failed - unable to use keyboard or mouse - so failure at first boot up.

Applications & files are there - just can't access them as no USB

On roll back all USB working fine .......... so proving its a W10 upgrade issue

Sargan_499, Oct 16, 2015
  3. OliCoon Win User
    USB Mouse suddenly not working

Today, I was updating and restarting my laptop, it's a year-old Toshiba. Once it had restarted, it was stuck on a blank screen with only a loading wheel. It was like this for some time, and then I was advised to unplug my USB mouse.

I unplugged it, and it immediately when to the login screen. Just like that.

However, when I plugged the mouse back in, it would not work, as if Windows did not recognize it. It is a battery-powered Logitech wireless mouse that has worked flawlessly before, and it is on, has new batteries, and works perfectly fine.

Please help!

OliCoon, Oct 16, 2015
Thema:

W10 stuck in Login screen, USB kb and mouse not working

1. W10 stuck in Login screen, USB kb and mouse not working - Similar Threads - W10 stuck Login

2. Stucked on login screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stucked on login screen: hello i bought a Lenovo laptop with windows 8 pre-installed in it and as soon i got the update of windows 10 i did it but within 2 months my pc starts hanging a lot so i tried to search for the internet and they said that Microsoft provide a specific time after which you...
  3. Mouse and Keyboard not Working on Lock Screen W10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Mouse and Keyboard not Working on Lock Screen W10: This is related to a work computer. It is a brand new computer running Windows 10 version 1809. The problem: On the login/lock screen (the screen before typing your password) the keyboard and mouse don't work, except for hitting Control + Alt + Delete. Hitting Ctrl Alt...
  4. USB Mouse Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Mouse Not Working: I have a USB Mouse that is made by DELL manufacturing that will not respond in any way, via clicking or moving, not even scrolling. Thing is, is the light on the bottom lights up as if nothing wrong with it. I'm using an HP laptop....
  5. W10 USB devices not working, stuck on login screen after start from zero

W10 USB devices not working, stuck on login screen after start from zero: I've decided to reboot the system using the start from zero option, because it needed some cleaning. After the process was done i realised mouse and keyboard aren't working, so i'm stuck on the login screen with absolutely nothing to do. Also, i don't have a w10 installation...
  6. Win 10 no USB KB or Mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 no USB KB or Mouse: Windows turns off KB and mouse. Any direct fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/win-10-no-usb-kb-or-mouse/c4bc411f-79c3-46bf-b15a-f73b2075726d
  7. USB MOUSE NOT WORKING

USB MOUSE NOT WORKING: Aby ideas will be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-mouse-not-working/e7c313b9-7deb-43e2-b6a2-0294194d32e0
  8. USB keyboard stops working at the login screen

USB keyboard stops working at the login screen: Description: My USB keyboard stops working at the login screen. None of the keys are responsive. The onscreen keyboard works fine. This happens on wakeup after a remote desktop session and after scheduled updates during the night. In both cases this happens after wakeup,...
  9. Boot Lock Screen mouse cursor/kb delay

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Lock Screen mouse cursor/kb delay: Recently, i've noticed that everytime windows 10 (x64 pro) starts and gets to the initial lock screen, it takes up to 6 seconds to show the mouse cursor and register keyboard events in order to let me log in. It used to be instantaneous. Is this related to Build 1511...
  10. Getting stuck at the login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting stuck at the login screen: A new issue seems to have appeared on a fairly recent clean install of Windows. This is a UEFI install from USB using the most up to date Anniversary Update. It had been working perfectly for a month or so but over the last few days I have noticed on boot up a rather long...