Windows 10: W10 suddenly switched back to metro

Discus and support W10 suddenly switched back to metro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I installed a program called classic shell because I couldn't stand the new metro. I originally started using this program with W8. I haven't had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by striper, Jul 3, 2016.

1. striper Win User

W10 suddenly switched back to metro

So I installed a program called classic shell because I couldn't stand the new metro. I originally started using this program with W8. I haven't had any issues until now. All of a sudden, after logging it, it switched back to metro. I can't get rid of it. My classic shell start menu still works but after I minimize, it goes back into the metro screen. No regular desktop.

I'm sure it's an easy setting issue but I can't find it.

:)

striper, Jul 3, 2016
  2. rehman12 Win User

lumia525 is not,powering on

Hi i got my lumia 525 1 month back yesterday suddenly it got switched off and when i tried to switch on it got switched on and then suddenly got switched off and from then im trying to switch on it is not getting switched on. Please help me recovering
    this.

rehman12, Jul 3, 2016
  3. Problems with Windows Maps after Windows 10 upgrade

Not working for me. Now what? Switch back to W7? Switch to Apple? W10 is certainly not stable.

Petr Hanak, Jul 3, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

First thing to check is open Action Center and make sure you're not in Tablet Mode. Otherwise, open Classic Shell folder and try the 'Controls' tab in the Start Menu Settings. The Start Menu Style tab will let you pick the classic style.

W10 suddenly switched back to metro [​IMG]

mrgeek, Jul 3, 2016
  5. striper Win User
    Thanks mrgeek. You are the man. It was in tablet mode.

I have my computer dual booted with linux. It's funny because last night I was up late reading an ebook and using my computer like a tablet. I almost never do that. I was reading the book on linux. However, when I rebooted this morning it must have gone into tablet mode somehow. Could there be any connection?

striper, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 suddenly switched back to metro - Similar Threads - W10 suddenly switched

2. Switch Back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch Back: Can I go back to Windows 10 if I don't like Windows 11 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-back/4259a113-b40b-4488-a036-018e41f6f3b1
  3. Switch Back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch Back: Can I go back to Windows 10 if I don't like Windows 11 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-back/4259a113-b40b-4488-a036-018e41f6f3b1
  4. Sudden switch from Local User to MS account - can not switch back

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sudden switch from Local User to MS account - can not switch back: I am not sure what happened here but I have been using Local User to sign in for a couple of years since I installed Windows 10 but suddenly after a reboot, I am now forced to use MS account login. Note, for my initial install, I did use a MS account but then I did not like...
  5. How to get Metro Internet Explorer back?

in Browsers and Email
    How to get Metro Internet Explorer back?: Edge is nice, but: 1) It's not touch friendly 2) It makes my fan spin up really loud 3) It makes my computer really really hot 4) Substantially reduces my battery life I have a i5 Surface Pro 3, and with Windows 8.1, it very rarely used to spin up the fan. Now, it...
  6. Metro/Modern version of IE - is it in W10 tech preview?

in Browsers and Email
    Metro/Modern version of IE - is it in W10 tech preview?: I'm just playing with 32-bit Windows 10 in Oracle VirtualBox. I can't find the Metro version of IE - has it gone? (It was never something I liked in Windows 8, but I can imagine it would be useful for folks using tablets and touchscreens.) 2049
  7. Any way to get metro apps back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way to get metro apps back?: I loved the metro apps, and then Microsoft got rid of them. Is there any way to get those back? 4264
  8. Help getting Metro Boot Screen Back

in Windows 10 Support
    Help getting Metro Boot Screen Back: Help! I've tried everything I know to get the Metro (blue) boot screen back, but all I get is the old 7-style B/W screen. I've done the BCDEDIT stuff (bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard), SFC /SCANNOW, re-booted back and forth 10 to 8.1 back to 10. Very annoying!...
  9. Suddenly Going back to W7 while Installing W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Suddenly Going back to W7 while Installing W10: I was installing W10 and got that black screen with the big white circle. Then, once it restarted. When it booted again, suddenly a screen came up saying "Attempting to Recover Installation" then saying "Restoring your previous version of Windows....". Why does this happen?...
  10. Suddenly Opening in Metro Interface

in Windows 10 Support
    Suddenly Opening in Metro Interface: The patient is an IBM Thinkpad laptop running the latest build (10130) as part of a dual boot 7 / 10 setup. It has been running 10 without incident for months. All of a sudden, my main account opens in a metro style desktop. Applications open full screen and cannot be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. switched back to