Windows 10: W10 Testing New Long Path Extension Tips?

Discus and support W10 Testing New Long Path Extension Tips? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, I upgraded to Win 10 today and had enabled the Long Path in Group Policy to see if its really true that Windows 10 can go beyond the 260... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gene098, Jun 9, 2017.

1. gene098 Win User

W10 Testing New Long Path Extension Tips?

Hey guys,

I upgraded to Win 10 today and had enabled the Long Path in Group Policy to see if its really true that Windows 10 can go beyond the 260 char limit.

But When I tried copying a folder from my computer to my Sea Gate external drive, it wouldnt copy still and had the same problem of being too long.

Heres a picture

W10 Testing New Long Path Extension Tips? [​IMG]

Heres showing the GpEdit enabled

W10 Testing New Long Path Extension Tips? [​IMG]

:)

gene098, Jun 9, 2017
  2. ArjanTaal Win User

Windows 10 - "Microsoft OneDrive has stopped working"

Hi Nath,

I had another issue as well: the path name or file name was too long. (OneDrive is very critical on that) I found this out by testing on a W7 machine where this message was showed upp. After solving this and also on the W10 machine and executing the previous
    solution my problems where solved on all of the machines.

Regards, Arjan

ArjanTaal, Jun 9, 2017
  3. mirceani Win User
    W10 compatibility test

I just deleted them now, run the command again, run W10 compatibility test again, SAME result....Still sees the Nvidia board which is long gone

mirceani, Jun 9, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, your screenshot is not there, unfortunately.
    To add a screenshot, please use Insert Image - the icon to the left of the video icon above your post

This has been discussed before: There are several threads - e.g.
    Long directory / file name support PLEASE Ms in a Windows update - Windows 10 Forums
    Tutorial here:
    Enable or Disable Win32 Long Paths in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Note the requirement in Option 1 Step 6 picture of the GPO.

Whilst the last conclusion reached was it didn't seem to work, with the way MS changes things, and in particular the newish Creator's build, an update would be interesting. (I have the AU).

dalchina, Jun 9, 2017
Thema:

1. W10 Testing New Long Path Extension Tips? - Similar Threads - W10 Testing Long

2. Long Paths

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long Paths: Greetings, I have a problem with long paths in Windows 11 Pro When I try to move a file or folder from SharePoint to OneDrive, I edited LongPathsEnable in Registry and GPedit, but I got no result... After that, I downloaded Directory Opus like File Explorer and the issue's...
  3. Long Paths

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Long Paths: Greetings, I have a problem with long paths in Windows 11 Pro When I try to move a file or folder from SharePoint to OneDrive, I edited LongPathsEnable in Registry and GPedit, but I got no result... After that, I downloaded Directory Opus like File Explorer and the issue's...
  4. Destination Path to Long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Destination Path to Long: Hi. I'm a musician and I have to keep my files super organized. With lots of subfolders and long descriptive names. I have looked around for a good solution or an explanation on how it works for Windows 10 for this topic and have found no info that resolves my problem or that...
  5. Destination Path to Long

Destination Path to Long: Hi. I'm a musician and I have to keep my files super organized. With lots of subfolders and long descriptive names. I have looked around for a good solution or an explanation on how it works for Windows 10 for this topic and have found no info that resolves my problem or that...
  6. Destination Path to Long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Path too long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Path too long: I downloaded a big file and I need to extract it, but some paths are too long.I worry that if I rename the file stuff won't work as intended, also there are a lot of long files so I don't really know what to do....
  8. Path too long

Path too long: I downloaded a big file and I need to extract it, but some paths are too long.I worry that if I rename the file stuff won't work as intended, also there are a lot of long files so I don't really know what to do....
  9. Long Path Enabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Long Path Enabled: Hi Team, We have been trying to increase the long path value as per the documents from Microsoft. We can create maximum of 20 sub folders beyond that we cannot go. So could you please help me in getting this sorted out. thanks. Sriram Krishnamoorthy...
  10. Destination path too long after enable NTFS long path

in Windows 10 Customization
    Destination path too long after enable NTFS long path: I have windows pro 10 education and 1903 version. I enable NFTS long path and update the group policy with this command: gpupdate /target:computer /force But when I copy-paste folders to an external drive I still get the error Destination path too long The file name(s)...