Windows 10: W10 update from W7/W8/W8.1 still working !!!!

Discus and support W10 update from W7/W8/W8.1 still working !!!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi folks. Not sure how long this will continue to work but the Free update from W7/W8/W8.1 is STILL working as of 16 Nov 2017. I entered an old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Nov 16, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

W10 update from W7/W8/W8.1 still working !!!!

Hi folks.

Not sure how long this will continue to work but the Free update from W7/W8/W8.1 is STILL working as of 16 Nov 2017.

I entered an old Technet key for W8.1 pro on a clean install of W10 pro via the media creation tool.

No probs -- activated with Digital Licence.

Some of those old technet keys can be use loads of times !!!! Not sure how long this loophole will remain open but if you need extra W10 images for VM's etc then it's worth trying if you've got old technet keys to use the media creation route with your old keys to install latest W10 releases. At install time enter the old key (W7/W8/W8,1) when prompted for a serial.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 16, 2017
  2. Keller49 Win User

W/10 - Dell SVGA Display does not work

Had no issue with W7, W8, W8.1

I'll wait til W10 has better creds

Keller49, Nov 16, 2017
  3. Keller49 Win User
    W/10 - Dell SVGA Display does not work

I had the drivers installed with W7, W8 and W8.1

Never had a problem.

So far, not impressed with W10

Keller49, Nov 16, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

5. Steve C Win User
    I did a new Windows 7 installation on an old PC last week then upgraded to Windows 10 32 bit FCU which activated with no problems. I then fiddled about trying to install the 64 bit version which failed due to a CPU incompatibility which I should have realised. I restored the previous 32 bit installation which also activated within an hour.

Steve C, Nov 16, 2017
  6. ASH101 Win User
    it happened to me too
    switched from windows 7 to 8.1 without activating and then straight to 10 and it ignored 8.1 and activated with the windows 7 key

ASH101, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 update from W7/W8/W8.1 still working !!!! - Similar Threads - W10 update still

2. System Restore W8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore W8: My control panel is not showing its system restore to restore. I have it's icon in my bottom task bar and when I open that it only shows todays date and nothing to choose another date to restore. Does anyone know how to get this restore to work? I have been all over the net...
  3. Shhh!!! Free upgrade from W7/W8/W8.1 still working !!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Shhh!!! Free upgrade from W7/W8/W8.1 still working !!: Hi folks I recovered another old server -- rescued again from I.T dept scrapping it and totally wiped HDD's. Nothing of mine was or ever had been on that machine. Created media creation tool for current version of Windows and installed W10 Pro eng-GB edition. checked "I...
  4. Shhh!!! Free upgrade from W7/W8/W8.1 still working !!

in Windows 10 Support
    Shhh!!! Free upgrade from W7/W8/W8.1 still working !!: Hi folks I recovered another old server -- rescued again from I.T dept scrapping it and totally wiped HDD's. Nothing of mine was or ever had been on that machine. Created media creation tool for current version of Windows and installed W10 Pro eng-GB edition. checked "I...
  5. Upgrading a W8 to W10 VM in VMWARE

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Upgrading a W8 to W10 VM in VMWARE: Hi there If you want to do an inplace upgrade of W8 to W10 in a VMware Virtual Machine UNINSTALL VMWARE TOOLS before you do the upgrade and then re-install them afterwards. Set the ISO image as your CD /DVD drive and simply run the setup from WITHIN the existing Virtual...
  6. Clean install w10 from w8

Clean install w10 from w8: Hi guys, I'm stuck at a point where I cant go back nor proceed further, please assist me.. My scenario is i tried clean installation of w10 but as my partition is in GPT format it is not accepting, what I did as a mistake is I formatted the drive having w8, now my pc isnt...
  7. Reminder - probably stop soon - Old W7/W8 keys STILL working

Reminder - probably stop soon - Old W7/W8 keys STILL working: Hi folks Those wanting to do CLEAN installs or upgrades (including CU update 1703) can STILL use W7/W8/W8.1 keys from old installations or old Technet keys -- remember though you can only upgrade to similar --e,g W7pro/Ultimate--->W10 Pro for example. Not sure how long...
  8. FREE upgrade from W7 / W8 / W8.1 to CU upgrade STILL working !!!

FREE upgrade from W7 / W8 / W8.1 to CU upgrade STILL working !!!: Hi there Clean install CU edition from an ISO using W8 key (old Technet key --still kept those) works fine and activates. Cheers jimbo 81199
  9. Can't reinstall W8 from W10 using CD

Can't reinstall W8 from W10 using CD: Hello, I'm trying to reinstall W8 using my CD but in the Windows Setup, clicking Upgrade gives me a Compatibility Report that tells me to remove the CD, restart my computer so Windows starts normally, then reinsert the CD to restart the upgrade. Clicking Custom and then...
  10. W10 screen snap like W8

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 screen snap like W8: Hi I've just upgraded my laptop to W10 from W8. What I used to do on W8 is say watch the FilmOn app on the right hand side of the screen and use the left hand side to do everything else - outlook, chrome, word, excel...any desktop software. I'd flick between them and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update w8 to w10

2. how to upgrade w8 to w8.1

3. update w8.1 tow10

4. w8 to w10 update,
  5. serial key di w7 w8 w10 allversions