Windows 10: W10 update knocks out epson printer

Discus and support W10 update knocks out epson printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just installed the latest W10 update (version 1803) and can no longer print. I have an Epson EPL-6100 laser which is now 15 years old or so but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ALANGR, May 19, 2018.

1. ALANGR Win User

W10 update knocks out epson printer

I have just installed the latest W10 update (version 1803) and can no longer print. I have an Epson EPL-6100 laser which is now 15 years old or so but this morning it was still working OK; now it is not.

The Bonjour wizard does not help and Windows does not even detect it. What searches I have done have mostly found buggy sites and from Epson all I can see is that they have nothing for W10!

Any ideas on how to get going again (short of a new printer!).

Thanks.

:)

ALANGR, May 19, 2018
  2. MRaven(2) Win User

A software update regarding Epson printers

This software update just appeared on my laptop. I see that an Epson printer has been added to my list of printers. I have never owned an Epson, so did not download the update.

I have a Lexmark printer, there are now two Lexmark printer names appearing in my list. I lost the ability to print via network after 'upgrading' ? to Windows 10.

are these updates going to continue for various printer models?

MRaven(2), May 20, 2018
  3. MarkSzar Win User
    Windows update error: EPSON - Printers - EPSON WorkForce 545 Series - Error 0x80240017

1) Yes. Here it is exactly:

'There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

• EPSON - Printers - EPSON WF-3530 Series- Error 0x80240017'
    2) My EPSON Printer Model is WF-3530

NOTES:

• This error message has appeared for many months every time Windows Update runs
    • This error is occurring on a laptop running a 64 bit version of Windows 10. I have a desktop running a 32 bit version of Windows 10 and this message NEVER appears - the EPSON printer driver is installed on both machines

MarkSzar, May 20, 2018
Thema:

W10 update knocks out epson printer

1. W10 update knocks out epson printer - Similar Threads - W10 update knocks

2. wifi is out of order for epson printer L5190

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi is out of order for epson printer L5190: Good day!Why I cant connect my printer into pc and wifi is out of order for Epson L5190 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-is-out-of-order-for-epson-printer-l5190/8ecc592c-65db-442b-b99f-b02d68aba335
  3. wifi is out of order for epson printer L5190

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi is out of order for epson printer L5190: Good day!Why I cant connect my printer into pc and wifi is out of order for Epson L5190 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-is-out-of-order-for-epson-printer-l5190/8ecc592c-65db-442b-b99f-b02d68aba335
  4. Epson printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson printer: I have an Epson workforce WF 7820 printer used with my PC and operating system 8.1When I turn on the PC, the Epson icon appears in the taskbar, but it disappears as soon as I turn on the printer.The Epson users guide talks about clicking "printing preferences" and then...
  5. Epson printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epson printer: I have an Epson workforce WF 7820 printer used with my PC and operating system 8.1When I turn on the PC, the Epson icon appears in the taskbar, but it disappears as soon as I turn on the printer.The Epson users guide talks about clicking "printing preferences" and then...
  6. Why did the update knock out my speakers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why did the update knock out my speakers?: I don't know why Microsoft employees can't roll out an update without messing up some part of my computer. I postpone updates for as long as I can because I know you guys will botch it and cause me hours of work. Now your update knocked out my speakers even though my...
  7. strange problem W10 Laptop with Epson xp-400 printer

strange problem W10 Laptop with Epson xp-400 printer: I have an Epson XP 400 printer. It works great. All is fine on my W7 laptop and a W10 laptop. But my other W10 laptop is weird. If I see something I want to print, turn on the printer, and print, it says the printer is offline. But the document is in the print queue. If I...
  8. Epson printer

Epson printer: Can anyone tell me why a printer will only print somethings and not others. It is an Epson ET 2550 and windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer/c4c461b1-c6b2-4685-ab80-872fada4b2ba
  9. Epson printer

Epson printer: there is no maintenance settings and does not print any more black pages and color pages look all messed up wrong colors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer/3f00a4de-aab6-49ab-89c2-49693ed7ec2a
  10. Windows update knocks out internet connections

in Windows 10 News
    Windows update knocks out internet connections: [img] Windows update knocks out internet connections - BBC News 72365

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if you have windws 7 and it does an update knocks out your scan folder