Windows 10: w10 update caused problems with all apps

Discus and support w10 update caused problems with all apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Have you read my reply, post #11 regarding downloading the most current iso file ? Yes I did downloaded the latest version- but the report was saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by joddle, Apr 14, 2016.

1. joddle Win User

w10 update caused problems with all apps

Yes I did downloaded the latest version- but the report was saying something about the wrong location - cant remember exactly what - anyway I have now installed 64 bit version and all working well - this time I will only install the software I actually use - may help keep things a bit cleaner! However all your help very much appreciated and now thanks to you I do know of a way of effecting a repair should I need to do so again. Regards

joddle, Apr 15, 2016
  2. davidhk Win User

..............anyway I have now installed 64 bit version and all working well .......................

Did you download the 32-bit version before ?

I did caution you to download the same Windows edition, language and bit version your computer is running in Post #11. Yes ?

Anyway, nice to know you are back in business.
    Happy computing.

If no more issue, please mark your thread as Solved so that others with a similar issue will know there is an answer in this thread.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 15, 2016
  3. joddle Win User
    No - previously I had 32 bit so did not try updating with the wrong bit version - its just that something has obviously one wrong with the PC - I did have a load of malware issues shortly before and they may have contributed although the PC was running well before the update that caused the problem. Now actually happier with the 64 bit version - and a very clean machine *Smile Thanks again for you help

joddle, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

w10 update caused problems with all apps

1. w10 update caused problems with all apps - Similar Threads - w10 update caused

2. Did downloading optional Windows Updates cause all these problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did downloading optional Windows Updates cause all these problems?: I have had a long running series of problems on my PC. Some examples below. All screen freezes and having to manually reboot from the power button. I finally seem to have solved the problem. I think it was caused by these optional downloads offered by Windows Update: Not...
  3. Did downloading optional Windows Updates cause all these problems?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did downloading optional Windows Updates cause all these problems?: I have had a long running series of problems on my PC. Some examples below. All screen freezes and having to manually reboot from the power button. I finally seem to have solved the problem. I think it was caused by these optional downloads offered by Windows Update: Not...
  4. W10 update problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 update problems: The last W10 update has caused all sorts of problems. Tried to undo the update, get the message "Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later". Tried a system restore, that only shows one restore point, the one before the update and resulted in, could not complete....
  5. W10 Update 041120 Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Update 041120 Problem: Many of the Microsoft Programs are no longer working e.g. Mail and Calender Cortana Films&TV Microsoft ToDo Photo's and Video Editor. When I restarted there was a message that some Operations may need re-installing but that doesn't appear to be an option with Mail and...
  6. w10 update problems

w10 update problems: Hi. I am trying to update my W10. Many times now, i have downloaded it, and it fails during installation, at about the 35% mark. I get an error code of 0x80070002. I have been through trouble-shooting about 3 times now. Can anyone offer advice on this please?...
  7. Failure to install all W10 updates.

Failure to install all W10 updates.: My laptop was upgraded to W10 from W7. Now, further updates for W10 do not work. The system will spend all day downloading the file then trying to install it, then fail, and spend the rest of the day undoing the changes it has made to the system. I want to stop it trying to...
  8. Podcast app causing problem with all other apps playing sound (Win10)

Podcast app causing problem with all other apps playing sound (Win10): Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1803 (build 17134.523) ; external soundcard Creative SBX I downloaded and installed the Grover Podcast app yesterday, and then discovered that no sounds were available through the external soundcard from other apps or programs, including...
  9. Update causes problems

Update causes problems: Twice the windows button in the lefthand corner of the taskbar has stopped working after an update. I have fixed the problem by undoing the update but the system keeps on wanting to try again. How can I stop it? *** moved to englisch Community ***...
  10. App updates causing problems for other user accounts

App updates causing problems for other user accounts: Is anyone else having issues when Microsoft decides to update one its native apps? This has happened a few times now where I login to my acc and check in store for updates. Just now voice recorder, calculator and alarms all updated. I opened each one to test them out and all...