Windows 10: W10 too slow to work with after a minute of 5

Discus and support W10 too slow to work with after a minute of 5 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everybody, After searching on the internet and doing some disk assignment tweaks, i still can't find a solution for my problem. My w10 was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tdooves, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Tdooves Win User

W10 too slow to work with after a minute of 5

Hi everybody,

After searching on the internet and doing some disk assignment tweaks, i still can't find a solution for my problem.

My w10 was running fine every day when all of a sudden my pc got really slow. When clicking on the start menu it sometimes doesnt load and a reboot/shut down takes 5 minutes before something happens. Also loading the file explorer takes forever and when finished loading it won't show examples of files like jpg's and png's.

I guess it is a problem with w10 because the ssd where my w10 is installed is only 2 months old. Do you guys have any solution? I need my pc for work, so i'm really trying to find a solution.

:)

Tdooves, Dec 6, 2015

2. the ultimate place for wallpapers

from app manager? i had it for 5 minutes but it was too slow and i couldn't customise it.

richwhite---01, Dec 6, 2015
  3. Windows 10 fax and scan

no error messages. The all in one device worked perfectly on my brand new W10 computer, but in the past few months after a MS update, it is far too slow to use.

SAMUELSPITAL, Dec 6, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

run this few things from Command prompt (As Administrator) first:
    sfc /scannow
    and
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    To make sure there's no system corruption.
    At disk properties, under tools , you'll find Error checking > Check, that should check file integrity.
    Did you run any AV checks maybe and Malwarebytes too ?

CountMike, Dec 6, 2015
Thema:

1. W10 too slow to work with after a minute of 5 - Similar Threads - W10 too slow

2. Screen locking after 5 minutes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen locking after 5 minutes: Screen locking automatically after 5 mins of inactivity. What to do ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-locking-after-5-minutes/9b2d2b2f-7c4f-44eb-83f4-36e066e8b240
  3. Screen locking after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen locking after 5 minutes: Screen locking automatically after 5 mins of inactivity. What to do ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-locking-after-5-minutes/9b2d2b2f-7c4f-44eb-83f4-36e066e8b240
  4. Screen locking after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC slow the first 3-5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC slow the first 3-5 minutes: I have a Dell Inspiron 3000 with windows 10. Every time I do a cold start turn my PC on it' s very slow and takes 3 to 5 minutes to catch up speed. I have Malwarebytes which I shut down manually immediately upon starting the PC but it still takes the same amount of time....
  6. PC slow the first 3-5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC slow the first 3-5 minutes: I have a Dell Inspiron 3000 with windows 10. Every time I do a cold start turn my PC on it' s very slow and takes 3 to 5 minutes to catch up speed. I have Malwarebytes which I shut down manually immediately upon starting the PC but it still takes the same amount of time....
  7. PC slow the first 3-5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. BSOD after 5 minutes of boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after 5 minutes of boot: Hi My PC was working fine until yesterday. This morning I opened it up to clean out dust, like I usually do every few months. Since then, it take much longer to boot up, almost 4 to 5 minutes I can use the device for another 5 minutes but it is slow and then a blue screen...
  9. Slow boot up and taskbar doesn't work the first 5 minutes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow boot up and taskbar doesn't work the first 5 minutes.: Hi everyone, the beginning of 2019 when I bought a brand new computer. The computer had a GTX 1080, 16GB RAM, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X and a 250GB SSD and a 1TB HDD disk. The computer was really good in my opinion and there wasn't a problem with it until the beginning of this...
  10. Laptop to PC homegroup transfer slows to a stop after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop to PC homegroup transfer slows to a stop after 5 minutes: Hello When I try to copy and paste files from one homegroup PC to another it starts fast (60mb/s) but within a minute or two it starts to slow down and after about 5 minutes stops completely and windows tells me there is no network connection. I then can't use the internet...