Windows 10: W10 Unrecognized C:\Users Folder

Discus and support W10 Unrecognized C:\Users Folder in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; This is a problem with multiple levels I think, so I'm trying to isolate them one by one... I have a backup computer on my network (running latest W10... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ebergerly, Jul 19, 2018.

1. ebergerly Win User

W10 Unrecognized C:\Users Folder

This is a problem with multiple levels I think, so I'm trying to isolate them one by one...

I have a backup computer on my network (running latest W10 update), and under C:\Users there is a folder (call it Joe). However, when I run "net user" on the command line it doesn't show "Joe" as a recognized user, nor does Joe show up anywhere as a user account.

I believe that originally with that computer I started with an account "Joe", but subsequently added a second account (call it Bill), that matches the main admin account on my other networked main computer, and regularly log in to that main account (Bill) on both computers.

I guess my question is this:

If "Joe" is a user (since it's listed under C:\Users), then why would it not be also shown as an active or hidden user in any of the W10 user account management stuff?

And part 2 of this is that I am unable to synchronize my folders across the networked computers because I can't copy files (due to insufficient access rights) to the Joe folder. The only way it works is if I give access to the Joe folders to Everyone, which I don't want to do.

Thanks for any help.

:)

ebergerly, Jul 19, 2018
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jul 19, 2018
  3. DMales Win User
    Unrecognized user account

I just reset windows 10 (ouch) and recovered most everything from on-line backup. I am a bit confused as I have an unrecognized user account, which could be my email truncated (dmale) In C:\User. When I try to manage it in the User control Panel
    dialog I don't see it, just the User I restored (Don) There are some new folders in
    dmale, but they also seem to be in my Don User Account. Ideas?

**Post moved by forum moderator to appropriate category**

DMales, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Unable to see folder C:\users\all users

Windows does not have a folder All users. It is a link to C:\ProgramData folder, in other words when you run command DIR "C:\Users\All Users", it lists the content of folder C:\ProgramData.

Thema:

1. W10 Unrecognized C:\Users Folder - Similar Threads - W10 Unrecognized Users

2. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming folder in C:\Users: The chap who installed Windows 10 on my PC, I asked him to use my license key when installing. I see that in this folder: C:\Users There is a profile named Win10 I sign in with my Microsoft account, use a PIN. Meaning this is not a local account, I want to change the name of...
  3. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming folder in C:\Users: The chap who installed Windows 10 on my PC, I asked him to use my license key when installing. I see that in this folder: C:\Users There is a profile named Win10 I sign in with my Microsoft account, use a PIN. Meaning this is not a local account, I want to change the name of...
  4. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Messed up 'Users' folder, unrecognized and unneeded username in cyrillics, and where the...

Messed up 'Users' folder, unrecognized and unneeded username in cyrillics, and where the...: Hello, Microsoft community!for the record: I will be posting image as hyperlinks on imgbb, because for some reason the question form doesn't let me upload image filesWHAT IS THE PROBLEM?My 'Users' folder includes multiple users, which are all me, but for different mostly...
  6. Messed up 'Users' folder, unrecognized and unneeded username in cyrillics, and where the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up 'Users' folder, unrecognized and unneeded username in cyrillics, and where the...: Hello, Microsoft community!for the record: I will be posting image as hyperlinks on imgbb, because for some reason the question form doesn't let me upload image filesWHAT IS THE PROBLEM?My 'Users' folder includes multiple users, which are all me, but for different mostly...
  7. C:\User folders

C:\User folders: Please respond to the following with your thoughts and recommendations since this setup looks WACKY to me:Note that I am the only person who has ever used my computer. No one else has ever created a User folder on it.There are five User folders under C:\Users in my File...
  8. Unrecognized folder

Unrecognized folder: Good day. during the process of selecting a folder to save a word file, I came across a folder that I have never seen before. Can you tell me what it is please? I pasted it below. I also left the data string out just in case it is suppose to be private. Thanks....
  9. Postgres Folder In C:\Users ???

in Windows 10 Support
    Postgres Folder In C:\Users ???: I recently noticed this folder in my C:\Users folder named postgres. I didn't find mush about it when searching the web. I was wondering what this might be associated with? Here are a few screenshots I took. Showing it's location and the folders therein. [img] [img] The...
  10. W10 changes user rights on folders

W10 changes user rights on folders: I am running a multiboot W7-pro and W10-pro with several harddisks build in the computer to discover that after W10 used a disk W7 wants to check it to find no errors. Beside that I am not allowed to delete some folders I created in W7 after using them in W10 and they are set...